Terrace Pool on Caribbean Princess Riviera deck Question

tcha

Can you walk out to the Terrace pool from the Riviera deck ? Is this an adults only pool? Is a hot tub out by the pool ? Thanks, all !:)

Yes there are doors on either side of the ship and yes its adults only, and the chair saving starts early there.

I don't believe the area where the hot tub is will be adults only. As mentioned, it is a few decks up, near Morgan's Bar. There is another small family pool there as well as a tiny splash pool for kids.

Here's a pic I took a couple years ago showing the door from the Riviera deck (port side) and the pool area.

cruise364.jpg

Excellent photo - shows the area well.

The door at the left (down half a flight of steps) leads to Riviera deck. On Grand, Golden & Star, the door is still there - it leads to Aloha deck. Likewise, this door is on all the Gem class ships>

The Hot Tub is behind the blue glazing, 2 decks up. On the Caribbean Princess, there is also another small swimming pool there, and a paddling pool for the children, as well as a bar. Star Princess also has the paddling pool.

On Grand Princess and Golden Princess, there are just 2 hot tubs and a bar on this deck, and it is a very quiet area. On the newer ships, they have spoilt it (in my opinion)

Excellent photo of our favorite area of the entire ship! I agree about the chair hogs. I only spend the whole day out there maybe once a cruise, and when I do, I am up early and out there by 7:30am, sitting in a lounge chair the entire day. Except to run down to our cabin (at the bottom of those stairs) or into the buffet for food to bring back out, I don't let myself leave. I've seen too many nasty confrontations back there!

On the newer ships, they have spoilt it (in my opinion)

I agree. I much prefer the Diamond and Sapphire set up (and don't recall what it looked like on the Grand and the Golden).

On the Ruby/Crown/Emerald, the hot tub is actually to the right of the blue screened area, on the starboard side. The blue screened area is a pool; signage on some ships states it is a Teen Pool. Some ships have a covered kiddie pool to the left of the blue screened area; others have a little tricycle track for the kids club, and still others (the Diamond/Sapphire) have a second hot tub. Perfection!

Part of the problem with this area on the Caribbean and her Riviera-deck sisters, is they stole a bunch of space from the Terrace to create the Cafe Caribe. The Terrace is a lot bigger on the Grand and Sapphire classes. On the plus side, since we usually grazed from the Cafe Caribe buffet for breakfast, it was a lot shorter walk to outside than before LOL.

Part of the problem with this area on the Caribbean and her Riviera-deck sisters, is they stole a bunch of space from the Terrace to create the Cafe Caribe. The Terrace is a lot bigger on the Grand and Sapphire classes. On the plus side, since we usually grazed from the Cafe Caribe buffet for breakfast, it was a lot shorter walk to outside than before LOL.

I totally agree with this! The area is much deeper and has much more table/chair space on the Grand! The Caribbean beats the newer ships in this area in that on the newer ships, Skywalker's also takes up good deck space. On the CB, it is suspended all the way aft, allowing a little bit more lounging area.

Archived