back to back - how is disembarkation/embarkation handled?

flintg

Pardon the stupid question! We are booked on the Star and will immediately reboard the Crown.:D

What are the procedures as far as customs is concerned, and how does

one get from one ship to the other?:confused:

We have a similar question. We are getting off the Sapphire and getting on the Coral on the same day in Vancouver. We don't want to get off the Sapphire too early if we can't drop off the luggage at the Coral. We want to spend as much time exploring Vancouver as possible. What time do you think the Coral will start accepting luggage? We already have heard about the storage at the terminal for $15 per suitcase but would rather not do that if Coral will take luggage and we can come back at 3 pm to check in.

Thanks for your help!

You will receive a letter from the Officer handling the change of ships. You will have your luggage packed to take with you, not given to the night guy to take to the carousel. Then you will meet him/her at the area in the letter. If others are with you moving then you will all walk together over to the ship, give your paperwork, passport & charge card to the party who gives you the keycard & you go onboard. If you are solo, then very personal treatment.

So when do you change?

Pardon the stupid question! We are booked on the Star and will immediately reboard the Crown.:D

What are the procedures as far as customs is concerned, and how does

one get from one ship to the other?:confused:

You will receive a letter from the Officer handling the change of ships. You will have your luggage packed to take with you, not given to the night guy to take to the carousel. Then you will meet him/her at the area in the letter. If others are with you moving then you will all walk together over to the ship, give your paperwork, passport & charge card to the party who gives you the keycard & you go onboard. If you are solo, then very personal treatment.

So when do you change?

April 17th! Our first b2b and we are excited!

I am somewhat handicapped as I must carry oxygen 24/7 so am hoping

they will have a way of getting the luggage from ship to ship and that i don't have to carry it far!

Here I always thought you disembarked like everyone else collected your own luggage and then checked in at the other ship like e new passenger.

When duid they start doning this? Never knew they assited you.

What port is this? FLL?

I agree... There is no assistance when leaving one ship and boarding another.

So when do you change?

This sounds more like a B2B transition on the same ship.

I know but the scenario indicated by AFT_LOVER sounds like one that would be used for the same ship transition.

The post is for moving from one ship to another which is totally incorrect. As for doing a b2b on the same ship several of the things poster said is incorrect..

You will receive a letter from the Officer handling the change of ships. (YES)

You will have your luggage packed to take with you, not given to the night guy to take to the carousel. (NO)

Then you will meet him/her at the area in the letter. (YES)

If others are with you moving then you will all walk together over to the ship, give your paperwork, passport & charge card to the party who gives you the keycard & you go onboard. (NO)

If you are solo, then very personal treatment. (NO)

I always thought you disembark from one ship as normal and then embark on the other ship as normal and the only time a B2B process happens is when you stay on the same ship.

You are correct.. :D

Thank you for your replies. We are doing the Sapphire coastal to Vancouver, and the same day, we are disembarking the Sapphire and are embarking on the Coral to Alaska. What we really want to know is the earliest time we can check our luggage in on the Coral so we know when to get off the Sapphire in Vancouver. We just don't want to get off the Sapphire and stand around with our luggage. We are planning on doing some sightseeing and then coming back around 3 pm to check in.

The post is for moving from one ship to another which is totally incorrect. As for doing a b2b on the same ship several of the things poster said is incorrect..

You will receive a letter from the Officer handling the change of ships. (YES)

You will have your luggage packed to take with you, not given to the night guy to take to the carousel. (NO)

Then you will meet him/her at the area in the letter. (YES)

If others are with you moving then you will all walk together over to the ship, give your paperwork, passport & charge card to the party who gives you the keycard & you go onboard. (NO)

If you are solo, then very personal treatment. (NO)

OK, I am sorry I have caused confusion but am still unclear as to the correct procedure! Do we or do we not have to clear customs when we disembark from the Star on the 17th and then clear customs again to embark on the Crown? Is there transportation available to take us to the Crown after we clear customs?:confused:

OK, I am sorry I have caused confusion but am still unclear as to the correct procedure! Do we or do we not have to clear customs when we disembark from the Star on the 17th and then clear customs again to embark on the Crown? Is there transportation available to take us to the Crown after we clear customs?:confused:

Yes when you get off you are considered a new passenger and have to go through the same customs stuff again getting back on the Crown.

Transportation would be up to you.

hi, its like finishing your cruise and going home but you are doing another cruise so you have to clear customs and immigration and finding your own way to the other ship and checking in again

Thank you for your replies. We are doing the Sapphire coastal to Vancouver, and the same day, we are disembarking the Sapphire and are embarking on the Coral to Alaska. What we really want to know is the earliest time we can check our luggage in on the Coral so we know when to get off the Sapphire in Vancouver. We just don't want to get off the Sapphire and stand around with our luggage. We are planning on doing some sightseeing and then coming back around 3 pm to check in.

There has been a place in the past where the lines for embarkation are where you can check your luggage. Princess also has had some tours for people for a couple hours and then will bring you back for check in. I think you can give them your luggage at least by 10, maybe earlier but I'm not sure.

See if you can be on the list to be in the last group getting off, then you should be able to start checking your luggage for the other cruise.

You should call princess and find out. Do you have transfers. You never did tell us what port.

Archived