Aft cabin please help me decide?

2 great corner aft cabins have just opened up on a cruise I've been watching and I've put them both on hold. They are on Independence and I have to decide between Deck 7, 7708 and Deck 10, 1700.

The only problem is I don't know which one to book. I have stayed in 1400 which I loved - so I'm more inclined to book 1700 but 7708 is considerably cheaper at the moment. I know the cabin is smaller on 7708 but looking at pictures it looks like the balcony is huge? Is the structure/overhang on deck 7 going to drive me mad or will I not notice it so much on the corner? Does the sun get through?

Has anyone been in both who can give me a comparrison between the 2? I'd really appreciate any imput. What would you do? Thankyou :p

We stayed in 7708 last october.... I do believe it has more sun than deck 10 and the balcony is the largest on the ship ecept for the royal suite.

7708 was great and we had the 2 os us and our 5 year old. Plenty of room!

Oh! but do remember, aft cabins are haunted! :eek:......

I have been in both and like the others have said 1700 is larger as it is a D1. I believe that I had read that it is close in size to a junior suite. There is more superstructure on deck 7 but that balcony is very large as well. 7708 balcony is covered, I don't really remember about 1700. For me it would depend on the price difference. If there are more than 2people I would definately go with 1700. You can't go wrong with either choice Good luck

edit Just noticed you had said considerably less for 7708. I would take that one and save the $$$$

Archived