NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

That really stinks that you got rear ended! I hope you're ok. My daughter and her husband got rear ended a few years ago on hwy 80 in the El Cerrito area. She was dead stopped in traffic, and the guy hit her @ 55mph.

At first, we were thinking of bringing wine from home (we have @ 50 bottles :p). But the extra luggage weight and the risk of breaking we are probably going to buy some in FLL. We also were thinking of shipping to our hotel, but seems like too much hassle.

Carl, was the car totaled? YIKES, I was at a dead stop too but she was allegedly only going 35-40 but waiting for the police report. The guy at the oody shop said I "really got hit hard" which I already knew.

...guess you and Carol need to scope out stores in advance of your cruise. I am envious that you will be on the Allure; we loved her! It will be great to hear your thoughts!

• 2 weeks later...

All the Niner fans are happy!!

I am in a panic- which is normal for me - I have all the time in the world to get ready and boom.............nothing got done!!

But I will be on that ship --!! most definitely so.. ready or not!

Carl: I am in 11288 -- don't know how we will meet - i am sure the M&M will be super crowded -- and the Critter folks have so many things planned - I am not participating - are you a diamond? cuz there's always the concierge or whevever they will have us... we will be at the Embassy Suites on 11/30 ...

carol

All the Niner fans are happy!!

I am in a panic- which is normal for me - I have all the time in the world to get ready and boom.............nothing got done!!

But I will be on that ship --!! most definitely so.. ready or not!

Carl: I am in 11288 -- don't know how we will meet - i am sure the M&M will be super crowded -- and the Critter folks have so many things planned - I am not participating - are you a diamond? cuz there's always the concierge or whevever they will have us... we will be at the Embassy Suites on 11/30 ...

carol

We were on deck 11 too, but we moved to 9 forward.

No, we're not diamond status. We're staying at the gallery 1 doubletree.

We're not doing much with the critters either. Just the slot pull, i think.

We'll have to meet up somehow. Will you guys be at the meet and mingle?

Yes Carl, we plan to be at the M*M... we will be with our East Coast Cruisers Gang - so most likely, we will be loud!! ha!ha!

we will see each other no matter what - you can leave me a message ... keep our room # -- and we can meet somewhere -

I felt too overwhelmed with the Critters - a fine group, Liz is a beautiful person, but I want this cruise to be relaxing and no schedules or committments -

carol

Yes Carl, we plan to be at the M*M... we will be with our East Coast Cruisers Gang - so most likely, we will be loud!! ha!ha!

we will see each other no matter what - you can leave me a message ... keep our room # -- and we can meet somewhere -

I felt too overwhelmed with the Critters - a fine group, Liz is a beautiful person, but I want this cruise to be relaxing and no schedules or committments -

carol

I couldn't agree more. We don't like schedules too much when we vacation. Karen and I work real hard and vacations are time to recharge the batterys.

I'm sure we'll get together too.

We sure are getting excited for this cruise.

Looks like good weather for this weekend in Fort Lauderdale.

What airline you guys flying on?

We're going Virgin America. A friend just flew on them to Mexico and said they're fantastic.

I would like to try Virgin Air one of these days - just got a SoWest Visa so trying to gather up points - that's what we are taking, SoWest -- two free luggages each - we have used them 3 times now and they are ok - I buy the early bird so that we can go in first - works out ok -

still packing and getting ready - it's the little things that take up time - the toiletries, the purses, camera stuff, etc etc... then I panic thinking I have forgotten our passports, seapass, and other paper stuff!! just excited is all....

carol

We were on deck 11 too, but we moved to 9 forward.

No, we're not diamond status. We're staying at the gallery 1 doubletree.

We're not doing much with the critters either. Just the slot pull, i think.

We'll have to meet up somehow. Will you guys be at the meet and mingle?

Carl, we stayed at the Doubletree the first time we sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale...we got upgraded to a two-room suite. It was unexpected and if we knew we could have saved some Hilton Honors points as we used some to give to our friends so they could stay at the same hotel for free. I thought it was a great location and if I remember correctly the Galleria is next door.

Carl, we stayed at the Doubletree the first time we sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale...we got upgraded to a two-room suite. It was unexpected and if we knew we could have saved some Hilton Honors points as we used some to give to our friends so they could stay at the same hotel for free. I thought it was a great location and if I remember correctly the Galleria is next door.

Last year we kinda checked it out, and really liked the location. There's a water taxi stop there too. We'll probably take a evening cruise to a dinner spot. It's half price after 6pm. We were also thinking of going to that beach where the ships go out and watching them leave. There's going to be 8 ships leaving Saturday, Sunday 4.

Carol and Carl and your wonderful spouses, have a wonderful time on the beautiful Allure! I cannot wait to read about your comments...we loved her and the Oasis too of course!

Think of me while you are munching away on one of the wonderful roast beef sandwiches at Park Cafe!

3925.jpg

Carol and Carl and your wonderful spouses, have a wonderful time on the beautiful Allure! I cannot wait to read about your comments...we loved her and the Oasis too of course!

Think of me while you are munching away on one of the wonderful roast beef sandwiches at Park Cafe!

3925.jpg

Thank you!

We're all packed and ready to go. The town car picks us up at 6am. Hope this storm doesn't delay our flight.

• 2 weeks later...
Still here...one more day...nice meeting Carl & Karen...hope to meet up again soon...Janice...dee and patty are saying howdy...

Great! Bet you guys are having a blast. All we can say is: LUCKY!

You all have a safe trip home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Loved being on the Allure for another week - wouldn't hurt to be like Wizard Gary and be on for another week either!

Enjoyed meeting those I was able to - and for those I wasn't fortunate enough to meet, hopefully we can on another cruise!

Carol

Merry Christmas Carl and

Karen ---

so nice meeting you!!

Enjoy Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Carol & Narce

Same to you and Narce.

We're getting ready for the big day. All the kids are coming and father in law. I'm cooking prime rib on the Weber, Karen and the kids are doing the sides.

Carl: did you know about Liz's resignation from the Critter group - she posted on the 12/9 or was it the 12/2 roll call - are you in the group pic that was just posted on the 12/2 roll call just now?

carol

I love to make prime rib, look forward to it all year. The first time I was so scared I'd mess it up. Such an expensive cut of meat. But, now I've made it like 4 or 5 times. It's not "House of Prime Rib" but it's pretty darn good.

Yes, we did see that. Hope she's ok.

We are in that picture. We're in the back. Are you guys?

Where's Janice these days?

I love to make prime rib, look forward to it all year. The first time I was so scared I'd mess it up. Such an expensive cut of meat. But, now I've made it like 4 or 5 times. It's not "House of Prime Rib" but it's pretty darn good.

Yes, we did see that. Hope she's ok.

We are in that picture. We're in the back. Are you guys?

Where's Janice these days?

No, the hubbies were waiting for us so we all left before the pic was taken = i'll have to look for you again - what color outfit is Karen wearing?

yes, sure hope all will be well with Liz - she was so nice to me as I was able to say Hi to her once in while when our paths crossed...

were you at the Rita's fiesta ? gosh - when things happen, they happy fast and they flash right by me, now I am thinking, WHAT happened!? ha!ha!

Janice is probably busy with Christmas and re-couping from her fun trip in Maui - Hey Janice.... where are you? we miss you!!!

carol