Royal Car Rental

bubbachief

• 3 weeks later...

In January we arrived on the Caribbean Princess to find ALL the rental kiosks at the cruise ship pier closed!!! This was a major drag because we had reserved with American Car Rental (do NOT USE THIS COMPANY) and were assured their facility was right there... not so. We ended up having to take a cab out to the airport to rent a vehicle from Budget, a poor mini van that was on its last legs. You would assume that January is peak season so you have to wonder if something happened to make all the companies leave the area. We are really hoping to find a vehicle rental agency that is open near the cruise ship pier when we return to Aruba in mid June. Arubalisa, please advise!! thanks

I think I replied on another forum to check with Amigo Car Rental. :confused:

In January we arrived on the Caribbean Princess to find ALL the rental kiosks at the cruise ship pier closed!!! This was a major drag because we had reserved with American Car Rental (do NOT USE THIS COMPANY) and were assured their facility was right there... not so. We ended up having to take a cab out to the airport to rent a vehicle from Budget, a poor mini van that was on its last legs. You would assume that January is peak season so you have to wonder if something happened to make all the companies leave the area. We are really hoping to find a vehicle rental agency that is open near the cruise ship pier when we return to Aruba in mid June. Arubalisa, please advise!! thanks

Royal was an excellent rental company this past December. I forget who we worked with -- it may have been Eddie. Easy drop-off/pick-up to your location. The rates were generally less than other places, too. I would definitely book with them again during our next trip to Aruba. Have fun!

• 2 years later...

I agree with the other post DO NOT BOOK FROM ROYAL CAR RENTAL.

We booked several months in advance for a February cruise on the Caribbean Princess for our day in Aruba. When we docked their was no one at the Royal Car Rental kiosk. Several other people who had reserved cars were also waiting for ROYAL to open. We called several times and were assured they were on their way. But they never came and finally someone told me that they thought the Caribbean Princess was to be in port on three days later. Guess it did not matter that several people had booked a car rental for pick up the day of the Caribbean Princess arrival. Needless to say our day in Aruba was cut two hours short due to ROYAL CAR RENTAL and I would suggest you check on a more reliable car rental company.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

We just used them for three days and will NEVER use them again. They didn't have the car we reserved and they offered a four door jeep for the same price which we thought would be nice until we drove it. The service light was on which they knew about and said they knew it but it was okay. We drove off and got down the road a bit, opened the windows for fresh air and there was a horrid noise coming from one of the wheels. We called for a replacement but they only had manual transmission until the following day. We took it and it was pretty bad too so we changed it the next day. Got another four door jeep which was almost as bad as the first two. The seat backs in all three jeeps did not move and were leaning back too far for us. One of the jeeps the seatbelt would not even move so the ding,ding,ding never stopped. The third jeep was a soft top which had a quarter-sized hole above the driver and it did happen to pour overnight leaving a big puddle on the roof ready to pour in if we hadn't noticed it before we took off. We lost more time having to deal with them and their crappy jeeps.

Archived