NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

I was thinking the oldest was the one married and the youngest was still very young - hmmmmmmm, guess not -

Happy 4th to Everyone........... carol

Carol, the one who became the dad is 20 his wife 19 and she came with a three year old (soon to be 4); he became an instant stepdad. Tyler (22)fortunately says he doesn't want to get married for AWHILE. Kevin on the other hand always wanted to be older...there was always a competition with his brother. However, for this part of his life he is FIRST.

Carl, we went to the SJ Giants game last night and passed Sharks Ice...hockey season is not that far away now!

Enjoy the short work-week! FYI, have you head about the Moveable Feast?

Yeah, we miss the Sharks.

I have heard of it. We also have "off the grid" in our area too. We love the food truck revolution.

Yeah, we miss the Sharks.

I have heard of it. We also have "off the grid" in our area too. We love the food truck revolution.

Carl, have you been following the news about the acquistions, trades...what do you think?

So have you tried any of the food truck events?

Carl: I am not really into the roll call for the Allure Dec 2 or the 9th - just trivia games and silly stuff ... oh well - that's ok - we know who we are - can't wait to meet up with you and your lovely lady -

carol

Carl, have you been following the news about the acquistions, trades...what do you think?

So have you tried any of the food truck events?

well, first of all, I was glad to see that Wilson did not (for once) trade all their draft picks this year. Adam Burish should be a good addition to the team. He's a hard working emotional player, which they could really use. Ex-Shark Brad Stuart is a very good defenseman. We lost him in the Thorton trade. Glad to have him back.

We have tried some of the food truck events. They're lots of fun and really good food. At some though there can be pretty long lines. But it's worth it.

Carl: I am not really into the roll call for the Allure Dec 2 or the 9th - just trivia games and silly stuff ... oh well - that's ok - we know who we are - can't wait to meet up with you and your lovely lady -

carol

Yeah, they're a very active group. The last roll call we participated in had maybe 2 or three posts per week. This one has like 20 per day. We are looking forward to meeting you and Narce too.

well, first of all, I was glad to see that Wilson did not (for once) trade all their draft picks this year. Adam Burish should be a good addition to the team. He's a hard working emotional player, which they could really use. Ex-Shark Brad Stuart is a very good defenseman. We lost him in the Thorton trade. Glad to have him back.

We have tried some of the food truck events. They're lots of fun and really good food. At some though there can be pretty long lines. But it's worth it.

Carl, what do you think about the WILDS aquisitions...think they are making a run for the cup for 2013! DH mentioned that about Brad Stuart...I wonder what the shockers will be for this year...

Yeah, they're a very active group. The last roll call we participated in had maybe 2 or three posts per week. This one has like 20 per day. We are looking forward to meeting you and Narce too.

Both roll calls are similar - trivia games, history questions/answers game - lots of activities planned - mostly Critter stuff - which is fine- nothing wrong with them - mostly same folks going on the B2B's -

We will have fun - we usually do - can't wait!! carol

Carl, so what do you think of all the news about the Sharks coaching staff and the 5-year contract for "Pickles?"...

I'm excited. Robinson is a legend, he won't let anyone on this team be a passenger.

Good move to extend pickles contract. He would have been a UFA after next season.

Now, let's see if Wilson can get Shane Doan!

I'm excited. Robinson is a legend, he won't let anyone on this team be a passenger.

Good move to extend pickles contract. He would have been a UFA after next season.

Now, let's see if Wilson can get Shane Doan!

...my DH has mentioned Shane's name; wasn't he on the radar earlier this year too? I cannot wait for hockey season to resume!

• 2 weeks later...
How's everybody doing? Been really quiet here lately. Guess we're all out doing summer stuff.

Carl, everytime I see a new FIAT I think about you and wondering how you are doing! Are you still working in Berkeley? The FIATS must be making money for your company!

Have you gone to any new restaurants lately?

Carl, everytime I see a new FIAT I think about you and wondering how you are doing! Are you still working in Berkeley? The FIATS must be making money for your company!

Have you gone to any new restaurants lately?

The Fiats are doing very well. Still selling lots of them. Have you seen the latest commercial? They show Italy and the cars are driving into the water. It's really a clever add.

The only "new" restaurant I've been to is Five Guys. I have to say they are pretty great burgers and fries. We've been cooking at home alot lately. I'm trying to lose some weight too. My doctor wasn't very happy with me last check up.:mad:

I get up early and walk Jetti before work, and walk at lunch time too.

Really looking forward to the cruise in Dec.

Starting to plan next year already. Looks like a land vacation to Hawaii. We really love Hawaii.

What have you guys been up to?

Well I am still up - keep checking FB and here - a 5 Guys just opened near us and we went there last week - it was too greasy - the one in Pleasant HIll is better and of course the ones in NJ are much much better = we were discussing on another thread 5Guys vs In&Out, etc etc... and no one seems to like 5 Guys that much - I think some of the places are great and some are not - my favorite is Fuddruckers.

I am still trying to get into the Allure Roll Call - not doing too good cuz the two confuse me - don't like trivia at all - oh, that's the Dec 9 one and you are not on that cruise.

I think the Fiats are sooooo cute! that and the Smart Car are the cutest cars.

always need to loose weight to be healthier - we are trying to have red meat only once every two weeks - so we have chicken, fish, veggies - I sub all ground beef stuff with ground turkey.

It's too hot to walk - but I have no excuse not to use my stat bike or pull thing machine (roller but it's the bike style and not the one you sit on the floor on) ... or I won't be able to get up! ha!ha!

Have a good Tues everyone! this week will go by fast as all the days have been flying by this year - then it's house hunting time on Sat and Sun...

Carol

The Fiats are doing very well. Still selling lots of them. Have you seen the latest commercial? They show Italy and the cars are driving into the water. It's really a clever add.

The only "new" restaurant I've been to is Five Guys. I have to say they are pretty great burgers and fries. We've been cooking at home alot lately. I'm trying to lose some weight too. My doctor wasn't very happy with me last check up.:mad:

I get up early and walk Jetti before work, and walk at lunch time too.

Really looking forward to the cruise in Dec.

Starting to plan next year already. Looks like a land vacation to Hawaii. We really love Hawaii.

What have you guys been up to?

Carl, I always think of the acronymns when I think of FIAT...think you know what they are! Fiats look like fun to drive; I have not seen the latest commercial. I am guilty of fast forwarding when a show is on the DVR.

We like 5 Guys but I don't seem to think their fries are that wonderful. I still love McDonald's fries. Do you have a restaurant called "The Counter"? Their burgers are pretty good!

I am hoping to go to a Black Bear Diner for breakfast this weekend. Have you ever been? It recently made a top 10 list. I should lose 10 lbs but I do try to walk every day at work during my 15 minute afternoon break.

We will be in Maui in November for 6 days so looking forward to that...perhaps a trip to San Diego sometime soon.

Happy Wednesday (almost)!

Well I am still up - keep checking FB and here - a 5 Guys just opened near us and we went there last week - it was too greasy - the one in Pleasant HIll is better and of course the ones in NJ are much much better = we were discussing on another thread 5Guys vs In&Out, etc etc... and no one seems to like 5 Guys that much - I think some of the places are great and some are not - my favorite is Fuddruckers.

I am still trying to get into the Allure Roll Call - not doing too good cuz the two confuse me - don't like trivia at all - oh, that's the Dec 9 one and you are not on that cruise.

I think the Fiats are sooooo cute! that and the Smart Car are the cutest cars.

always need to loose weight to be healthier - we are trying to have red meat only once every two weeks - so we have chicken, fish, veggies - I sub all ground beef stuff with ground turkey.

It's too hot to walk - but I have no excuse not to use my stat bike or pull thing machine (roller but it's the bike style and not the one you sit on the floor on) ... or I won't be able to get up! ha!ha!

Have a good Tues everyone! this week will go by fast as all the days have been flying by this year - then it's house hunting time on Sat and Sun...

Carol

Carol, I have never tried ground turkey but have tried ground pork and ground lamb. I know from watching Rachael Ray that ground turkey can be dry. Can you tell the difference when you cook with it?

Carl, I always think of the acronymns when I think of FIAT...think you know what they are! Fiats look like fun to drive; I have not seen the latest commercial. I am guilty of fast forwarding when a show is on the DVR.

We like 5 Guys but I don't seem to think their fries are that wonderful. I still love McDonald's fries. Do you have a restaurant called "The Counter"? Their burgers are pretty good!

I am hoping to go to a Black Bear Diner for breakfast this weekend. Have you ever been? It recently made a top 10 list. I should lose 10 lbs but I do try to walk every day at work during my 15 minute afternoon break.

We will be in Maui in November for 6 days so looking forward to that...perhaps a trip to San Diego sometime soon.

Happy Wednesday (almost)!

One of the guys at my work goes to the Black Bear Diner quite often. He always says they have really good breakfast.

I would love to go to Maui. Only been there on a cruise.

One of the guys at my work goes to the Black Bear Diner quite often. He always says they have really good breakfast.

I would love to go to Maui. Only been there on a cruise.

Carl, great to hear that the Black Bear Diner has good breakfasts! I find that breakfast with my DH is a special outing...unfortunately this BBD is in Milpitas and not very scenic.

This will only be my 2nd trip to Maui and DH's first; mostly been on Oahu or the Big Island. As much as we love cruising the downside is never having enough time in a port! However, it is a good way to decide where to spend the next land vacation...we did that with Puerto Vallarta when we went back and had the time of our lives.

Janice: BBD is ok - i've had their burgers - i like the big bear theme -

ground turkey is ok - it's good - I use it in my chili now and spagh sauce - where I used to use ground beef, it's now ground turkey and I don't think it's all that dry but yes, compared to beef, it is - I just don't mind it - I used enough spices to give it a good flavor - the only think I cannot sub ground turkey for is my lumpias that I used ground beef for - MUST be ground beef... I also use ground turkey for meat loaf - now bad -

carol

Janice: BBD is ok - i've had their burgers - i like the big bear theme -

ground turkey is ok - it's good - I use it in my chili now and spagh sauce - where I used to use ground beef, it's now ground turkey and I don't think it's all that dry but yes, compared to beef, it is - I just don't mind it - I used enough spices to give it a good flavor - the only think I cannot sub ground turkey for is my lumpias that I used ground beef for - MUST be ground beef... I also use ground turkey for meat loaf - now bad -

carol

Carol, I wonder how it would taste if I gradually substituted ground beef with ground turkey? Would that be a bad combo?