Price Drop on a GS

I was wondering if anybody has ever got a price drop on a GS

Thanks

We saw a $200pp price drop on our GS on Explorer last December after final payment. We received an onboard credit. Then I noticed a FS for less than what we were paying for the GS at the reduced price. So we switched and got an additional $100pp OBC for a total of $600.

On the other hand our GS on Oasis for next December has gone up $800 since we booked last year. You never know, but it pays to watch and hope!

Yes, for my Alaska cruise last year the price on GS dropped to below what we'd already booked - for a junior suite. And since the corner aft GS was available, it wasn't a hard decision to jump up to a GS.

We had a $470.00 drop TODAY on a GS for Nov 2010!!!

Hi,

Okay, you received a price drop for a cruise in Nov. Does that mean that they didn't think they could sell-out the GS before that time? I'm trying to understand why they would drop the price of a GS this far out. Help me out here. :0)

Thanks,

Hi,

Okay, you received a price drop for a cruise in Nov. Does that mean that they didn't think they could sell-out the GS before that time? I'm trying to understand why they would drop the price of a GS this far out. Help me out here. :0)

Thanks,

Why would they give a drop so far out? I think it's because suites aren't selling like they have in the past.

In the past when I've checked availability /prices, I've always noticed that the suites go fast, which would mean they'd never see a price drop. Over the last two years, though, the suites aren't going as fast. I think they're having more trouble selling the higher-priced rooms.

We got a price drop on our GS for the FOS. We're traviling in April, booked last July and got a $318 drop each in September. A nice $636 savings paid for our side trips & soft drink cards, still had money left.

Dcoy

Yeah, and they're charging a fee for Johnny Rockets because it's over-crowded.

They're charging double-deposits on suites for two reasons: 1) they need the money and 2) they want to dissuade people from booking a suite, then realizing around the 60-day mark that they can't afford it. When people "hold" expensive rooms for a long period of time and then drop them, it does hurt the company's chances of selling that suite for maximum profit.

Archived