Introducing Carnival's newest ship: The Behemoth

mferris77

I thought this video was awesome. I guess it's somebody's fantasy. Cool ideas although the horizontal "people mover" was a little far fetched on the outside of the ship. I'd be scared to be in that when the waves get high!! Thanks for posting.

Oh, I remember watching that video about a year ago, or so. I think it was just a "blue sky" thing playing around with designing a future ship, but as the economy goes, and things go from dream to potential reality, I am sure a lot of those features had to be shelved for future technology, and financing.

Not sure how to embed videos (if we even can)... but does anyone know what this video is about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K769VSl3PxM

Was this some crackhead Fincantieri Engineer's wet dream when they were designing the Dream?

Well, at least it has steveaaa's rock climbing wall. :-)

It was a proposal for a so called Pinnacle Class.

It's been pulled so many times over the past 6 years. I woner if they are finally giving up.

But it had nothing to do with the Dream. Carnival passed on the idea of building a behemoth, and then RCCL decided to do it.

It was a proposal for a so called Pinnacle Class.

It's been pulled so many times over the past 6 years. I woner if they are finally giving up.

But it had nothing to do with the Dream. Carnival passed on the idea of building a behemoth, and then RCCL decided to do it.

The only thing that came of that video was that it got a PVP fired for putting it out to one of her clients...

:rolleyes:

Every time I see that video it makes me wish they would actually build it. The monorail thing would be awesome. It will probably never going to happen though. Maybe I can get a ride in one of the window washer buckets that run down the side of the ship, sorta the same thing. :D

I agree that it's never going to happen but it would be so cool if it did. I really hope that whatever they build after the Dream Class is something different from the Destiny/Conquest class layout that Dream is based on.

Archived