ROLL CALL - Opera 2nd April

czechmate

Oh no were 8173 LOL................:)

Your Welcome!!

We are in 8167. We can visit each other to see what's happening on the other side of the ship.

We booked with Sky Auction. Do we what to compare how much we each paid at our GTG????? Maybe not!!!! LOL. Last time we got a lot of freebies in our room from them.

GTG early are a little bite nicer because we aren't in such a rush on the first night on the ship. On our last cruise we didn't plan for it and I said "never again" the party was a blast. Hope you can make it. Marge

If you find out let us know. Ombra Rosso = House vino red.

Welcome to the board are you going to the GTG on April 1?

Marge

Hi All - I believe there are classes available on the Opera to learn conversational Italian which could be interesting - does anyone have any information?

Regards

Joan and Neville

Hey Amber - OK who's in 8171??? Maybe Sky Auction had them put us all in the same area??????

Booking train tickets tonight at midnight.

today i was able to get into the site satuday 10 am east coast time/still not able toget $$$, train from venice to hamburg "ICE" 13 1/2 hrs night train. still not able to BOOK

I did get itrenitalia intercity card .

How do you like my GREEN FISH?:confused:

Amber - How do you get the icons in the message? Mine only go up at the top?

TRAIN - what is the advantage of the intercity card??????? Couldn't find it on their website.

TRAIN - you can only buy 60 days out. And as I found out at midnight you can only buy (at the earliest) at the time the train leaves. So today I can buy our April 19 tickets at 10:51. I sure hope they still have the 29 Euro price left.

Why not buy on http://www.bahn.de??

GREEN FISH??? close

Marge

today i was able to get into the site satuday 10 am east coast time/still not able toget $$$, train from venice to hamburg "ICE" 13 1/2 hrs night train. still not able to BOOK

I found it on your profile page. Sorry about that. I don't think they let up add those things any more. I'll try and send my long list of cruises. Marge

PS - No it doesn't show. You have to go to our profile page to see. Check out my whales.

[quote name=glowing amber

How do you like my GREEN FISH?:confused:[/quote]

Hi everyone,

I've just received a message from Rhona & Ken from Brisbane (Australia) who will also be sailing aboard Opera! I think they are lucky enough to be joining the ship in Santiago and then staying on for the transatlantic!

I do hope they join our group of happy cruisers here - I've sent them the link to our thread and also advised them about the GTG at Il Patio on 2nd April.

Do you know the official count now czechmate? Looks like there could be 2 more name badges for your list!

Hi All - I believe there are classes available on the Opera to learn conversational Italian which could be interesting - does anyone have any information?

Regards

Joan and Neville

Hi Joan - I remember these Italian classes being available on MSC 'Melody' in 2002, but I didn't take advantage of them. I'd certainly be interested in explanding my extremely limited Italian - about all I know is a few pleasantries - and how to read a menu/wine list, of course ;)

Perhaps czechmate or someone who has sailed MSC recently knows about these classes? Sounds like it could be fun :D

Ciao ciao

Thanks to RobynP for introducing us to this lively group. We are also disappointed Aurora cruisers, but are now flying to Chile to pick up the "Royal Princess" on March 7 and sailing to Ft L. We then do a 7 day cruise up the intra coastal waterway on the Nantucket Clipper, and fly back to Ft L on April 2 to meet the Opera. We are hoping there are no hitches in this tight schedule. Would love to meet up with you all prior to boarding.

Rhona and Ken

Thanks Robyn for your response on the Italian lessons. Our Italian is about the same level of yours. We look forward to meeting you. Hopefully someone who has recently travelled on the Opera may have news of Italian lessons?

Good to have Rhona and Ken also from Oz onboard. MSC in Sydney tells us that there are at least 120 Australians on the April 2 Opera cruise!!!

Regards,

Joan and Neville

Hi Everyone:

Today I feel like getting European airfare back to Florida is worse than working. But for those of you that haven't booked flights home I discovered Aer Lingus. We are flying out of Milan, but they are all over Europe. They do sell one way tickets with no mark up. We go Milan to Dublin, then Dublin to Orlando (which is only a little over an hour from Tampa) for a little over $400 U.S. money. Did need to book a separate ticket, for each segment.

With that done we went to Amtrak station in Tampa. YEH!!! :p We are now arriving April 1 about 3:30 in Fort Lauderdale, so we will be at the GTG. We will bring an appetizer to the GTG since we are not flying.

Is everyone else getting extremely excited yet?

Vic & Carol

I found it on your profile page. Sorry about that. I don't think they let up add those things any more. I'll try and send my long list of cruises. Marge

PS - No it doesn't show. You have to go to our profile page to see. Check out my whales.

I tryed your page only a few jumping whales in the upper left........but there pretty/rest of page blank.:confused:

Name badges for Rhona and Ken will be taken care of and welcome to the happy band of VERY EXCITED cruisers. See you at Il Patio on the 2nd.

Joan - We did not get to go to the Italian Classes on Lirica in March 2004.

The classes were described as for beginners - and you were asked to bring a pen. They were taken in the Beverley hills bar by one of the young ladies from the entertainment team.

They were not every day - mainly only when at sea - and we certainly have more "at sea" days with our transatlantic so there may be more benefit.

They were held some days at 11 in the morning and some days at 2.30 in the afternoon.

We were told that you learned all the normal evey day useful expressions. We did want to go but the times seem to always clash with other things

Maybe this time we will go.

At the end you get a "DIPLOMA" ! :-)

Hello everyone!

25 happy cruisers - fantastic! :D

Thanks for the info on the Italian lessons. czechmate - I'm going to try to learn as much as I can, although I'm sure there will be occasional clashes with times.

Another question for you czechmate (we seem to have appointed you as our 'ringleader' ;)). After our GTG at Goosbys on 1 April, are we able to have a meal there as well? Is anybody else interested in doing that? Thought as we were already all there in the hotel, there wouldn't be much sense in going elsewhere to eat??

We booked with Sky Auction and are in cabin 7146

Hey Amber - OK who's in 8171??? Maybe Sky Auction had them put us all in the same area??????

Booking train tickets tonight at midnight.

We will also be on the cruise. We just got back from a short Western Caribbean Cruise and can now begin planning for this cruise. This is our 23rd cruise, the third transatlantic, but our first eastbound. It is our first cruise on MSC and we were somewhat apprehensive after reading several reviews. I am less apprehensive however, after finding this thread. We also bought the cruise on Skyauction. We are in cabin 8169. On previous cruises which we bought on sky auction, all the people at our dining table and surrounding tables had also bought there cruise through sky auction. Maybe this will be the same. MSC said the documents would be sent to the travel agents on March 2. We should receive them by March 6.

We are from New Hampshire and are flying to Fort Lauderdale on the day of the cruise. We are flying back to Boston out of Rome on the April 21. We will probably get to Rome by train. This is our first trip to Italy but hope to go back in the fall.

So I guess the two of us bump the total to 27. We are looking forward to meeting everyone will attend meeting when ever and where ever they may be. Paul

Welcome were also from Sky Auction our cabin # 8173 //Our 1st MSC:)

We will also be on the cruise. We just got back from a short Western Caribbean Cruise and can now begin planning for this cruise. This is our 23rd cruise, the third transatlantic, but our first eastbound. It is our first cruise on MSC and we were somewhat apprehensive after reading several reviews. I am less apprehensive however, after finding this thread. We also bought the cruise on Skyauction. We are in cabin 8169. On previous cruises which we bought on sky auction, all the people at our dining table and surrounding tables had also bought there cruise through sky auction. Maybe this will be the same. MSC said the documents would be sent to the travel agents on March 2. We should receive them by March 6.

We are from New Hampshire and are flying to Fort Lauderdale on the day of the cruise. We are flying back to Boston out of Rome on the April 21. We will probably get to Rome by train. This is our first trip to Italy but hope to go back in the fall.

So I guess the two of us bump the total to 27. We are looking forward to meeting everyone will attend meeting when ever and where ever they may be. Paul

Hi Paul and Sue. Your across the hall from us. Thanks for info on the doc's.

We just bought our train tickets from Genoa to Rome. We are taking the 10:52 1st class in coach 3, seat 56 and 55. I suggest you soon book on line it's ticketless. The site now let's you indicate if you want to be near friends. Your welcome to be near us for we took the seats that are by themselves not the set of 6. Marge

We are in cabin 8169.

We should receive them by March 6.

We will probably get to Rome by train. Paul

Archived