Without CC I never would have.....

i guide the sky

Without CC I would have never met so many nice folk on the roll calls. CC roll calls really helps us to meet the most interesting and fun people.

The roll calls and meeting new people really enhances our cruising experience

Second that,met some great friends that in my life before cruising I never would have had a chance to meet:)

I would never have known to look in the bathroom at night onboard the Summit to see the "ghost" light coming out of the commode. Seriously, tons of recommendations and hints that are greatly appreciated.

Been able to read the news with the sound off on the TV - oh wait - that's close captioning... learned that's it's ok to turn up at the port without your luggage labels that never turn up in the mail :)

After viewing a post, I recalled I had tons of Marriott's and other frequent flyer/hotel points so ended up getting a nice free room in Vancouver and one of our roundtrip flights paid for.

Also based on CC discussions, I decided to upgrade our inside cabin cheap room to a Veranda room in CC class for our upcoming Alaskan cruise. An inside room would probably be ok for other trips, but now realizing how scenery intensive this cruise will be, I'm glad I made the change. Oh yeah, and I got a great price when I called my TA - turns out with the Senior rate, we got a CC class Veranda for barely more than a regular Veranda, and what looks like a nice room had just come open.

Lastly, CC has given me many laughs! The "what to do if you fall off the ship" thread was memorable as are many others. I don't know how many of those were meant to be funny (maybe I just have an off sense of humor!).

-Kathy

What would you have never know or done with out reading it or discusing it on Cruise Critic first?

There seems to be alot of things (honey do lists and such) I don't get done because I am at my computer reading cruise critic all the time.

But the bigger balconies, the friends we now go out to dine with at home that we meet on roll call. First met on CC then in person in AK, but we live 6 miles apart here in NC.

That it is better to rent a car and drive to the Yukon to see Emerald Lake when visiting Skagway. What a wonderful day we had.

That even though there is an ocassional butt of the heads online, for the most part, everyone here is here for one purpose, and that is to share ideas and experiences and make others trips more enjoyable...

And more importantly, those with whom you butted heads may be the ones who go out of the thier way to give you the best and honest tip one month later, so you end up with a better cruise.

As a 1st time cruise I don't know where to begin...

I've learned to turn my phone to airplane mode or off while on the ship to avoid roaming charges.

To take.....extension cord, power strip, over the door shoe thingy.

That I can take some toiletries but others will be provided.

I save about $150.00 in Ketichikan alone booking individually instead of thru the ship for excursion. Same with Skagway.

This is just the tip of the iceburg.

And most importantly nobody agrees on dining times, tipping and formal nights.

I don't think I would mention iceburg and cruising, let alone a trip to Ketchikan, in the same sentence, posting...:D

This just cracked me up for some reason.

Sweet 16...

What is this?:confused:

They are 16 balcony cabins on the M Class ships that have extra-large balconies, but are the same category and price as the ones with regular sized balconies! Here's the thread that taught me all about them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1148306

And thanks AGAIN to bob278 for that excellent picture.

Archived