ROLL CALL - Opera 2nd April

czechmate

Interesting link Marge. Thanks for that.

Paul and Sue. Welcome. Your name badges will be prepared and waiting.

Il Patio, Ponte Tosca, 2nd April at 17.00 but come earlier :-).

First one there better get a BIG table and chairs for 27 or will we need more! :-).

Robyn. Hi. For the 1st April. Marge has suggested that she finds a restaurant. We know there are pleasant dining facilities at hotel (Prices not OTT ) and have no feelings one way or the other where we dine. Main thing is that we all enjoy a great GTG!

Mary and Boro - take it you will also join us at Goosbys on 1st April. That is good news.

Reading the board it seems unfortunately that on one recent cruise - people for one reason or another did not turn up to the arranged GTG. Please lets not lhave that happen with us. There seems to be the makings of a great group of people and the promise of memorable experiences

Marge

Hi neighbor. Thanks for the info. What web site did you use to purchase tickets and what day are you traveling? Our plane reservations from Rome to Boston are around noon on the 21st, so we plan to go to Rome the day before. We thought we would spend the 19th in Genoa. Haven't made any detailed plans for lodging yet.

czechmate

Thanks for the welcome and the name tags. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Looks like we will have a great group. Is our onboard GTG a one time or a daily event? Anyone play bridge?

http://www.trenitalia.com/

You have to register to buy and it's a whole lot easier than standing in a long line at the station. How's your Italian? Why not go to Rome on 19th? We are staying at Hotel Paba http://www.hotelpaba.com.

GTG on board is for our pre sailing but who knows we can decide if we want to meet on our sea days.

Marge

Marge

Hi neighbor. Thanks for the info. What web site did you use to purchase tickets and what day are you traveling? Is our onboard GTG a one time or a daily event? Anyone play bridge?

Interesting link Marge. Thanks for that.

HEY! glad to pass it on. As far as people not showing up. Don't worry!!!! We will be there. And the ones that don't show will have to eat their name badge.

QUOTE: We know there are pleasant dining facilities at hotel (Prices not OTT ) and have no feelings one way or the other where we dine. Main thing is that we all enjoy a great GTG!

Robyn: If the prices aren't OTT sure it's make sense. I'll bring the name of one if we found one that's out of this world from $ - $$. A few of us will have cars so anyone that needs a ride. No Problem!

Art & Jennifer: Any ideas where to eat that only locals know about?

Marge

Checking the cabin numbers it seems that Art/Jennifer and Carol/Vic are starboard and the remainder of those whose numbers we know are port.

Generally people seem to be located near stairs/lifts which is handy.

Jennifer you are closest to dining and lounges - that can be an advantage :-)

Only 5 seeks today till Goosbys and tomorrow it will be 5 weeks to Il Patio!

Name tags......:)Great who is making them??? what names are we using:confused:

how about Glowing Amber / given name

Marge

Hi neighbor. Thanks for the info. What web site did you use to purchase tickets and what day are you traveling? Our plane reservations from Rome to Boston are around noon on the 21st, so we plan to go to Rome the day before. We thought we would spend the 19th in Genoa. Haven't made any detailed plans for lodging yet.

czechmate

Thanks for the welcome and the name tags. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Looks like we will have a great group. Is our onboard GTG a one time or a daily event? Anyone play bridge?

Glowing Amber - I am making them. Will use whatever I am given. You want "Glowing Amber" you got it! Remember we will expect that "glow" to be continual :-)

Marge - the cabin looks very pleasant indeed. Rather restful - you should get a good nights sleep - if there is time for sleeping!

Did not realise before that you would have same cabin as occupied by "eroller"/Ernie. He seemed to have a great time and posted a pretty good review. Think that later he had the beds made up as 2 twins with the cupboards central.

Imagine pics our happy band can put out there!

It must be nice to be up on deck 10 in the VIP section

If you need anything from the engine room or the cargo room let me know :)

:D:D LOL Art & Jennifer!

If you ever need anything from "upstairs" or would like a drink on the balcony of the "cabin in the sky" - just ask. Assuming of course, you don't have a fear of 'heights'.......just kidding, everyone :p

Gosh - I stay away from the thread for a couple of days and look at all the extra messages! :eek:

Paul & Sue Welcome - will be great to have your company in a few weeks time!

.Reading the board it seems unfortunately that on one recent cruise - people for one reason or another did not turn up to the arranged GTG. Please lets not lhave that happen with us. There seems to be the makings of a great group of people and the promise of memorable experiences

czechmate - I do hope all that say they are coming to either the pre-sail GTG at Goosbys on 1 April and the onboard GTG on 2 April, do turn up. I'll be there at both as promised! You have put a lot of time and effort into making this group and our GTG's a much anticipated experience! For those thinking of not turning up, I think Marge's suggestion of making them eat their name badge is an excellent idea - folks, you have been warned :D :D

Marge - thanks for the restaurants suggestions! Just wondered perhaps we might get just that little bit settled & comfortable at Goosbys and not want to move anywhere ;) Just assumed as it was known as Goosbys Bar and Grill that a meal would be possible. Will go with the flow on this one - Non importa (it doesn't matter) - See, I'm into the Italian phrase book already :)

Everyone - I'm off now to post the MSC shore excursions on our 'St Thomas' thread - should be up there in an hour or so.

Ciao ciao

were coming into town 30th and staying with family //we asked them to join us at the GTG party//since we are there quess were in a funny postion.......they are driving us to the ship on 4/2 //more info to follow...

this is about:( we might not be able to make the GTG party!:(

Thank you, Nigel and Amber i

QUOTE=czechmate]Glowing Amber - I am making them. Will use whatever I am given. You want "Glowing Amber" you got it! Remember we will expect that "glow" to be continual :

Marge - the cabin looks very pleasant indeed. Rather restful - you should get a good nights sleep - if there is time for sleeping!

Did not realise before that you would have same cabin as occupied by "eroller"/Ernie. He seemed to have a great time and posted a pretty good review. Think that later he had the beds made up as 2 twins with the cupboards central.

Imagine pics our happy band can put out there!

Amber - we hope that you and Nigel will still make it to Goosbys on the 1st. So far as we personally are concerned - no problems if you bring your hosts. Will be good to meet them.

Please do not forget - let me know names for the "badges" or should I stick with "Glowing Amber" and "Nigel". Badges are mainly meant for GTG on 2nd at Il Patio but will be available on 1st.

Robyn - with our little group - you miss one day in here and you miss plenty. The other day I discovered about 10 posts I had somehow missed. :-)

We are either a very talkative crowd or over excited!

You are a clever girl how you found a way to emphasise the names - dumbo here has no luck!

Henri - are you sure you are wise wanting Marian to have shopping time in St. Thomas? I have read on a couple of the posts that it is THE BEST place in the Caribbean to buy jewellery! :-)

Realise you come from near to the "home of the diamond" BUT you know a lady deserves to be treated special! :-) Especially when on holiday!

Hi all

One thing that crossed my mind was this - during crossing we are going to meet each other and then we are going to meet others whether they be table companions or just people you connect with at an event.

Lets agree to make the last night ONE GREAT PARTY. Dress will be informal because everything else is packed :-) but we can have an experience to remember for the rest of our lives.

Glowing Amber - Had another thought :-) ..... Tell the family if you miss Goosbys on 1st April you have to "walk the plan in shark infested waters"

:-) :-)

Aye, aye, Barry,

I will hold an eye on Marian in St. Thomas jeweleries, so I can see if she is not glittering, sparkling, twinkling to much :eek::eek:. That would be suspisious :D

Henri.

Robyn - You are a clever girl how you found a way to emphasise the names - dumbo here has no luck!

It's easy czechmate ! I'm not so clever!

First put the symbol [ then b then ] in front of what you wish to appear in bold type. Type your word or words etc then put symbol [ then / then b then ] at the end of the last word. Just don't put the spaces inbetween like I have - had to do it that way, otherwise this whole post would have been in bold. You can check if it's worked by using the 'preview post' before hitting the 'submit' button.

Give it a try - same works for 'italics' - substitute i for b etc

Hi all

One thing that crossed my mind was this - during crossing we are going to meet each other and then we are going to meet others whether they be table companions or just people you connect with at an event.

Lets agree to make the last night ONE GREAT PARTY. Dress will be informal because everything else is packed :-) but we can have an experience to remember for the rest of our lives.

Great idea czechmate - what fun! Party of OUR Century - I'll be there! It will be great practice for my Party of the Year I'm having in Venice - with friends flying in from New Jersey, California and St Maarten for the first week I am there after our cruise.

henri - would love to think MSC would extend happy hour all night...ha,ha, but I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves anyway! (hic)

This transatlantic crossing is going to be magnifico :D

Robyn a.k.a. Sparkling Gem .....hmm must look up what those words mean in Italian - Marian will want to know, Henri ;) don't forget there is also jewellery for sale onboard!

Robyn [b/] Thanks for the lesson.

It is not so easy as [ ] are not common symbols on a Czech keyboard. I also have problems with z and y because there positions are reversed. See it is not alwazs the alcohol :-) making the mistakes

When I did the "preview" it does not appear to have worked!

Marge - Thanks for the information. Any tricks to using the trenitalia website? It is in english but I get Italian instructions when I try to buy a ticket. We are considering going to Rome on the 19th and skipping Genoa all together. That would give us a full day to see a few things in Rome. Can't see much but we can use the time to figure out what we would like to see when we go back in the fall. I worry about being able to get to the train station on time to meet the 10:52 train. We have no experience on getting off the ship and going through customs in a foreign port.

Go to http://www.trenitalia.com/home/en/index.html everything is in English. And go to http://slowtalk.com/eve/ubb.x You need to sign up to ask questions. You might first need to introduction yourself. Go ahead and sign up it's a great forum. If not go to Italy forum and then click INSTRUCTION along the top. http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/trains/intro.htm. After all that go to the Italy message board and read the post from GAC http://slowtalk.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/862600685/m/86010145221.

I'm not going to worry about it. I'm sure we will be fine.

I worry about being able to get to the train station on time to meet the 10:52 train. We have no experience on getting off the ship and going through customs in a foreign port.

We will ask on the ship for the bag tags that will let us off 1st. We should be off no later than 9:00. We can share a taxi which is about 5 minutes away.

Slow travel forum and Fodor's forum will answer all your questions when you start planning your next Italy trip. Let me know if you need more help. Where will you stay. Marge

Marge - Thanks again for the info. I registered for trenitalia but they haven't sent a password yet. I looked at the map and it appears the train station is about a half mile away. I will keep working on trying to buy tickets. I reviewed some of the questions you had asked and the answers you received on several web sites. Very useful. You have done a lot of research. Paul

Archived