Odd credit card charge 3 weeks later

Steve & Heidi

We sailed on the 2/27 sailing of the NCL GEM. Just recieved my credit card statement that included the authorised charges from that sailing. I had 2 separate charges from NCL. One was for several hundred dollars for my onboard account and that was correct.

There was however another charge that was applied to the account a week later. $43 and change, not something I recognized so I called NCL for an explanation. The NCL rep told me the $43 charge was for missing items in my in room mini bar.

2 problems with that. The first issue I had was that I had asked my cabin stewart on the first day to empty the mini bar so that we could use it as a fridge, which he did. The second was that NCL tried to tell me the $43 charge was for a bottle of water. Now either the rep thought I was completely stupid or NCL is completely stupid.

In any case, after carefully explaining that the charge was not ligitimate the rep ultimately credited my account the amount in question.

Watch your onboard charges and final credit card statements carefully, it would seem that NCL has no problem trying to slip a fast one past us given the opportunity.

Does happen from time to time. I can not figure out a way to totally avoid it.

And by the way, they employ STEWARDS. The Stewarts, I believe, drive race cars!

LOL!

Yes, Tony Stewart does indeed drive race cars :D Thanks for pointing that out :rolleyes:

Archived