Any Ohio Cruisers Out There?

Ghost

You've picked a great ship and a sweet cruise for a first timer!

We have cruised on Infinity 3X (Hawaii and two Trans-Canal trips)....and it's a toss up as to which we like best: Summit or Infinity.....

We almost booked the Canal/SA cruise on Infinity in Feb. but wanted to try Millie in Europe in May.

Have a GREAT cruise......hope you booked a veranda cabin, but anything on the ship will be a great place to be!:D

Born and raised in Toledo. Went to St. Stephen's school and lived a few blocks from Tony Packo's Hungarian Hot Dogs. Later moved to the southside and lived on Heatherdowns Blvd.

Have tons of family in the area, Perrysburg, Holland, Oregon (lots of family there), Genoa, and most in Toledo. Some of my cousins are teachers, one at Clay HS and one at Sacred Heart on the east side, two others teach at Genoa and one is at Northwood. Going back there (we moved from there in the late 1960's) for a cousin's baby shower next month.

Any of you on the 11 day Summit on March 21?

We are from Brecksville, near Cleveland.... We are booked on Celebrity Summit on 4/11/05 for 11 wonderful days. We can not wait to get out of this horrible cold (but very normal for Ohio) weather.

We have been on Summit once, Infinity, and Century and loved them all, can't wait for these next months to go by.

Happy sailing to all of you!!

Bob and Jacqueline

Born and raised in Toledo. Went to St. Stephen's school and lived a few blocks from Tony Packo's Hungarian Hot Dogs. Later moved to the southside and lived on Heatherdowns Blvd.

Have tons of family in the area, Perrysburg, Holland, Oregon (lots of family there), Genoa, and most in Toledo. Some of my cousins are teachers, one at Clay HS and one at Sacred Heart on the east side, two others teach at Genoa and one is at Northwood. Going back there (we moved from there in the late 1960's) for a cousin's baby shower next month.

Any of you on the 11 day Summit on March 21?

Tony Packo's oh how I miss that place. Is it still in the same location? My husband went to UT and we used to go there all the time.

Cally, you can call Packo's and have them ship you some of their things. They now have their fantastic hot pickles in jars, the hot dog sauce and the chili in cans. We always bring back a bunch of the stuff when we visit relatives in Toledo. Actually, my dad packs a couple of coolers in the car and then loads up with their dumplings and sauce, and the fresh chili and hot dog sauce with some of the Hungarian hot dogs. Yum!!!!!

We are from Cleveland Heights, a suburb of guess what city? We just got off of the Century last Saturday and had a blast. We cruised on her last year also. I love that ship even though she is older and smaller than the M class vessels. She's just so classic. I think we should start an Ohio group cruise for 2006 or 2007. What do you all think? It would have to be limited in size though and would be first come first served. And the Toldedo contingent could arrange a Tony Packos Banquet night!!!! I'm in.

Susan :D

Hi c2c -

We now live in Huron, but lived for many years in Bay Village - so I know Avon Lake well.

Let me know how you like the Century. We will be sailing on her in May. We have sailed Celebrity before, but this will be the first time on the Century.

Enjoy your cruise!

Mary Lou

PoohBear,

Yes we have five cabins in a row with Verandas on deck 9. Concierge Class. Hope our view is not obsturcted. Our countdown is getting smaller. And the ice is starting to finally melt from the driveway.

but headed to our timeshare on Maui Thursday & ice storm with snow Wednesday night. In 10 years since we bought it, we never had troubles but I am nervous now.

Still haven't heard about flying into LAX a day early (11/19) and how we meet the transfers on the 20th since we have no tix for that day to gain access to the airport, just ticket areas or possibly baggage claim where we can find "X" personnel.

We're no longer living there, but both my DH & myself were born and raised on Ohio (Berlin Heights and Vermilion, respectively). We've been in Alaska now for 22 years.

We still have family in:

• Vermilion
  • Huron
  • Elyria
  • Berlin Heights
  • Milan
  • Fremont
  • Cincinatti
  • Ironton
  • Franklin Furnace

So, obviously, we get back to Ohio fairly often to visit family. Also, Cedar Point!!! Have to plan our visits so that we can go there! We did all the rides this past summer (but I chickened out of Top Thrill Dragster, but DH & his brother didn't). My brother's house is on the lake where you can sit & watch the nightime lights and fireworks at Cedar Point, so we'd sit on his breakwall, drinking beers & margaritas.

We're still huge Browns fans, Cavs fans, Indian fans, and Ohio State Buckeyes fans (though I went to Miami U, Oxford, OH).

We're sailing on Summit on 2/28/05.

Jill & Dean

Wasilla, Alaska

(but still Ohioans in our hearts)

We just returned from the Constellation. We're not from Ohio, but just north of the border in Michigan. Actually our small town of Ottawa Lake is one mile north of Toledo. So we consider ourselves neighbors with the Toledoans and Sylvania-ites. The only reply I have, though, is "Go Michigan!"

We're departing on our first cruise on Feb 27th - Infinity South America/Panama Canal. Can't wait to leave all this cold and snow!!

Some of our camera equipment is up at our camp at Charles Mill Lake Park in Mansfield. The park has been flooded since early January, NO ACCESS TO THE PARK. Spending a fortune to replace the needed accessories!

I live about 10-15 minutes away from Charles Mill park. Nice area around Mohican State Park

We're around the Uniontown area between Akron and Canton. Sailing Feb 13th on Millennium.

Sandy Beach, did you know that there is an unincorporated area on the north side of Grand Lake St. Mary's that has the same name? George grew up there. We have some property there.

Hi Flash!

I must be pretty close to you. I'm about 8 miles from the 2 ski areas in Richland Co. Yes, Mohican is a very pretty area!

I don't have any cruises planned right now. Was on Zenith for 14 days in Nov. though. I hate to see Celebrity pulling out of JAX.

Quite a winter we are having up here this year!

ESaylor - We're from Sylvania but very familiar with Ottawa Lake - my Dad grew up there.

Susan - I think on Ohio cruise would be GREAT - seems to be plenty of Buckeyes on this and other boards as well. Keep us posted if you come up with anything or if we can help in any way.

Kathy

Hi Flash!

I must be pretty close to you. I'm about 8 miles from the 2 ski areas in Richland Co. Yes, Mohican is a very pretty area!

I don't have any cruises planned right now. Was on Zenith for 14 days in Nov. though. I hate to see Celebrity pulling out of JAX.

Quite a winter we are having up here this year!

Hi Deb C.

I live in Ashland Co., Perrysvillle(I call it Mayberry) to be exact. We must not be far from each other. You must live in the Butler/Bellville area.

grew up in lakewood (a cleve suburb) and we cruise with my best friend from those days and his wife who live in Strongsville. A Mich State grad though, so sad to say I gotta root against the Buckeyes.. UNLESS they're playing the punks from ann arbor.. in which case, GO BUCKS!!!

Ghyost - my husband was born and raised here in Ottawa Lake. Since you are familiar with the size of the town, there is no doubt my husband probably knows your dad. Except for the newbies, he knows just about everyone.

We are from Cleveland, Old Brooklyn - westside. I was born in East Cleveland, and moved to Berea, Ashtabula (Pierpont), Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights, Lakewood, Berea and now Old Brooklyn part of Cleveland. Bill has lived in WestPark part of Cleveland, Berea, Little Italy, and Lakewood.

We just cruised 1/6 on the Carnival Legend Southern Caribbean - 8 night. Our next cruise is 11/20/05 Celebrity Infinity Hawaii 14 night RT San Diego.

Waiting for Spring!!!!

Maureen

Mary Lou

My parent livej ust outside Huron along the old causeway to Cedar Point. They live close to the (Cedar Pt)end on one of the side streets, Sunset Dr. For the obvious reason we spend a lot of time there in the summer. We'll let you know what we think once we return the midle of March.

Archived