NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Hey Carol & Janice, thanks for the invite even though I'm no longer a Californian. :) I have some exciting cruise news!

Tom & I put our names on the waiting list for the Royal Princess next year. I feel fairly confident we will get a cabin cuz it isn't until Oct 2013. It combines the Med & TA. 18 glorious days!!! :D:p The Royal Princess launches next June and this will be the maiden voyage crossing the Atlantic. Keep your fingers crossed for us. We REALLY REALLY REALLY want this one. It will be our first trip "across the pond." Have you ever been? :confused:

PS... you can see, I already added the little ship at the bottom. I'm thinking positive!!!

Annette and Tom, wow a waiting list for a cruise? Here's to you being two of the lucky ones. I do believe in the power of positive thoughts! Will Yvonne be joining you? My husband and I have never done a Mediterranean or a TA yet. I so want to to an Eastern Medierranean one day; on my bucket list.

Hope you have fun plans for the weekend!

Annette and Tom, wow a waiting list for a cruise? Here's to you being two of the lucky ones. I do believe in the power of positive thoughts! Will Yvonne be joining you? My husband and I have never done a Mediterranean or a TA yet. I so want to to an Eastern Medierranean one day; on my bucket list.

Hope you have fun plans for the weekend!

I wish I could join them Janice only for now this is on my bucket list also. We are both still working full time.

I wish I could join them Janice only for now this is on my bucket list also. We are both still working full time.

Yes Bonnie, wish you were joining us too. But you know we're a lot closer to kicking that infamous bucket than you are. :eek::eek:

Soooooo, we gotta do it now! We're running out of time. :rolleyes::p

Janice, how cute is this! Are you a cat lover too? We adopted a stray 3 yrs ago and now she runs the house! :p

She's a sweet little creature and we're thrilled to have her. How many do you have?

Annette, yes my DH and I love cats and in fact our names "barnismom" and "barnisdad" is in honor of our dear Barni who lived to be 21 1/2 years old. We currently have two cats a brown tabby, Oliver, and a black feral cat, Stanley, who came from my work.

We cannot imagine life without our babies. I noticed that you had a cat on your avatar; what's her name? FYI, she probably needs another friend and there are many who need to be adopted...

Isn't it nice to know that we belong to them? I have several plaques here at home and frig magnets and one says "Cats are like potato chips...you can't just have one."

Annette, yes my DH and I love cats and in fact our names "barnismom" and "barnisdad" is in honor of our dear Barni who lived to be 21 1/2 years old. We currently have two cats a brown tabby, Oliver, and a black feral cat, Stanley, who came from my work.

We cannot imagine life without our babies. I noticed that you had a cat on your avatar; what's her name? FYI, she probably needs another friend and there are many who need to be adopted...

Isn't it nice to know that we belong to them? I have several plaques here at home and frig magnets and one says "Cats are like potato chips...you can't just have one."

Have I ever mentioned that we have 5 cats?:rolleyes:

2 gray males that Karen's had before we even met. An orange maine coon, a chubby little ferrell we rescued from my ex, and a little white and black girl we inherited when our son and his girlfriend parted ways.

and of course our little jetti girl (78 lbs. black lab). and..............3 kingsnakes:D

Have I ever mentioned that we have 5 cats?:rolleyes:

2 gray males that Karen's had before we even met. An orange maine coon, a chubby little ferrell we rescued from my ex, and a little white and black girl we inherited when our son and his girlfriend parted ways.

and of course our little jetti girl (78 lbs. black lab). and..............3 kingsnakes:D

Carl, I knew of dear Jetti, and one snake but not three total. I would be petrified to be in your house with those snakes...my biggest fear! Karen must be a saint!

Wow an orange Maine Coon and I am sure that the other babies are precious. How can you get away for a vacation with the full house?

We cannot imagine life without our babies. I noticed that you had a cat on your avatar; what's her name? FYI, she probably needs another friend and there are many who need to be adopted... Isn't it nice to know that we belong to them? I have several plaques here at home and frig magnets and one says "Cats are like potato chips...you can't just have one."

Janice, that is tooo funny. I know exactly what you mean... we belong to her! Her name? Well, we're not good at picking names for our pets. We had a bird and her name was Birdie. So guess what our cats name is.... yup, KittyBelle. (We added the Belle part of keep it interesting!):D LOL Tom & I think, yikes, the way we fuss & worry about this cat, can't imagine what we'd be like as parents to human child! :eek: Oy vay!!! She's definitely our baby & she knows it. She's as attached to us and we are to her. Follows us around like a dog. Which endears her even more. She's orange & white with long fur but we don't know her breed.

We've talked about getting a second cat but it would have to be a kitten cuz I don't think she'd accept another adult cat in the house. But its so perfect right now, why take a chance on messing things up. Every time I hear about all the kittens in shelters I feel bad. :(We COULD give another kitty a wonderful home and that would give Kittybelle a companion while we're away. Oh my, now you've got me to thinking.... :confused: :rolleyes:

Have I ever mentioned that we have 5 cats?:rolleyes: 2 gray males that Karen's had before we even met. An orange maine coon, a chubby little ferrell we rescued from my ex, and a little white and black girl we inherited when our son and his girlfriend parted ways.

Pets fill the house with love & life! Dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, even mice and whatever else... but snakes? Think that's where I have to draw the line. Just don't have the same warm & fuzzy feelings about snakes. If I can't cuddle with them, forget about it! :p LOL

Janice, that is tooo funny. I know exactly what you mean... we belong to her! Her name? Well, we're not good at picking names for our pets. We had a bird and her name was Birdie. So guess what our cats name is.... yup, KittyBelle. (We added the Belle part of keep it interesting!):D LOL Tom & I think, yikes, the way we fuss & worry about this cat, can't imagine what we'd be like as parents to human child! :eek: Oy vay!!! She's definitely our baby & she knows it. She's as attached to us and we are to her. Follows us around like a dog. Which endears her even more. She's orange & white with long fur but we don't know her breed.

We've talked about getting a second cat but it would have to be a kitten cuz I don't think she'd accept another adult cat in the house. But its so perfect right now, why take a chance on messing things up. Every time I hear about all the kittens in shelters I feel bad. :(We COULD give another kitty a wonderful home and that would give Kittybelle a companion while we're away. Oh my, now you've got me to thinking.... :confused: :rolleyes:

Annette, many are challenged in naming their furry kids and then others are so creative! After Barni (Orange tabby) passed away we didn't get a second cat for a little while but then Stanley entered our lives and it has never been the same!

It didn't take long for Stan and Ollie (AKA Oliver) to bond and they are best buddies. I think Stanley was 6 months or so when he came to us. Isn't the unconditional love special?

Ollie is now 11 but when he was younger we played a lot of fetch! In many ways he was like a dog too. So does KittyBelle hate it when you go away on vacation? We could tell you stories of what Ollie has done in the past!

Enjoy your week! Oh I see that your first cruise was also Azure Seas...

Carl, I knew of dear Jetti, and one snake but not three total. I would be petrified to be in your house with those snakes...my biggest fear! Karen must be a saint!

Wow an orange Maine Coon and I am sure that the other babies are precious. How can you get away for a vacation with the full house?

Karen doesn't mind the snakes, she just doesn't like watching me feed them:eek:

Our daughter has a pet sitting business. And my FIL lives right across the street. Works out great;)

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Pets fill the house with love & life! Dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, even mice and whatever else... but snakes? Think that's where I have to draw the line. Just don't have the same warm & fuzzy feelings about snakes. If I can't cuddle with them, forget about it! :p LOL

We do love all our furry critters.

The snakes are more interesting to observe and take out once in a while. Kinda like having fish in an aquarium.

Karen doesn't mind the snakes, she just doesn't like watching me feed them:eek:

Our daughter has a pet sitting business. And my FIL lives right across the street. Works out great;)

Carl, well your daughter doesn't mind your snakes? I assume that they eat mice...we had a pet red tailed hawk for awhile and it had to eat "live" too besides the beef hearts.

A good friend has her own business which includes pet sitting and it keeps her really busy!

Carl, well your daughter doesn't mind your snakes? I assume that they eat mice...we had a pet red tailed hawk for awhile and it had to eat "live" too besides the beef hearts.

A good friend has her own business which includes pet sitting and it keeps her really busy!

Actually my daughter is who got me interested in reptiles. :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Actually my daughter is who got me interested in reptiles. :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Carl, all I can say is that your daughter is unique...don't know too many women who can say that they want to be in the same vicinity as a reptile...good for her!

It didn't take long for Stan and Ollie (AKA Oliver) to bond and they are best buddies. I think Stanley was 6 months or so when he came to us. Isn't the unconditional love special?

Ollie is now 11 but when he was younger we played a lot of fetch! In many ways he was like a dog too. So does KittyBelle hate it when you go away on vacation? We could tell you stories of what Ollie has done in the past!

Enjoy your week! Oh I see that your first cruise was also Azure Seas...

Janice, I love those names, Stan & Ollie! From Laurel & Hardy I take it. Clever! Yes, the unconditional love feels sooo good. :p Kittybelle doesn't know how to fetch but loves to play "chase me." She starts tearing around the house & thats our que that she wants to play. And she loves to chase the laser! Its the funniest thing. Not sure if she understands suitcases & knows when we're going away. I'm sure she gets very lonely while we're gone. She's so used to having us around ALL THE TIME. We are going to SJ next week and we're dreading leaving her. :(

Woohoo, just cked with Princess. We moved up 5 places on the waiting list for the Med & TA cruise next Oct. Hard to believe its sold out already!!! But since its a brand new ship, I think lots of people we waiting for it. We are now #297. Just added mini suites to our list. We are now wait listed for any balcony, inside cabin or mini suite. Still focusing on the positive, still reading the posts in CC for this cruise & keeping the dream alive. :D:p

Any plans for the 4th of July?

Janice, I love those names, Stan & Ollie! From Laurel & Hardy I take it. Clever! Yes, the unconditional love feels sooo good. :p Kittybelle doesn't know how to fetch but loves to play "chase me." She starts tearing around the house & thats our que that she wants to play. And she loves to chase the laser! Its the funniest thing. Not sure if she understands suitcases & knows when we're going away. I'm sure she gets very lonely while we're gone. She's so used to having us around ALL THE TIME. We are going to SJ next week and we're dreading leaving her. :(

Woohoo, just cked with Princess. We moved up 5 places on the waiting list for the Med & TA cruise next Oct. Hard to believe its sold out already!!! But since its a brand new ship, I think lots of people we waiting for it. We are now #297. Just added mini suites to our list. We are now wait listed for any balcony, inside cabin or mini suite. Still focusing on the positive, still reading the posts in CC for this cruise & keeping the dream alive. :D:p

Any plans for the 4th of July?

Annette, we are doing our usual 4th of July outing with friends at Shoreline Ampitheatre with the SF Symphony; the fireworks are magnificient! So you are coming to visit DS Yvonne? We also live in SJ and would love to meet her someday but so far we are unsuccessful. It would be nice to meet you too! How long are you going to be in CA?

So who will be babysitting Kittybelle? We have a dear friend who has her own business and one of the biggest components is the pet-sitting! One time Stan ran out the front door a few doors down into a neighbors tree; we live in a condo-complex. Dear Helen went above and beyond by getting our ladder out of the garage and climbing the tree too: I don't know what I would have done in her situation. DH named Stan since we already had dear Oliver AKA Ollie...so yes the infamous Stan and Ollie!

Congratulations on moving up on the cruise wait list...you will find that many will cancel so I have no doubt that you will get onboard! I told you that I would keep positive thoughts!

Have a safe trip out here; are you driving or flying?

Annette, So you are coming to visit DS Yvonne? We also live in SJ and would love to meet her someday but so far we are unsuccessful. It would be nice to meet you too! How long are you going to be in CA? So who will be babysitting Kittybelle?

Janice, so guess what? We decided NOT to go to SJ after all. We were going to drive. Its 800 miles & 12 hrs. We always do it in one day which makes for a very long day. My whole family lives in SJ and I visit every 3-4 mos. Since I need to be there next month, we decided to skip this trip. Tom was thrilled. SJ isn't as much fun for him as it is for me. I end up running around with my sisters & he's at my mom's watching TV... and that gets real boring, real fast! :mad: Plus we hate to leave Kittybelle all alone. Both of us worry about her. She has a cat door and comes & goes at will. But we live in a fairly rural area and we always worry a coyote or some other prey animal will get her. When we're home & she's outside, we're always aware. After a few minutes we call her & she always comes. We just don't want her wandering too far from home. But when we're not here, who knows??? :eek: So anyway, next month I will fly. Maybe the 3 of us can get together? We'll have to stay in touch. Where part of the city do you live in?

Thanks for the positive thoughts about our cruise. :D I feel fairly confident we'll be on board... just sometimes a little doubt creeps in but I immediately make it go away! :rolleyes:

Your 4th of July plans sound AWESOME! One of these years we'll have to do that. Fireworks synchronized to music! How thrilling. Bet you get goose bumps all over. :p Have a blast!

Janice, so guess what? We decided NOT to go to SJ after all. We were going to drive. Its 800 miles & 12 hrs. We always do it in one day which makes for a very long day. My whole family lives in SJ and I visit every 3-4 mos. Since I need to be there next month, we decided to skip this trip. Tom was thrilled. SJ isn't as much fun for him as it is for me. I end up running around with my sisters & he's at my mom's watching TV... and that gets real boring, real fast! :mad: Plus we hate to leave Kittybelle all alone. Both of us worry about her. She has a cat door and comes & goes at will. But we live in a fairly rural area and we always worry a coyote or some other prey animal will get her. When we're home & she's outside, we're always aware. After a few minutes we call her & she always comes. We just don't want her wandering too far from home. But when we're not here, who knows??? :eek: So anyway, next month I will fly. Maybe the 3 of us can get together? We'll have to stay in touch. Where part of the city do you live in?

Thanks for the positive thoughts about our cruise. :D I feel fairly confident we'll be on board... just sometimes a little doubt creeps in but I immediately make it go away! :rolleyes:

Your 4th of July plans sound AWESOME! One of these years we'll have to do that. Fireworks synchronized to music! How thrilling. Bet you get goose bumps all over. :p Have a blast!

Annette, it's probably safer not to drive around the holiday since it falls on a Wednesday...unfortunately I have to work the day after with only one day off.

Yvonne has mentioned that she grew up in San Jose I think in the Rose Garden area, right? We live in Cambrian Park but the realtors like to stretch out boundaries and say Willow Glen. It would be wonderful if you could spare time away from your family visit; perhaps Tom could hang out with my DH, Patrick.

Kittybelle is lucky to live in a rural area but I know it can be scary with coyotes and other predators running around. We live right off of Bascom and it is scary when Stan hops the fence; luckily there is a green area.

Enjoy your week and stay cool!

Carol, DH, Auntie Fae & Uncle Chuck are heading out next Friday to see Patrick Liam...

I am sure Fae and Patrick will be posting some pics on FB and hopefully, here too - are the kids still in FL ?

carol

I am sure Fae and Patrick will be posting some pics on FB and hopefully, here too - are the kids still in FL ?

carol

Kevin, wife, stepson & son are at Ft. Benning, GA and Tyler (oldest) is in Florida, he just moved back.

Actually it will probably be Chuck who will post photos!