NYC in June

Bruce&Pam

I'm considering a June cruise out of NYC, but I've never done anything but the Caribbean before. We'll be flying on Southwest into either Long Island or LaGuardia. Could someone tell me which one is closer to the Port? Is there a hotel in either airport?

Thanks,

Bruce

I'm considering a June cruise out of NYC, but I've never done anything but the Caribbean before. We'll be flying on Southwest into either Long Island or LaGuardia. Could someone tell me which one is closer to the Port? Is there a hotel in either airport?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

If you're sailing with Carnival out of the Manhattan Cruise Ship Terminal you might be better off flying into Newark Airport in New Jersey. It's much closer to the west side of Manhattan.

There's no point flying into Macarthur Airport in Long Island that is quite a distance into the city at least an hour and a half. LaGuardia is about a 45 minute trip.

There are certainly hotels at the airports but, if you do some research you can probably find some decent rates at a hotel in New York City not far from the pier.

Jonathan

Thanks,

Bruce

It's over 65 miles from Long Island (McArthur airport) to the West side piers in NYC, so forget that idea unless you want to take the train/shuttle into Manhattan (which IMHO is a big hassle).

There are two very decent hotels around LGA-the Crowne Plaza and the Marriott. Directly across the road from each other and directly across the parkway from LGA. In fact, in the rear upper rooms at the Marriott, you can watch the runways (no noise).

You can generally get these two hotels on Priceline bidding for NO more than $125.00 per night, often just under $100 per night. Bid ONLY 3.5* in the LaGuardia airport area and you will ONLY get these hotels.

Hi Bruce,

If you're sailing with Carnival out of the Manhattan Cruise Ship Terminal you might be better off flying into Newark Airport in New Jersey. It's much closer to the west side of Manhattan.

Jonathan

You will pay $65.00-80 from EWR to Manhattan unless you take public transport. It is about $35.00 from LGA. It is quite pricey to take cab/car service across state lines. The laws are NOT the same in NY/NJ and you can be royally gouged getting between the two states.

Archived