Tux Rental On Norwegian Star

nanak915

Not specifically answering your question (sorry), but just FWIW, it's often better to buy than rent. They can be had with all the fixin's (shirt, tie, etc) for $100 or so (JCP just had a sale on formal wear, undoubably they'll have more sales this spring/summer). Try the major dept stores and / or ebay or buy used from a local rental shop). Rental on a ship is typically $60 to $75. The second time your hubby wears it you'll be ahead of the game. And a single button tux NEVER goes out of style - men's clothing is so much cheaper in that sense.

Just curious. Is there a tux rental on the Norwegian Star if my husband would decide he wants to wear a tux? Also, what is the approximate cost for a tux?

There has not been a tux rental on an NCL ship for years. In fact every year those in a tux onboard become more and more rare. Throw in a jacket and tie and your husband will be one of the best dressed on the optional dress up or not nights.

There has not been a tux rental on an NCL ship for years. In fact every year those in a tux onboard become more and more rare. Throw in a jacket and tie and your husband will be one of the best dressed on the optional dress up or not nights.

If my husband takes a medium gray sport coat to wear with dark pants and a shirt and tie will that be OK for Dress Up or Not night instead of a tux or dark suit? I will be wearing a black cocktail dress. I am trying to save on luggage weight since we are flying from the east coast.

If my husband takes a medium gray sport coat to wear with dark pants and a shirt and tie will that be OK for Dress Up or Not night instead of a tux or dark suit? I will be wearing a black cocktail dress. I am trying to save on luggage weight since we are flying from the east coast.

He will be fine and among the best dressed onboard. :)

Thanks so much for all the quick replies. Even though it's not required my husband and I still like to dress up when we get the chance. We can go out for dinner at our local eateries and wear more casual clothes all the time. We only get to cruise on rare occasions. We want it to be special. It also won't bother us what other people choose to wear. You only go round once in this life so we want to make the most of each day that we have left. We will be celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary on this trip and so we want to make it as special as we can.

If my husband takes a medium gray sport coat to wear with dark pants and a shirt and tie will that be OK for Dress Up or Not night ..

Just about anything will be okay. Depends on what is okay with you. You will see a few tuxes. A handful of suit/tie, a few more sport coats, but mostly just nice shirts and nice slacks.

(and a few that really believe if "freestyle", wearing who knows what)

Thanks so much for all the quick replies. Even though it's not required my husband and I still like to dress up when we get the chance. We can go out for dinner at our local eateries and wear more casual clothes all the time. We only get to cruise on rare occasions. We want it to be special. It also won't bother us what other people choose to wear. You only go round once in this life so we want to make the most of each day that we have left. We will be celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary on this trip and so we want to make it as special as we can.

Congrats on your anniversary. That is very special.

While you will find that NCL has a couple of nights desginated as "Dress Up or Not" during your cruise, please keep in mind that there is absolutely no difference in the dress code on a Dress Up or Not night vs a non-Dress Up or Not night.

The dress code on an NCL ship is Resort Casual...every day of the week.

So if you like to get dressed up, PLEASE feel free to dress up whenever YOU want to. You don't HAVE to wait for a "Dress Up or Not" night.

Archived