Transportation to Port Canaveral

cctn

We are thinking of sailing on the Freedom; when arriving at Orlando airport, is there a shuttle that goes to the pier if we do not buy the transfers from RCCL? or if we arrive a day early, are their shuttles that go to the hotels near Port Canaveral?

Were taking the Freedom in May and am currently looking at different options to get from WDW to the ship. There are four of us and right now it looks like a private town car service is the most convienient (and not really that expensive).

But i also would be interested if there are some type of shuttes (other than RC) that travel from the Airport to the ship.

We used the cruise line shuttle for our first couple cruises but it's quite expensive. We used Coco Beach Shuttle in December but weren't impressed as we waited an hour past our scheduled pick up time upon arrival. For our May cruise I booked Sunshine State. The price was $3.00 more than Coco Beach but it's a private shuttle and apparently they will meet us in the baggage claim. I'll let you know how it goes if you like.

Edited by cruisekitten01

We used the cruise line shuttle for our first couple cruises but it's quite expensive. We used Coco Beach Shuttle in December but weren't impressed as we waited an hour past our scheduled pick up time upon arrival. For our May cruise I booked Sunshine State. The price was $3.00 more than Coco Beach but it's a private shuttle and apparently they will meet us in the baggage claim. I'll let you know how it goes if you like.

Thank You - it would help a lot - if you can email me, i'd like to ask you more questions re: cost...

carfieldtnepo at comcast dot net

thank you so much. carol

Rent a car. There are several car rentals near the port that have shuttles to the port. We use Budget. There drop off is about a mile from the port. They have a free shuttle that will take you and your luggage to the port and pick you up when you return.

If you do arrive a day early it makes it nice to have a way of geting around.

Check out the Dinosaurs store in Cocoa beach.

Happy cruising

Edited by welldone60

Anyone use Ace Luxury Transportation? http://www.aceluxury.com/portcanaveral.htm

I'm traveling on the Freedom this September and was considering this company. Prices on the website seem pretty good. I'm traveling with a group so we need a large van that fits at least 12 people.

Based on past experience I try not to go through the cruise company as it takes longer. We had used a private company when we took our Mediterranean cruise last year and arrived over an hour before other people on our flight who took the cruise transfer.

I just got back from the Monarch on Monday. Which also ports in Cape Canaveral. There was 2 of us and we met a couple on here and shared from the airport to 2 different hotels on Cocoa Beach. We used Orlando Airport Shuttle, the owner is Mike Quinn, he charged $60 to pick us up because it was after 7pm otherwise it would have been $55. And then $55 to bring us back to the airport after the cruise. He met us at baggage claim and then after right at the port. I would highly recommend him. I don't think he has any other employees, pretty sure it's just him. He was right on time and felt very safe ect.... PM me if you would like his phone #. No website. Also we paid cash on each trip as I was afraid to pay up front and chance being scammed.

Leslie, I am very interested in learning how you like your choice for transportation when you cruise in May. If you don't mind, shoot me an e-mail @Majik711@aol.com when you get back and have time. We are on the Freedom in Sept. Thanks in advance.

Anyone use Ace Luxury Transportation? http://www.aceluxury.com/portcanaveral.htm

I'm traveling on the Freedom this September and was considering this company. Prices on the website seem pretty good. I'm traveling with a group so we need a large van that fits at least 12 people.

When in Sept. are you going on the

Freedom? We are on the Sept. 26th sailing.

I don't know how to private message on here but would love Mike's phone number for transportation.

I think you have to have a certain number of post before you can send a PM. So I just talked to him, wanted to make sure he was OK with me putting his number on here.

His name is Mike Quinn @ 321-288-6775. Like I said we were very happy with him and will use him again. And his rates were the cheapest I could find with personal service.

I am also looking for transportation - there will be four of us plus luggage so a town car is out (won't fit - tried that one before).

I was considering renting a car from Orlando to Port Canaveral - $200 - ugh (and the headache of dropping off the car.

I am considering Ace Luxury also to the hotel (Hilton in Cocoa Beach) - taxi to Kennedy Space Center and back - Cocoa Beach shuttle from Hilton to cruise port.

Thoughts?

I am also looking for transportation - there will be four of us plus luggage so a town car is out (won't fit - tried that one before).

I was considering renting a car from Orlando to Port Canaveral - $200 - ugh (and the headache of dropping off the car.

I am considering Ace Luxury also to the hotel (Hilton in Cocoa Beach) - taxi to Kennedy Space Center and back - Cocoa Beach shuttle from Hilton to cruise port.

Thoughts?

Just found this web site on another link, and it may work for you. Four people are $55 per person round trip. Here it is and hope you like them. If you do use them, please let me know what you think @ Majik711@aol.com

aroundtheclockusa.com

We used cocoa beach shuttle today to get us to cape canaveral a little late picking us up but other than that very good service. They are picking us up at 11 tomorrow to take us to the freedom of the seas.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for transportation for my friend and her son for their cruise in August. Arriving at MCO and staying overnight in Cocoa Beach before their Freedom of the Seas cruise.

She is travelling with another family (who incidentally invited her to come with them on vacation) but they decided that they are going to stay overnight with friends in the area so she's on her own (kinda rude if you ask me), so I'd like to find her safe, reliable transportation at a reasonable rate.

I checked out Happy Limo but their rates are $132 from MCO to Cocoa Beach. A previous poster mentioned Orlando Airport Shuttle and they said the charge was $55 if it was before 7 PM (which she will be). Not sure if that's per person or total.

I just don't know what to advise her to do. She's a young widow, son is 8 years old, so I want to be sure she's safe and well taken care of, but don't want her to have to spend more than is necessary.

I'm looking for transportation for my friend and her son for their cruise in August. Arriving at MCO and staying overnight in Cocoa Beach before their Freedom of the Seas cruise.

She is travelling with another family (who incidentally invited her to come with them on vacation) but they decided that they are going to stay overnight with friends in the area so she's on her own (kinda rude if you ask me), so I'd like to find her safe, reliable transportation at a reasonable rate.

I checked out Happy Limo but their rates are $132 from MCO to Cocoa Beach. A previous poster mentioned Orlando Airport Shuttle and they said the charge was $55 if it was before 7 PM (which she will be). Not sure if that's per person or total.

I just don't know what to advise her to do. She's a young widow, son is 8 years old, so I want to be sure she's safe and well taken care of, but don't want her to have to spend more than is necessary.

I was the person who recommended Orlando Airport Shuttle and I would be OK being alone with the owner in the car but FYI I have only used him once and I had a friend and another couple with us. But he seems like a genuine guy. And that was total for the price. I put his number on my last post, you can always call and get a quote, that's always free:) It was $55 plus a nice tip for the 4 of us, the other couple I met on our roll call on here and met at the airport for the first time also.