Need Park & Cruise Hotels in New Orleans!

jordanaire

We stayed at the Holiday Inn French Quarter when we went on our cruise in December. It was 210.00 total including taxes for 8 days of parking and one overnight stay. The year before it was 169.00 for the same ammenities and I could not figure out why it was so much more so who knows what the rates would be. Next time I think we will save some money and stay in Metairie!

• 2 weeks later...

If you stay in Metairie or Gretna, how close is food and suff? We have a 12hr drive and would be getting to our hotel around 3pm so I'm sure we would want to walk around NO or find a place to eat and have a few drinks........is it hard to drive from here to the French Quarter or is there stuff around these hotels??

Hi Peeps,

Well we are going in September on the Conquest so I have been calling around and this is what I have found so far:

Quality Inn Gretna, LA 139.00 + tax and includes parking for cruise 20 minutes from port

Blake Hotel 119.00 plus 10.00 night parking off site.....

La Quinta in New Orleans no availability or cruise package

Drury Inn No cruise package and 119.00 + tax with 25.00 nite parking off site

Country Inn 108.58 with tax plus 28.00 to leave your car but not for length of cruise just the night you stay

Hampton Inn Convention Center 129.00 + tax and 14.00 a day parking charge

So any further help with hotel would be appreciated....

Kathy

Kathy- thanks for the list of hotels you have checked out. I am also checking out hotels in NO and looking for the best deal.

One thing I have found is that the price of the hotel changes depending on what is going on in the city at the time. We haven't booked out cruise yet, so hotels will be in the future.

Kathy- thanks for the list of hotels you have checked out. I am also checking out hotels in NO and looking for the best deal.

One thing I have found is that the price of the hotel changes depending on what is going on in the city at the time. We haven't booked out cruise yet, so hotels will be in the future.

Your welcome...I called all these hotels directly and gave them my date so therefore they were pretty helpful....Please let me know what you find out......Good luck....We are booked on the conquest sept 29th......

Kathy

Try the Marriot at the convention center. I am there at end of March at Easter for the park and cruise deal for $149 +tax. May be same at Sept.

I have used Stay123 . com in the past and I found that they are available for New Orleans. You would have to go in and plug in your dates to see what is available. One of the hotels I saw was the Quality Inn, Gretna. It seems like a good deal.

My question for everyone is this,

We will be staying 2 nights prior to our cruise. Is there a special rate for the extra night and

Is it easy to get into to the city and do touristy things?

Holiday Inn French Quarter. We planned on using Priceline, but every hotel during our stay was pretty full. I couldn't get anything under $150, so I stopped bidding. I was able to get a room here with parking for $241. Considering our other option was a hotel at the airport for $134, this was better as it allowed us some sightseeing and parking. Shuttle is $8 per person, but dh is going to drop me and the kids off, then come back, park, and either catch a cab for $8 or walk. We are less than two miles from the port. We leave in a few hours!

I have stayed at HIFQ twice and was able park during our seven day cruise both times we dropped of part of our party and luggage went back and parked at the hotel and walked back to the pier.

I was looking at the Holiday Inn FQ and on their website, it states they are no longer a Holiday Inn property as of 2/28/13. Anyone know what is happening after that? Is it changing names or closing altogether?

I was beginning to think we weren't going to find a hotel with cruise parking. So many hotels aren't available for April 6th....I wonder if there is something going on????

We ended up at the La Quinta Chalmette Area which is about 6 miles from the port and they have free cruise parking and a shuttle. We probably won't use the shuttle since it's so close, but the 2 queen room was only $100.68 w/ taxes and fees.

I was beginning to think we weren't going to find a hotel with cruise parking. So many hotels aren't available for April 6th....I wonder if there is something going on????

We ended up at the La Quinta Chalmette Area which is about 6 miles from the port and they have free cruise parking and a shuttle. We probably won't use the shuttle since it's so close, but the 2 queen room was only $100.68 w/ taxes and fees.

Hi Janey,

I'm trying to help my son find a room and parking for the same date. What site did you book off of for that price?

Thanks for your help:)

Check out the Blake Hotel. They have a cruise Parking Package, which is $10 per day in a secured lot. The difference is that the hotel rate is so much cheaper that it makes up the difference for the price of parking. They are an ascend hotel and right now the cruise rate is $79-$89 per night. Seriously! Check out http://www.neworleanscvb.com/travel-professionals/cruises/pre-post-commisonable-packages/ for more information. This is where we are staying in September. I have already booked the hotel so that I didn't lose the rate!

• 2 weeks later...

Here now. Location seems nice. Not scary at all.

Check in was slow long lines. Shuttle to port sign up was easy. Room is decent. Not fancy but clean and comfy. Paid for king tried to give me queen and i showed her my reservation papers. And was given the king bed.

Hubby and i walked to a subway and walgreens. Area felt safe walking at the 9pm.

Ill report on breakfast and shuttle tomorrow.

So glad to hear about this hotel, we have it booked for our April 14th cruise and have read quite a few bad reviews. Thank you for taking the time to write it , looking forward to hear about the breakfast and shuttle :)

Hope you have a great time!

avic77- curious to hear your experience of this hotel, we have a reservation for May with the park and cruise. This hotel had good reviews when I booked it a few months back, but lately have read not so great reviews. Hoping you can give a first hand report.

Here now. Location seems nice. Not scary at all.

Check in was slow long lines. Shuttle to port sign up was easy. Room is decent. Not fancy but clean and comfy. Paid for king tried to give me queen and i showed her my reservation papers. And was given the king bed.

Hubby and i walked to a subway and walgreens. Area felt safe walking at the 9pm.

Ill report on breakfast and shuttle tomorrow.

I also have this hotel booked for April 14th, so it's nice to get the positive comments! Anxious to hear your report about breakfast and the shuttle.

I just booked a room on 3/22 for $156 inc. taxes with free 7 day parking and free shuttle to and from the port. It is at the Quality Inn in Gretna, LA. about 10 min away... not to bad in my opinion

Archived