NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Not doing anything today - cleaning house a little - will go to Church and that's it - went to visit my mom yesterday in UnionCity - enjoyed some cooler temps there -

carol

Carol, how is your mom doing? We visited my mom today and had dinner with friends and watched the Stanford/USC game! That was a major upset!

Say hello to dear Narce for us!

So Carl, it looks like another strike...bummer! Hope you and Karen have fun weekend plans!

No Sharks for a while.:mad:

We've had a busy weekend so far. A's game Friday night, the musical "Cats" last night. Just hangin around the house today doing chores.

What's everyone else up to?

Fri we were in Union City visiting my Mom - Sat/Sun we stayed home except for going to church and stopping by Safeway - I got some housecleaning done - this week will be busy -- I have a girlfriend coming over tomorrow for the whole day - Wed is errands/haircut day - Thur is going out to dinner for our nephew's birthday day - Fri is being with friend in Martinez day - Sat is lunch / birthday party for a classmage day - Sun we will go see my Mom again in Union City and will bring my aunt and my cousin with us - gee, I better paste this somewhere so I won't forget my schedule!

Janice, My mom is not doing too well these days - she is in her hospital bed and hardly gets up but once in a while they bring her to the dining room but she starts to faint and has seizures - reason for bringing her to ER 3 times within' 2 weeks - she is still in the home care facility - her appetite is good but she is not as mobile as she was - sad. I hope you Mom is doing well...

Carol

Fri we were in Union City visiting my Mom - Sat/Sun we stayed home except for going to church and stopping by Safeway - I got some housecleaning done - this week will be busy -- I have a girlfriend coming over tomorrow for the whole day - Wed is errands/haircut day - Thur is going out to dinner for our nephew's birthday day - Fri is being with friend in Martinez day - Sat is lunch / birthday party for a classmage day - Sun we will go see my Mom again in Union City and will bring my aunt and my cousin with us - gee, I better paste this somewhere so I won't forget my schedule!

Janice, My mom is not doing too well these days - she is in her hospital bed and hardly gets up but once in a while they bring her to the dining room but she starts to faint and has seizures - reason for bringing her to ER 3 times within' 2 weeks - she is still in the home care facility - her appetite is good but she is not as mobile as she was - sad. I hope you Mom is doing well...

Carol

Carol, they haven't figured out what is causing her fainting and seizures? Have you tried looking it up on the internet? If it was just fainting I would say low blood pressure or low sugar; could she be becoming diabetic? Hang in there and keep me posted. Carol, at least she has a good appetite!

My mom is doing well; crossing fingers. We just went to see her Saturday afternoon.

No Sharks for a while.:mad:

We've had a busy weekend so far. A's game Friday night, the musical "Cats" last night. Just hangin around the house today doing chores.

What's everyone else up to?

Carl, I guess like you DH and I should consider seeing some of the SF Bulls games! When does their season start? It should be soon, right?

...we seem to be concentrating on Stanford football games this year. Have a good week!

Carl, I guess like you DH and I should consider seeing some of the SF Bulls games! When does their season start? It should be soon, right?

...we seem to be concentrating on Stanford football games this year. Have a good week!

Changing to orange for the Bull's for now. :rolleyes:

Their first home game is like Oct. 12th.

We've always been A's fans, but we've been paying lots of attention this year. A little more into football, in anticipation of the lockout. We've always followed Cal football too. Too bad they have such a lousy team.

By the way, this color is more orange, I guess.

Thornton, and Couture are headed to Switzerland to play.

Carol, they haven't figured out what is causing her fainting and seizures? Have you tried looking it up on the internet? If it was just fainting I would say low blood pressure or low sugar; could she be becoming diabetic? Hang in there and keep me posted. Carol, at least she has a good appetite!

My mom is doing well; crossing fingers. We just went to see her Saturday afternoon.

i have talked to two of her doctors - she is just shutting down - her age plus her dementia - yes, she had low blood sugar and also she had a bladder infection - but now she is declining and in bed 90% of the day - the hospice nurse visits twice a week and the CNA goes 3 times/week -- I am glad your Mom is doing well.. she's in my thoughts always -- carol

Changing to orange for the Bull's for now. :rolleyes:

Their first home game is like Oct. 12th.

We've always been A's fans, but we've been paying lots of attention this year. A little more into football, in anticipation of the lockout. We've always followed Cal football too. Too bad they have such a lousy team.

By the way, this color is more orange, I guess.

Thornton, and Couture are headed to Switzerland to play.

Carl, I guess I am not up on the latest news...so I guess this probably means no SHARKS at all for the year? Or how does this work if Joe and Logan are gone? Do we get a farm team player in place if the lockout ends?

...amazing how well our local teams are doing this year!

Carl, I guess I am not up on the latest news...so I guess this probably means no SHARKS at all for the year? Or how does this work if Joe and Logan are gone? Do we get a farm team player in place if the lockout ends?

...amazing how well our local teams are doing this year!

If the lockout were to end, say, oct. 15. They would just play a shortened season. As long as they can get around 40 games in, they'll play.

As far as players going overseas, they would just return to the NHL when the lockout ends. Although some (i.e. Ovechkin) say they might stay in Russia for good.

No, we won't have a "farm team" of replacements. If it were a strike and not a lockout, the owners might have tried to pull that one off.

We could end up with NHLer's in the monors though. But only if they have a 2 way contract that allows that. They are different unions.

i have talked to two of her doctors - she is just shutting down - her age plus her dementia - yes, she had low blood sugar and also she had a bladder infection - but now she is declining and in bed 90% of the day - the hospice nurse visits twice a week and the CNA goes 3 times/week -- I am glad your Mom is doing well.. she's in my thoughts always -- carol

Carol, your mom is lucky to have you and Narce. I hope that you know that she and all of you are also always in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there dear friend!

If the lockout were to end, say, oct. 15. They would just play a shortened season. As long as they can get around 40 games in, they'll play.

As far as players going overseas, they would just return to the NHL when the lockout ends. Although some (i.e. Ovechkin) say they might stay in Russia for good.

No, we won't have a "farm team" of replacements. If it were a strike and not a lockout, the owners might have tried to pull that one off.

We could end up with NHLer's in the monors though. But only if they have a 2 way contract that allows that. They are different unions.

Carl a co-worker and I were discussing the strike and how this is also hurting the small guys from the concession guys to the nearby restaurants, hotels etc. In our world everything is symbiotic and we all impact each other in one way or the other.

I was so looking forward to this season!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE!!!

LOVE YOU LOTS - jANICE AND pATRICK... ENJOY YOUR DAY AND ANOTHER YEAR OF BLISS AND PERFECT HARMONHY!!

cAROL & nARCE!!

Carol and Narce, you are always so thoughtful and remember special days!

Love you both and you are an inspiration to us!

Carol, it is always hotter in your part of the world! Remember we always have Indian Summer!

That's true but I thought it's usually end of Sept and not Oct 1 and 2... etc etc...

AC is still on.......

carol

That's true but I thought it's usually end of Sept and not Oct 1 and 2... etc etc...

AC is still on.......

carol

Dear Carol, I heard that today is the hottest day of the year so far. It is suppose to get cooler tomorrow...figures since we will be outdoors at the Stanford game.

What's for dinner?

Finally shut the AC off last night - can't wait to see my bill but it's worth it - all summer long it was going full blast....

I am thinking of fall foods, pumpkin bread, apple bread, soups -- but too hot to bake and enjoy hot soup! I think Fall is coming now!

carol

It is actually windy outside today! hear it's suppose to rain next week - don't mind that - as long as I am inside ! carol

Carol, well if it does I am glad that I didn't get my car washed today.

FYI, I am mailing someone's BD card on Tuesday since I forgot that tomorrow is a holiday for the postal service. Do you have any fun plans?

Carol, well if it does I am glad that I didn't get my car washed today.

FYI, I am mailing someone's BD card on Tuesday since I forgot that tomorrow is a holiday for the postal service. Do you have any fun plans?

Janice = you are so good about doing that - since I have been thinking about my Mom lately, I have lost track of a lot of occasions and haven't been good in sending out cards - saw my Mom yesterday and she knew us and smiled, she wasn't as talkative but told us to eat in the dining room - I made some apple bread and she ate half of a slice - she wasn't as alert as last visit -

anyway, Narce is trying to get Thurs off for 4 straight days off, thought we could go somewhere - but he's saying he is tired since we have been going somewhere every weekend - then I heard him tell the nephew last night when we had grilled linguisa's here that all he wanted for his birthday was for the nieces/nephews to come over, as they do every yr- no gifts he told them! and then he told me to make filipino noodles (pansit) for the usual 'long life' symbol that the strings of noodles usually represent -so guess I'll be cooking! ha!ha! don't mind - then we can go out Fri night - carol

Janice = you are so good about doing that - since I have been thinking about my Mom lately, I have lost track of a lot of occasions and haven't been good in sending out cards - saw my Mom yesterday and she knew us and smiled, she wasn't as talkative but told us to eat in the dining room - I made some apple bread and she ate half of a slice - she wasn't as alert as last visit -

anyway, Narce is trying to get Thurs off for 4 straight days off, thought we could go somewhere - but he's saying he is tired since we have been going somewhere every weekend - then I heard him tell the nephew last night when we had grilled linguisa's here that all he wanted for his birthday was for the nieces/nephews to come over, as they do every yr- no gifts he told them! and then he told me to make filipino noodles (pansit) for the usual 'long life' symbol that the strings of noodles usually represent -so guess I'll be cooking! ha!ha! don't mind - then we can go out Fri night - carol

Carol, you and Narce are surrounded by so much love and it's well deserved! Anyhow, hope our card arrives on his special day! I believe in celebrating over time and why should it only be one day...

Glad your mom is doing better; I know how stressful it can be!

My Mom was ok but continues to decline - I just want her to be NOT in pain - she watches tv and that's about it - i remember she was playing bingo just last July - sad...

carol

Carol, I know how hard it is to watch; I see it with my mom too...

FYI, it is raining here now! Is is your way? Hope the weather is better Thursday!