Valor...Is this room a bummer?

kattie89

Hi...

I'm kind of worried...My friend and I booked a BL guarantee on Carnival, and I just recieved our documents in the mail, and we've been assigned cabin 6209...It's right smack in the front corner of the ship (I think there's one cabin closer to the front than ours).

Here's my problem...I get motion sickness easily, and it almost ruined my last cruise (this is cruise #5 for me, #4 on Carnival). Should I be worried about this location?

I called cruise.com who I booked through, and they called Carnival who told them the only way to change my room was to pay $100 p/p to ugrade to 8B. I really can't afford this.

Anyone have advice? Carnival won't speak with me directly because I didn't book with them...

I appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks,

Kate

No worries Kate!:)

I just got off the Valor on 1/23 and I had cabin #2203. The Very front, on the second deck. I was extremely worried about my location. I get sea sick also but I had very little problems. I take ginger pills to help ease the nausea. It does not have the side effects of dramamine or the patch (I have tried both).

Have a great cruise.

Keep the stateroom it will be fine. I love the front of the ship staterooms, less hallways congestion, generally the only ones who pass there are the ones whose rooms are there, its alot quieter, and the ac always works best in the front (speaking on experience).

As far as booking guarantee basis (and I have most times) I choose a category on a deck that I would like to be on knowing if I were upgraded it would be on that very same deck or above and not down below. But once I booked on guarantee and our stateroom was under the galley (Imagination), our room was not as cool (had it checked by maintenance who said everything was fine a number of times) and around 3-4 am we heard footsteps above us, dishes and pot and pan noises, guess from the dining crew in the kitchen getting the day started. Never again would I choose a stateroom over the galley!

The seas this time of year are rougher, so if you think your prone to sea sickness buy the "sea bands" they truely work, know many people who used them and swear they work. I generally carry them only used it once (there was a hurricane and felt rough waters as a result of that) I put them on and it did work! You can get them at Wal-Mart or probably any local pharmacy or even online I am sure.

Have a wonderful cruise and do not worry about your stateroom location, it will be just fine. Enjoy.

I was in a porthole room on the Fascination a few years ago. It was the third from the front and we felt everything!! I didn't get sick (wore the patch) but, another party traveling with us--second room from the front--did get sick. The sea was very rough the night we were headed to Cozumel--they may have gotten sick in any room. Just take something with you just in case.

I would be prepared with whatever medication works for you. Typically there is more movement in the front of the ship and the higher up you go the worse it gets. I tend to get motion sickness although I never have on a ship. Guess the seas have never really gotten bad. For those of you who have this problem, I would recommend booking a specific room.

Archived