bed configuration

2girlsnlovefl

Now can someone explain why and how the balconies on Dolphin are open for others to see?
Easy. The Grand-class ships have balconies that are "tiered," i.e., the lower balconies are exposed. Here's a photo that can hopefully show this visually.

ADminisuite1.jpg.77f343554d9f3e870c7ee43dccdd7dfc.jpg

1202702630_Mini-suitebalconies1.jpg.9b44338e8bbff5cf3f0f8276a7759558.jpg

Thanks.

We are on the Aloha Deck in a balcony room. Do I call Princess if I think I want to reserve a roll away, just in case?

Also how does a balcony cabin work with a crib for an infant?

We were just on the Sapphire in a balcony cabin on the Aloha deck and had no problem getting a rollaway for our daughter. You can ask your TA to request it in advance.

It does not matter what anyone has chosen for bed configuration.

Our steward showed us his checklist, & bed configuration isn't even on the list !

Just ask, & ye shall receive.

Steve

• 10 months later...
I love big spacious beds, but I am wondering if I will be better keeping a twin configuration (on Golden Princess Emerald Deck). Won't it seem like more room if there is a space between the beds in front of the window? I know it is personal preference but I am new to all this and wonder what to do....

With an inside cabin, we ALWAYS separate the beds. You get a LOT more usable space that way. You even have room to put table & chair at feet of bed which you can't do if beds are in queen formation. Have done this on Princess, Carnival & NCL, and even in oceanview non-balcony cabin on Celebrity.

interesting that you can ask the steward to move the beds together. When we asked in November while we were on the Emerald in an aft balconey he told us no way. That is about the only flaw that bothers us on princess :(. If we want to sleep together on princess we have to go up to a minisuite...not always possible.

As for being worried about having the child up in the bunk out daughter is only 5 and she did fine, one side is the wall, the other side has a railing. I was more worried about her climbing up and down the ladder as it kept pulling away from its spot.

Unless you had one of the VERY few rooms that could not accomondate a queen, you certainly could have the beds together, or seperate. Your choice.

Just insist, or go to the purser for help.

Any chance that someone might have handy a picture or a link to picture(s) of a balcony room set up for 3 on the Caribbean Princess that they might share.

We have booked a cruise and will have a couple of rooms in our group that will be set up this way, just looking to actually see what the layout will be before hand.

Thanks in advance

I also am interested in what a balcony or oceanview cabin could be like for three. Possibly on Sapphire.

I can imagine that instead of having the main bed(s) separated... could not they leave one of them up against the wall, and then push the other all the way over to it... under the third bunk.... (instead of centered in the room) leaving an opening along ONE wall???? Or, can that not be done???

I can imagine that instead of having the main bed(s) separated... could not they leave one of them up against the wall, and then push the other all the way over to it... under the third bunk.... (instead of centered in the room) leaving an opening along ONE wall???? Or, can that not be done???

The problem is the placement of the ladder for the person to climb up to and down from the bunk.

Archived