Spirit Spa facilities and Pass?

j-9

Hi,

We've booked the Spirit, and I was wondering about the Spa facilities. It looks like there is a lap pool and steamroom/sauna, but I don't see a relaxation area. Is there a relaxation area with a view? Are there hottubs? Do you need to buy a pass to use the pool and steam room? If so, anyone know how much a couple's pass is?

We enjoyed the spa on the Star, and wondered if it would be similar on the Spirit. Anyone know?

thanks

We were on the Spirit a few weeks ago. I really did not think much of their Spa. Keep in mind that the Spirit is 10 years old and originally built for the Asian market.

If you have been other NCL ships, you might be a little disappointed.

• 5 months later...
I was on the Spirit in Sept /09 and I used the aquaswim.It is a small pool for only one person at a time to use for swimming.. No charge to use it.Also, the sauna and steam room were free in the ladies/mens changing rooms

Is it like an endless pool? or is it more the "therapy pool" you find on most NCL ships? Also, from the pictures on the website it looks like there's 2. Is that true?

The exercise pool is an endless pool. There are two and they are located just off the cardio/weight area. The changing room is smaller than on the other NCL ships. On the women's side there is a wet and dry sauna. They are a good size and have a window to look out port side. There is also water and orange juice available all day in the women's changing area.

From what my husband told me, the men's area does not have the beverages or the view from the sauna.

Yes, there are two...It's a narrow pool with jets and you stay in one spot if your swimming..You do not go back & forth like a regular pool.

The exercise pool is an endless pool. There are two and they are located just off the cardio/weight area. The changing room is smaller than on the other NCL ships. On the women's side there is a wet and dry sauna. They are a good size and have a window to look out port side. There is also water and orange juice available all day in the women's changing area.

From what my husband told me, the men's area does not have the beverages or the view from the sauna.

perfect! thanks for the info. Couldn't find it anywhere!

I have been on this ship 3 or 4 times and will be again in Nov. Last year they tried to charge my husband to use the sauna which ticked us off badly since we have never had to pay just to use a sauna. So we will see if it is still the same. Paying a hundred bucks just to take a couple of saunas is ridiculous--for 24 years it has been free!

Glad to hear the steam/sauna is free again. We were on the Star last October and they were charging for it! I was really ticked off as all other ships had been free. I complained to the Latitudes Rep. on board and on my suvey when we got home and went so far as to write NCL a real letter expressing (very nicely, of course) my thoughts on this practice.

When we were on the Sun last month it was free and I hoped that it had been implimented fleet wide. Let us know.

Enjoy!

Glad to hear the steam/sauna is free again. We were on the Star last October and they were charging for it! I was really ticked off as all other ships had been free. I complained to the Latitudes Rep. on board and on my suvey when we got home and went so far as to write NCL a real letter expressing (very nicely, of course) my thoughts on this practice.

When we were on the Sun last month it was free and I hoped that it had been implimented fleet wide. Let us know.

Enjoy!

The Sun, Spirit, and Sky are different from most of NCL's fleet. Dawn and Jewel Class (and Epic of course) have the full "thermal suite" and charge for it's use now. I hear scattered reports of these ships having free steam rooms etc in the fitness centers though. Just an FYI, if they are still free on one of the ships the next time you cruise, don't assume it's gone fleetwide...

Archived