Mr Comparisons review

schmidlapp

Thank you Mr Comparison for a positve review of the Journey. (found in the reviews section of this website)

It is unfortunate that you had to slam the loudmouth rumor mongering

Americans on the ship. What positive effect does that comment make?

Our past sailings on the Journey found us making friends with fellow passengers from a number of nations including some very kind and fun

Brits. We found that with the international mix, we ran into some,( not a lot ) of rude and unfriendly passengers that were also very international, not just American.

Come on now, lets all try to get along, Azamara is positioning themselves as an international line comments like that will only cause friction between passengers. Hopefully if and when we run into each other on a future Azamara cruise, you will think of us as polite and proper Americans.

A very nice review and one that gives me hope again that our first A cruise will be as good/close to O cruises we have taken before.

I thought that this particular comment, however, was in very poor taste and uncalled for:

Mind you, quite how some of the vast, unsightly, overweight passengers (mainly Americans) fit into the bathroom kept us guessing.

I am more of a "normal" size person but I am sensitive to these types of ignorant remarks. I hope they were well amused by their "guessing" game during the cruise, seeing that the entertainment was so poor (2 out of 5).

OMG, what a horrible thing to say and overgeneralizing certainly. I saw on the news this week that while Americans are ahead in the World's most Obese category...the UK is a close second...Definitely not a kind comment at all. I have much more important things to do on my vacation than to slam other nationalities...unless that is their sick idea of having a good time.:eek:

maybe i should go over to the smoothie bar thread that is

inquiring about protien powder

and ask this question....

if i bring my ultra slim fast powder will the smoothie bar make me a shake???

because after 24 days onboard indulging on yummy stuff that could make me the entertainment of the cruise for this passenger!!!

I believe Chef Jaime Oliver began his quest to eliminate obesity

in the UK 1st before he arrived on our shores!!!!!!

Seriously, what a rude statement!

maybe i should go over to the smoothie bar thread that is

inquiring about protien powder

and ask this question....

if i bring my ultra slim fast powder will the smoothie bar make me a shake???

because after 24 days onboard indulging on yummy stuff that could make me the entertainment of the cruise for this passenger!!!

I believe Chef Jaime Oliver began his quest to eliminate obesity

in the UK 1st before he arrived on our shores!!!!!!

Seriously, what a rude statement!

yeah, I am sorry...I really do not like to make assumptions regarding people, but this entire review was condescending and rude in my opinion.

Hi Everyone !

One of my all-time favorite things about Cruising, is being honored to meet new & old friends from all around the World. I have learned so many wonderful things from valued Cruise friends from other parts of the World. It is a total joy for me.

With that said, I try my best to keep this board very friendly. I do not care to see our members get into a debate of what was said, and see negative comments about other members.... whether I agree with it, or not :). I feel we should let this discussion come to an end. I am closing this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Everyone !

One of my all-time favorite things about Cruising, is being honored to meet new & old friends from all around the World. I have learned so many wonderful things from valued Cruise friends from other parts of the World. It is a total joy for me.

With that said, I try my best to keep this board very friendly. I do not care to see our members get into a debate of what was said, and see negative comments about other members.... whether I agree with it, or not :). I feel we should let this discussion come to an end. I am closing this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

No problem, althought I thought it was civil...and I agree about the friends part...amazing the people I have met. It could have gone down hill fast.

So what about Mr. Comparison's review? Obviously he is a man of high standards (in his opinion, at least!) - I'm actually glad to hear he was impressed with most aspects of the Journey since there have been quite a few nay-sayers lately.

Since Host Andy wants us to "play nice" I won't lobby any shots at Brits on vacation.

So what about Mr. Comparison's review? Obviously he is a man of high standards (in his opinion, at least!) - I'm actually glad to hear he was impressed with most aspects of the Journey since there have been quite a few nay-sayers lately.

Since Host Andy wants us to "play nice" I won't lobby any shots at Brits on vacation.

Yes, it is a good idea...we do not want to stoop to those standards...remember how overgeneralizing is a dangerous road to take...and he definitely did that.:cool:

Archived