New to Norwegian - Birthday question

KCTC

This is my first post on cruise critic, I have just contacted my travel agent to book us in on the Epic in December. What can you do to celebrate birthday's on the ship? We've cruised DCL before, and they brought out a birthday cake at dinner. Do you need to order one on NCL or ?? Any info is great. Thanks

I am planning several birthdays for my cruise in April and my TA has checked with NCL. She said that you should check with the Restaurant Captain at the time you book your reservation and let them know a cake is needed. I'm crossing my fingers that it will all work out. I'll be back on 4/10 and I'll let you know.

Go to NCL.com and look under bon voyage, scroll down and you'll find their party packages. They have a birthday one for $30. You get confetti, streamer, balloons and cake.:p You can preoder it. I just ordered a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries to be in our room on embarkation day.:D

You get a free cake for your birthday. We called NCL and they added it to our reservation. They did the same for our last cruise in August for our anniversary. We got a cake at our anniversary dinner. They actually make the cakes fresh daily on board. We did a behind the scenes tour on the Spirit and one of the things we saw was the baker making the cakes.

On the Gem this summer, my father had his 75th birthday on our day in Rome. I had looked at the Birthday package and decided against it since it really wasn't the type of thing he would get much out of. On his birthday, we found a note in our cabin telling us to present the note to our waiter in any of the restaurants for a birthday surprise. At the end of our meal, he brought out a nice little birthday cake and several of the crew joined him in singing Happy Birthday to my father. It was a nice evening. I did nothing to arrange it. I decided taking he and my mother to Rome was gift enough. :-)

This is my first post on cruise critic, I have just contacted my travel agent to book us in on the Epic in December. What can you do to celebrate birthday's on the ship? We've cruised DCL before, and they brought out a birthday cake at dinner. Do you need to order one on NCL or ?? Any info is great. Thanks

My cousin, also my TA, always arranges a (free) cake when someone in our little group celebrates a birthday or anniversary.

My first cruise was in 1986 and I celebrated a birthday on board. It was wonderful. I hope yours is just as special and memorable.

Archived