Do they have a "nursery" on FOS??

JENANDGENE

I read something about this for Oasis... a "nursery" for ages 6-36 months?

Do they have this on freedom? My youngest will be 2 and a half when we go and I was wondering about it..

If it is available, what do they charge??

No nursery. You can get in-room babysitting at certain times for 12 mo and up, and there will be parent-child play times with organized activities, toys, etc. at certain times. There's also a little pool in the kids' area of the pool deck that is equipped with special filtration, so unlike many ships, little ones do have a place to swim.

Considering that your youngest will be 2 1/2 and your problems with getting main dining, would you consider a :eek: Carnival cruise. I personally prefer RCCL too and would love to go on the Freedom, but being on a RCCL ship with a 2 1/2 year old, in my experience, is not a lot of fun.

Considering that your youngest will be 2 1/2 and your problems with getting main dining, would you consider a :eek: Carnival cruise. I personally prefer RCCL too and would love to go on the Freedom, but being on a RCCL ship with a 2 1/2 year old, in my experience, is not a lot of fun.

I would think being on Freedom with my youngest since there is a baby pool would be better than Carnival where she can't swim at all....

And sorry but I am an RCCL girl, won't go any other way, and have never heard anything but negative things about Carnival :rolleyes:

We had a great time on the Explorer in 2008 with our 2 1/2 year old grandson and will probably do it again next summer with two grandsons who will be 4 and 1 1/2 at the time. We did the 9 day Bermuda/Caribbean cruise, our excursions were planned with Ben in mind so we did mostly beach days. We did not use any baby sitting services as we had enough aunts & uncles with us that everyone took turns watching/entertaining Ben.

Sherri:)

Try the in cabin sitting. You would need to book the times as soon as you board (customer service desk). I think the prices are up to $16/hour (cash) and payable directly to the babysitter.

Freedom doesn't have a nursery but you can use the in cabin sitting.

Archived