NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Carol, glad you found the article...I was just going to look for you. FYI, since the dates are now over 10 days ago perhaps they have resolved the issues? I love oysters too!

I'll have Narce call them - emailed the kids and they haven't replied yet - sure don't want to ruin their weekend cuz we are all looking forward to this oyster feed as we do every yr = I also don't want to be responsible for anyone getting sick - our niece is a microbiologist and is so picky and always trying to be careful about stuff like this - let the nieces/nephews decide -- if they say go for it and just bring our own food, than that's good too -- carol

Hey Carol, did you get your show reservations yet? We did ours. Got everything we wanted, at the times we wanted.

I better start doing that - 3 of the gals in my group have theirs done - I will copy theirs... ha!ha! let them do all the work!

Carol

janice: decided NOt to go to oysters this weekend - one of the nieces said, didn't sound good and one of the nephews said we can go to a lake and go boating and bbq, etc etc.... but Narce said he had his heart set on oysters so now we can do more house hunting this Sat and told the kids we will just postpone and do oysters when it's 'clear' again - I am sure it's fine now, but we all thought, too close to the dates when they had problems. So thanx Janice for the warning and heads up -- I never would have known! carol

janice: decided NOt to go to oysters this weekend - one of the nieces said, didn't sound good and one of the nephews said we can go to a lake and go boating and bbq, etc etc.... but Narce said he had his heart set on oysters so now we can do more house hunting this Sat and told the kids we will just postpone and do oysters when it's 'clear' again - I am sure it's fine now, but we all thought, too close to the dates when they had problems. So thanx Janice for the warning and heads up -- I never would have known! carol

Carol, I feel bad that I ruined your annual oyster outing...

Carol, I feel bad that I ruined your annual oyster outing...

Well I totally GRATEFUL and so are the kids -- we don't want to get sick or take the chance - it may all be good now but who knows? just never know... we will have other chances - as I told them, it's only a postponement - they want to do something else - go to the lake and go boating, wine tasting -- don't know what Narce wants to do - since all 11 of them are ok for this weekend, they wanted to do something together-- us included.. I feel honored that they would want us to be with them also. carol

Well I totally GRATEFUL and so are the kids -- we don't want to get sick or take the chance - it may all be good now but who knows? just never know... we will have other chances - as I told them, it's only a postponement - they want to do something else - go to the lake and go boating, wine tasting -- don't know what Narce wants to do - since all 11 of them are ok for this weekend, they wanted to do something together-- us included.. I feel honored that they would want us to be with them also. carol

Carol, fortunately we have so many options in this area. FYI, food poisoning is not fun; I was really sick for two or three days a few decades ago. It actually was a delayed reaction but hit hard. I had a meeting scheduled with a Controller at Stanford and later found out he was sick too: we had been at the same farewell party. I found out that there were 30+ others who had gotten sick too; I had to fill out a lengthy questionnaire for the County. The caterer for this event at the Buck Estate was a well known in the area so it was a big deal. I have no idea what the cause was since not all of us ate the oysters...

Carol, fortunately we have so many options in this area. FYI, food poisoning is not fun; I was really sick for two or three days a few decades ago. It actually was a delayed reaction but hit hard. I had a meeting scheduled with a Controller at Stanford and later found out he was sick too: we had been at the same farewell party. I found out that there were 30+ others who had gotten sick too; I had to fill out a lengthy questionnaire for the County. The caterer for this event at the Buck Estate was a well known in the area so it was a big deal. I have no idea what the cause was since not all of us ate the oysters...

I had food poisoning last month - luckily it didn't last long but I knew I had it cuz my tummy felt funny and luckily, I was able to 'let it out' -- I didn't have a fever or I would have gone to ER -- I was home for 3 days cuz of feeling tired after my ordeal - felt the same 2 yrs ago when I was scheduled to fly to Hawaii - I got sick a week before and I thought I would have to cancel my flight - I was ok by the end of the week - I know, It's the most awful feeling... achey tummy but not so very painful - going to the bathroom every second - I did drink a lot of water and tried to eat crackers - not anxious to go thru that again so that's why I am so thankful you alerted me to that oyster article - carol

Lots of preps today - it's a simple get together but somehow the little details take a lot of time - little bowls for the dipping sauces - chips and dips for the kids - so had to get different kinds of dips - THEN I forgot the heavy duty plastic forks/spoons-- we gave ours away to the niece when we were cleaning around and forgot to buy some! I scrounge around for 15, that's how many people will be there - they cannot throw them away or use ONCE, they have to make sure they have it for the entire day!!ha!ha!

carol

Lots of preps today - it's a simple get together but somehow the little details take a lot of time - little bowls for the dipping sauces - chips and dips for the kids - so had to get different kinds of dips - THEN I forgot the heavy duty plastic forks/spoons-- we gave ours away to the niece when we were cleaning around and forgot to buy some! I scrounge around for 15, that's how many people will be there - they cannot throw them away or use ONCE, they have to make sure they have it for the entire day!!ha!ha!

carol

Carol, I hope you are back from your outing! Do you have a little Smokey Joe for the oysters? Do like them raw? I went to an oyster bar in San Francisco and did a sampler platter and there really is a big difference in taste...look forward to hearing about the get together!

Janice: we had a great time, as usual - Drakes Oyster Farm was closed - lots of business brewing at Tomales Bay and also Hog Island Oysters --they had a limit for their customers so we could only buy 124 (2 bags of 50's and 2 bags of 12's) so that they could sell to all their customers since Drakes was closed - normally we buy 150 but we were fine, it was enough - we buy the smalls and med's cuz the smalls are like medium and the med's are sort'a like large... so far so good, no one got sick.

then we went to a classic car show Sunday at Narce's mechanic's place in Concord; he has an event once a yr - customer appreciation day and they have a good spread of different foods, BBQ's, drinks, desserts, they give out raffle tickets for prizes and just a lot of fun for everyone - mostly the cars are Vettes but there were cobra's, GTO's, old Mustangs - nice show...

carol

Janice: we had a great time, as usual - Drakes Oyster Farm was closed - lots of business brewing at Tomales Bay and also Hog Island Oysters --they had a limit for their customers so we could only buy 124 (2 bags of 50's and 2 bags of 12's) so that they could sell to all their customers since Drakes was closed - normally we buy 150 but we were fine, it was enough - we buy the smalls and med's cuz the smalls are like medium and the med's are sort'a like large... so far so good, no one got sick.

then we went to a classic car show Sunday at Narce's mechanic's place in Concord; he has an event once a yr - customer appreciation day and they have a good spread of different foods, BBQ's, drinks, desserts, they give out raffle tickets for prizes and just a lot of fun for everyone - mostly the cars are Vettes but there were cobra's, GTO's, old Mustangs - nice show...

carol

Carol, thanks for reporting back...sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Did you win a raffle prize?

Carol, thanks for reporting back...sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Did you win a raffle prize?

Yes I did - last yr as soon as the owners of the shop gave me my raffle tickets, I won a bag full of car goodies (cap, stuff for the car, a gadget so you can recharge your electronic things,etc) and this yr I won a big model Viper, toy... as soon as I saw them take it out, I said to myself, I want that for our 3 yr old Grand Nephew who loves cars - and sure enough, they called one of my ticket #'s -- i was thrilled -- then they called another # from narce's tickets and he got a utility knife - he has tons of those but he was thrilled and said he can use it too - always a fun event - all the folks who go are Joe's customers - he works on Vettes mostly... we laff cuz he charges a lot but is worth it, so it's nice that he has this special day for his customers... fun, people meeting people - talking about their cars, etc... carol

Yes I did - last yr as soon as the owners of the shop gave me my raffle tickets, I won a bag full of car goodies (cap, stuff for the car, a gadget so you can recharge your electronic things,etc) and this yr I won a big model Viper, toy... as soon as I saw them take it out, I said to myself, I want that for our 3 yr old Grand Nephew who loves cars - and sure enough, they called one of my ticket #'s -- i was thrilled -- then they called another # from narce's tickets and he got a utility knife - he has tons of those but he was thrilled and said he can use it too - always a fun event - all the folks who go are Joe's customers - he works on Vettes mostly... we laff cuz he charges a lot but is worth it, so it's nice that he has this special day for his customers... fun, people meeting people - talking about their cars, etc... carol

Carol, it is always fun to win! However, that is not always a given unfortunately. Your grand nephew is lucky to have you two in his life actually all of your nieces and nephews and grands; can we get adopted?

carol

No red 57 chevys? :rolleyes:

Carol, it is always fun to win! However, that is not always a given unfortunately. Your grand nephew is lucky to have you two in his life actually all of your nieces and nephews and grands; can we get adopted?

You guys are young enough that you can be our adopted "kids" -- then you can support us!! ha!ha! carol

I don't think so or I would I have noticed cuz my dad had a '55 Chevy and my friend's dad had a '57... there was an Impala that was bright orange - hubby's friend's car - he also has 2 vettes but he brought his Impala to the show.

I was telling another lady there that my Godfather gave me his '54 Mercury Montclair in 1967--- and I hated it - OLD I said, I was embarassed to drive it - so he let me drive his '68 Cougar for two yrs til I was able to get my own '70 Cougar - well once I saw a '54 Montclair at the big car show in Pleasanton and boy! was it a beauty!!! I even thought my Dad's '55 was old during the late 60's and 70's -- and I didn't want to drive it - I guess I am not very smart -

I wish I still had my '70 Cougar - we also had a '78... and not smart enough to keep them altho' they were kept up and in good condition. carol

Carl, I used to drive my dad's pristine '57 Ford Fairlane...that was his baby! You should see the collection of cars that the President of my company has...he has won so many awards! I should see if I can get a photo posted. I keep seeing lots of FIAT's they are so cute!

...cannot wait to hockey season!

Hi Janice, well today felt a 4.1 shaker, it was right before the afternoon break.:eek: I really don't like them.

Virginia, well just think these smaller quakes might be eliminating the possibility of a big one! Are you working Friday?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We have a red 57 chevy hot rod. I would post a picture, but I don't know how.

That sounds so cool - if your pic is in your Doc, you can post - forgot how but that's the first step (at least for me) ...

carol

That sounds so cool - if your pic is in your Doc, you can post - forgot how but that's the first step (at least for me) ...

carol

Carol, what happened with your photos? I lost my fancy signature a little while ago...it turned into a great big "x"...