How often does your Carnival Consultant call you?

misfit72ford

I just sent an email to the one who seems to have been assigned to me. I haven't cruised Carnival in 10 years but have been looking at the Fantasy since it will be "local" to me soon. The consultant has called five times in fifteen days and spoken with me three of those. Every time I have told her we are no where near ready to book.

Does this seem excessive to anyone else or is it just me?

Thanks!

My PVP calls and emails to the point the makes you want to get nasty. I put Carnival's # in my phone book on my cell so I can see who is calling(usually at the worst time when my hands are full). It makes me think that they track when you are looking on their website and then pester you for a sale.

I just sent an email to the one who seems to have been assigned to me. I haven't cruised Carnival in 10 years but have been looking at the Fantasy since it will be "local" to me soon. The consultant has called five times in fifteen days and spoken with me three of those. Every time I have told her we are no where near ready to book.

Does this seem excessive to anyone else or is it just me?

Thanks!

Usually soon after we return from a cruise - 2--3 weeks or so to ask how we enjoyed, etc. and asks if we have any plans for a future cruise. We say not right now, but we will call you when we do.

Works for us.

Mine doesn't email me at all . Did call me once to offer an ajoining cabin for cheap. Took him up on it. We now have 2 cabins for 4 people instead of 4 in one with bunk beds. Overall I was please with his efforts when I had a question.

After my first cruise, I was called about every 3-6 months by my PVP. I did think it odd that on at least one occasion he called the day after I looked at their website.. maybe I just look at their website too often.

He hasn't called for quite a while and I did call him out of the blue to book - he thanked me for remembering him, so maybe he'll get the hint that he doesn't have to keep bugging me.

I believe that we are being tracked through tracking cookies. If someone could tell me how to permanently delete, I would. I have been getting alot of calls lately and all I am doing is looking up cruises..unfortunately cannot book right now:(

I get an occasional email, but haven't ever received a call.

If I subscribe to the cookie stalker theory, I'd bet it's because I don't browse the website logged in. I only log in if I need to do something with my existing reservation.

ETA - I should test the theory by logging in and searching....see if I get a call.

We have one of the best PVP's!!! She doesn't call of e-mail us unless we contact her. She is like a part of our family. When we do talk on the phone its like talking to a sister and I like that a lot. As long as she is a PVP she will be ours.:)

Know what you mean - we were getting called alot by our PVP and I didn't know why until he told me they're instructed to call you whenever you visit the Carnival website (and are a registered user). We just told him that we'd contact HIM when we were ready to book and that was that.

Mine does not call me except when we first met after I ask for someone to call me. I told him when I would be booking after speaking for a while and he said okay. I called when ready to book, called him and have not heard from him since. We will talk as needed. :)

Last year I was looking around for a cruise and signed up on Carnival's website for updates, news, sales, etc.. I received several calls for the next few weeks from our PVP but I kept telling her I was not ready to book. Finally, the calls stopped and all went back to normal. Until.......

Last week I started looking around for a fall cruise and of course looked on Carnival's site. Well, lo and behold, the calls and e-mails started back up. NEVER once did I sign in to my account. I immediately felt uncomfortable with the apparent reality that they do track and can find who is looking around on their websites. I also want to mention that I too looked on RCCL and NCL. I have yet to hear from either one of them.

Now, I am ready to book my cruise but I do not want to go through my assigned PVP. I called last evening and got ahold of a very friendly PVP who seemed very knowledgable and helpful. Therefore, I will be calling her back when I get ready to book. My current PVP called me today and stated she had seen where I had been in contact with Carnival and wanted to talk to me about deals and specials. She made it seem like there were deals that only SHE could give. No way, I am not buying her sales pitch. I just personally don't like the pushy nature of my current PVP.

Than again, Carnival might expect their PVP's to make a set amount/quota of contacts each month and these calls and e-mails might fill that quota. Who knows.....

I believe that we are being tracked through tracking cookies. If someone could tell me how to permanently delete, I would. I have been getting alot of calls lately and all I am doing is looking up cruises..unfortunately cannot book right now:(

Use CCleaner. It's free and you can pick which cookies to keep and which to get rid of. I use it all the time.

The day after I started looking at the website, a PVP called me. Next day I called back and he wasn't there, so spoke to someone else. Got a quote, told him I'd call him back when I was ready. Next day I got 2 calls from him. :rolleyes: I didn't answer and the first time he hung up, second time he left a message. I booked after that.

our pvp will sometimes call a few weeks after we get back from a cruise but he knows we will call him when ready so usually he will not call.

This works for us. Someday if we might want to do moments notice type bookings and if so would ask him to contact when he has a bargain for us.

They DO track your activity on their website - confirmed by my PVP. Mine is pretty cool. I told him to call me in 1 month & he did to the day. But - I still wasn't ready to book & said call me 3/16. I decided to book before then and called him directly & he was great!

Ashley :-)

We have the best PVP ever! He emails me specials that he thinks we might be interested in, and then will just email to wish us "A Happy New Year" or to "ask if we enjoyed our recent cruise and welcome us home", etc. If I ask him to call, he will return my call as soon as possible. We have used him for many years now, and wouldn't even think of talking with anyone else! What an asset he is to Carnival. I emailed him Sunday, and told him to call me as we wanted to book for 2012. Monday, I received a call from him, told him the date we were looking at..he already knows the cabin we book, so he doesn't even have to ask that. Just checks to see if it is available, and so we are booked for 2012!

My PVP always calls me when he has a great deal. He then calls me about 2 weeks after I book a cruise to tell me that he not only got me a better price but a upgrade.

Love to get those calls. I am always glad to hear from him.

The secret is to never turn down the offer.

Other than calls directly related to a cruise we had already booked, ours has only called once to let us know about a great deal for that upcoming weekend. It was a great deal, but unfortunately we're not in a position to be able to get up and go at any time. Explained this to her, as well as how we plan our cruises (do our research and then call when we've decided which cruise to book). She hasn't made another "cold call" since.

We have a pvp we've never booked with call and call and call. When it was time to book, I just called and booked with whomever answered cuz I was sick of the harrassment. He called me a few days later and asked why I didn't book with him, because he's been calling me. SOOOO rude! Everytime I get a good PVP, they don't stick around, so I gave up, I just ignore the calls, and book with whoever answers the phone.

Archived