New air program for 2010 Europe

schmidlapp

Has anyone used Choice Air for their air booking to Europe this year.

I see Azamara is now offering in additon to the $500 shipboard credit,

a $500 per person air credit if your air is booked thru Choiceair.com

Choice Air is run by Royal Caribbean, Azamaras parent company.

There is a promo code CHS that needs to be used and according to Azamaras website you can pick your own flights and times.

I have not checked their pricing to see if they are competetive with what is out there. You need to use the Azamara gatway cities for departure which may be a drawback for some of us....

I wanted to see what Choice Air is all about even though I already have my air bookings. Could not access the web site. Then I went to an Azamara page that said "click here" for choice air terms and conditions and it took me to something called "Cruisingpower.com" which is also an RCL, Celebrity, Azamara website of some kind.

So I don't get it.

Art

Choice Air is usually extremely competitive in terms of pricing. When we booked our transatlantic earlier this year they were far and away the best price for what we needed. Well worth checking out.

we booked one member of our group through choice air because his timing was a lot tighter than the rest of ours. It runs a little higher than the fares I could find myself (around $50-$100), but they have some really good choices that are hard to find anywhere else and it comes with Azamara's backing, so it's worth it to check out.

we booked one member of our group through choice air because his timing was a lot tighter than the rest of ours. It runs a little higher than the fares I could find myself (around $50-$100), but they have some really good choices that are hard to find anywhere else and it comes with Azamara's backing, so it's worth it to check out.

What is Azamara's backing?

Also, are these consolidator fares or not? It makes a difference in terms of whether you can get FFmile points and also if you can be put on another flight should you be delayed or flight canceled.

... it comes with Azamara's backing, so it's worth it to check out.

What kind of "backing"? As I understand it, if you miss your flight (for whatever reason) you're on your own. I found this on the Azamara web site:

"We will not refund airline tickets due to a missed flight. While we will work with our guests and airline partners, any additional costs will be the responsibility of the guest. Tickets are subject to the airlines rules and penalties."

Here is a quote from the Azamara website "On the day of your travel, your flights will be monitored and, if there is a delay or schedule change, Azamara will work with the airlines to "repair" the trip; to either get you to your port on an alternate flight, or if necessary, to the next available port". Of course if you miss a flight because you are late to the airport- you are out of luck- but if there is an unavoidable delay Azamara will step in and work with the airlines, handy if you are on a tight schedule.

I was looking at this site for a late Oct. cruise Rome to Athens - it said no flights found? am I too early to access this service?

If it's the October 22nd, 2010 cruise, flight prices are shown when you go through the booking process on Azamara's website.

Susan M - well it doesn't work for me - I put in Oct. 20 and Nov. 4 using Atlanta - no flights found. Is it because my booking is thru a travel agent? but I did enter my booking number and it pulled up our names.

Hi Sue,

Were you able to book Choice Air through your TA?

According to the email offer that I received, it appears that you would need to book directly with Azamara to use the Choice Air website:

Booking is as easy as 1,2,3...

1. Book your voyage with your Travel Professional, by calling 877.999.9553 or click the "book now" link below. Ask for price code CHS.

2. Go to ChoiceAir.com to book your flight (or ask your Travel Professional or our reservations staff to do it for you).

3. Once ChoiceAir has been booked, the $500 credit per person will automatically be applied to your reservation.

Archived