Are the beds comfy?

layditx1

I have heard about *new* bedding since we last cruised (2004)...I know this is subjective, but are the beds comfortable? I like the feel of pillow top mattresses and will wake up with a back ache if the bed is too firm...also, I sleep on a 100% down pillow-do I need to bring my own? Seems like the last time I brought my own pillow and didn't really need it:confused:

Here is the description of the pillow.

A New Generation in pillow technology provides the highest quality, most down-like pillow available. Manufactured with our unique, totally non-allergenic micro fiber fill and high thread count ticking which resists stains. Simply the finest, softest, highest quality, non-allergenic pillow available today.

In 2008 i cruised on the Triumph and never slept better in my life! Fell asleep fast and slept sound....loved it! :p

I could not wait until my 2009 cruise on the Liberty for a number of reasons but one of them was because of their "comfort mattress". I was disappointed...don't know what happened but the mattress was not the same. :mad:

Do all of the ships have the "comfort mattresses" or just selective ships.

We always bring along a queen size aerobed when we travel and put it on top of whatever mattress the hotel or cruise ship has. Having slept on a waterbed for years, it's the only thing that comes close. We just refuse leaving having a comfortable bed to chance. Room stewards / housekeeping never complain and always figure out a way to get their sheets to fit it (yes, we tip a little extra as well for the special service).

I have heard about *new* bedding since we last cruised (2004)...I know this is subjective, but are the beds comfortable? I like the feel of pillow top mattresses and will wake up with a back ache if the bed is too firm...also, I sleep on a 100% down pillow-do I need to bring my own? Seems like the last time I brought my own pillow and didn't really need it:confused:

I sleep better on a cruise than I do at home, but will you like it? Only you can answer that.

The beds are comparable to what I have slept on in luxury hotels (Mark Hopkins in San Fran & the Westin in Savannah). They are very comfy. I do bring my own pillow though...but that is just how I am. No matter where I go, I take my own pillow.

It wouldn't hurt to bring your own pillow. But I love Carnival's beds! On my Holiday cruise, I had the best 5 nights sleep ever, even the night we were encountering the monsterous waves and water was splashing against my porthole.:eek: I've slept on an upper twice and a sofa bed once, and even those are very comfortable.

In 2008 i cruised on the Triumph and never slept better in my life! Fell asleep fast and slept sound....loved it! :p

I could not wait until my 2009 cruise on the Liberty for a number of reasons but one of them was because of their "comfort mattress". I was disappointed...don't know what happened but the mattress was not the same. :mad:

Do all of the ships have the "comfort mattresses" or just selective ships.

I had the same experience. I could not believe how great the mattress was on the Triumph. The next cruise I went on ( I think it was the Liberty) the mattress was not even close. I think my mattress on the Triumph was new. The ship had just received them within a few months of when I sailed. I still sleep fine on all my cruises, the Triumph was just better.

I think I'm the only one out there, but the mattresses are a little too firm for me. I always wake up with a backache as does my DH. They aren't bad enough to keep me from cruising, but they don't seem to have enough "give" to them to keep my spine lined up right during the night. :(

Archived