ROLL CALL - Opera 2nd April

czechmate

Robyn Hi there. My understanding is that both the hotels are on Southeast 17th. Ours at 1881 and yours at 2150 so lets hope that we are not that far apart! Look forward to meeting you very much indeed.

Bangkok should be WONDERFUL and as you say a fitting conclusion to ONE great holiday.

Henri - you are keeping us in suspense! Hope that you soon have good new to post here!

Unfortunately I have not yet heard the happy :D news, but...... I allready was said that there are no flights left on 31 march and 1 april, so another 'problem'. But still hoping!

Henri.

Henri - we are still hoping that you can make it.

There must be a flight from Schipol to somewhere in Europe from where there will be a flight to Miami/Fort Lauderdale. Where there is the will there is the way! KLM/Air France and Skyteam must be able to work something for you.

Also try http://www.lastminute.com

smile.gifwe are two more of the lucky people from SKY AUCTION, we are very excited about are april 2nd crossing...did I read your meeting up some were???let us know!

today i called and and found out our cabin in on the la traviata deck outside ......

any commits?

confused.gif does any one have any suggestions on were to leave are things for a few days while we travel around the area??

Amber and Nigel hi - and welcome. The proposed meeting places are included earlier in this thread.

La Traviata - think that is Deck 8. Friends on Lirica had deck 8 and were very happy.

Dan and Cheryl welcome too.

Our numbers grow - thats good news!

Pre Sail Party 1st April.

Goosbys Bar and Grill, Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott Hotel,

.......................Time to be agreed ...............................

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CruiseCritic Meeting/Sail Away Party 2nd April

Il Patio Restaurant Ponte Tosca (Port side)

Suggested time 16.30/17.00

Guess that some of us will be there MUCH earlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the info. very excited about our cruise

and meeting before, we will be in town early see

see you @ Goosbys.

HELP Does anyone have any suggestions on were we can leave are STUFF while we play in italy. Our dgt. live in germany /we will be heading up that way {no date}

This is a quick flyby, but I have some information on cheap flights to the us.

We found LTU (www.ltu.com) and you can get in miami from dusseldorf for about 245€ (very cheap) - We are flying on the 28' to Fort Myers because we want to meet some friends in Naples.

This I found on there website :

LT 0920Wed30.03.07:3516:00>9 398,- LT 0900Fri01.04.10:4514:05>9246

I will pass by again to this locations with some more time shortly.

CU soon and greeting to you all.

:) Dear friends,

we have made it !! (anyway by phone, not yet on paper!?!)

TravelAgency reveived information that the wanted cabin-category is available and they arranged a -not too expensive- flight from A'dam to Miami and Milano to A'dam.

We 'll arrive 01-april-2005 (no joke) in Miami and stay in Miami Airport Comfort Inn, so it's not possible to join you in Marina Marriot, but we will see you the next day in(on) El Patio.

And now only hoping for a nice upgrade (:D). Our 3th MSC-cruise.

So,.... Salute, and....Ciao !!

Henri.

Beste Varadero,

hardstikke bedankt voor de tip !! (Thanks for the advice).

As you saw we allready have a flight (I can only once make an edit and forgot to thank you).

Groeten van Uw noorderburen !! (greeting from your neighbours from the north).

Henri.

Amber, not sure anyone can tell us with certainty about the weather but every hope that the first part will be warm and sunny and just maybe it will continue all the way. We can hope!

There always is some wind at sea.

We will have a great time no matter what the weather brings!!

Any suggestions for time at Goosbys?

Henri - good news that you and Marian can join us! Look forward to meeting you onboard on 2nd! :)

So many new people joining the thread and sailing with us - I'm losing count!

czechmate - I've taken an easier option - now booked at Ft Lauderdale Marina Marriott! :D

Flight from LAX arrives 3.10pm, wouldn't expect to be at the hotel until after 4pm? So any time late afternoon/early evening would suit me. Goosby's looks great! How many for the pre-cruise get-together?

Less than 7 weeks now :cool:

Robyn that is good news! We can share the complimentary coach to Opera on Saturday morning - well that is if you are like us and just cannot wait to get aboard because we will head out about 10.30!

In 2004 that was time of the first coach and we were on Lirica by 12.00 noon.

What date do you depart Sydney?

...................................................................................................

How does 18.00 sound as a meeting time for Goosbys?

To date for Pre Sail party on Friday 1st it is looking like 11 happy people.

Dan and Cheryl will you also be able to join us?

Hi everyone:

We certainly have a wonderful, worldly group. I can't wait to meet you all. Unfortunately this will have to be on the ship. We live in Tampa, Florida and are taking the Acela Amtrak to Fort Lauderdale the morning we sail. Have never gone by train before to the ship.

The more research I do the more confused I get. My husband's family is from Locarno, Sitzerland so we are going there after our cruise. BUT flying home??? We have never been to Europe. Do we go to Zurich, or Geneva? Or do we go to Milan, Italy? Has anyone been to these places, and can you advise a first time European traveler which is the better city to visit and fly home from?

We also are spening our first Europe night in Genoa at the Ramada.

When we are in St.Thomas, April-5, there are also:

Voyager o/t Seas, Carribean Princess, Norwegian Crown, Zuiderdam, QM2, Century and Carnival Glory.

With us makes 8 (!) :eek:

It will be busy I think.

In the other harbors: San Juan together with Century, in Cadiz with Silver Wind and Seabourn Pride, and all the others we're the only one :D

Henri

Henri - thanks for the info on the other ships in our ports - lots of shipspotting to do :D. Surprised there won't be more ships around in our other Caribbean ports?

czechmate - 18:00 at Goosbys sounds fine to me, assuming I have no flight delays. If anyone prefers another time - I'm happy to go with the flow!

Would be great to share the Marriott transfer at 10:30 - would be even better if we were onboard by 12:00 :cool: - can we embark that early?

Flying Sydney to LAX - Sunday 20 March - staying with friends in San Diego until flight to Ft Lauderdale 1 April (with visit from Arizona friends during that time).

34 sleeps :)....I'm ahead of you all time-wise, but still can't get used to flying out of Sydney at 15:20 and arriving in LAX 9:45 - this is, before I've left :eek:

Robyn

Having a smile at the 34 sleeps! Had not got around to counting it that way!

Certainly we embarked not long after 12 noon last year for Lirica. At the terminal we had to wait abour 30 minutes whilst the final incoming passengers disembarked. Then we completed all our formalities and waited in the lounge for a while and were then allowed on. We hope that it will be similar again in April.

Henri

Thanks for the info re other ships - and it seems amazing we will be alone at so many ports! As you observe St. Thomas will be very busy!

Vic and Carol (love to cruz)

Pity you will not be there on 1st but we understand and there is always the 2nd.

Without knowing your full plans and how long you plan to remain in Europe it is very difficult to make constructive suggestions. All 3 cities you mention are attractive in their own way and interesting. There is even another possibility you could consider and that would be to travel to and fly out from Paris!! All depends on where you are based when in Switzerland.

Hi all

In view of Henris so helpful info re St Thomas I have been making some enquiries. With so many liners in port there could be trouble with taxis or they might charge a premium rate!

At this moment I only have preliminary info BUT we could book a 15 or 20 seater coach (later I can say if open air or air conditioned) for 450 dollars or 600 dollars. That is 30 dollars per head. If you go to http://www.havefunwithus.com you can read the basic tour but then instead of 3 hours at just one beach they will take us to all 3 possibly 4.

We could kick of at 9 or 9.30 or 10 and be back at Opera by 15.00 latest

I am also asking them cost if we stopped somewhere for a lunch.

Is this of interest to anyone?

This is all down to us - we can make it a great experience or all elect to do our own thing.

SUGGESTIONS welcome!

Once I have full e-mail confirmation from the company I can send copies to anyone who contacts me.

Barry

Archived