Hate tequila, what do you drink on the beach in Mexico?

toezinthesand

I know it's a weird question....but I really, really hate tequila. I try to like it. I like the idea of margarita's. But I just really don't enjoy them. I like beer, but sometimes you want something a little fancier.

So, what do you drink while lounging on the beach?

I know it's a weird question....but I really, really hate tequila. I try to like it. I like the idea of margarita's. But I just really don't enjoy them. I like beer, but sometimes you want something a little fancier.

So, what do you drink while lounging on the beach?

I drink beer, mostly - and if I'm a really good mood, rum and Diet Coke/Pepsi (with lots of lime). Margaritas are almost exclusively ordered by foreign tourists which is a turn-off for me, but more than that the sweet/sour mix upsets my stomach. A Piña Colada can be a nice drink, though - a large one in a 'fish bowl' style glass, frothy with the coconut milk and rum. Ummm!

It depends on how open you are to fruity drinks. Pina Coladas are good, and made with rum. You could also drink Mai Tais, or any number of other fruity, alcoholic drinks. The important thing is if you like the sweet and alcohol combination. If you aren't into sweeter drinks, and you want to avoid tequila, I'd recommend you keep it to beer or the classic drinks, like martinis, gin and tonics, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a beer drinker to but when I am in the mood for something else it's always rum baby! I don't like hard liquor but with rum you can make so many easy drinking things like:

pina/strawberry colada, rum/planters/trinidad punch, mai tai, bahama mama, blue hawaiian, beachcomber, hurricane oh the list can go on and on and so would I if I didn't shut myself up!:p

I'm a beer drinker to but when I am in the mood for something else it's always rum baby! I don't like hard liquor but with rum you can make so many easy drinking things like:

pina/strawberry colada, rum/planters/trinidad punch, mai tai, bahama mama, blue hawaiian, beachcomber, hurricane oh the list can go on and on and so would I if I didn't shut myself up!:p

Not sure if it's too late for the OP, but last year and even when we were in Mexico earlier this year, the new popular drink was a "Miami Vice". It's half pina colada, half strawberry daquiri. They're delicious and make a very pretty fru fru drink.

Gin, lime, and rocks. But since I have yet to cruise or visit mexico, I have no idea if I will be able to find any good gin there. Maybe someone can help me with that question.:confused: Bombay or Tanqueray?

You will easily find those down there :)

Archived