Caribbean 2011/2012

chessbriar

Keep in mind, last year X released their itineraries then about 2 months later pulled two ships back to the Caribbean. Then later sent CN back to Europe.

I would not be surprised to see one of the S class ships come back.

With nothing yet released for Mercury, it could mean one of 2 things, she is going to TUI in May 2011 or they had plans to send her and due to economy putting it off of another year and are trying to create itineraries for her.

We'll see what happens. Nothing is set in stone

Hi Rick !

I totally agree. While there is no Celebrity ship in the Caribbean in Summer 2011 at the moment, it can always change, and I suspect it will. At this point, I feel that Europe is over-deployed for Summer 2011. Celebrity (and other Cruise lines) may be doing this to get a feeler to see how the Europe itineraries sell. If any of them do not do well, Celebrity may reconsider redeploying 1 ship to the Caribbean for Summer 2011 at some point. There is still plenty of time for Celebrity to make changes.

Another rumor I heard on Equinox last week, was that if Mercury does not leave the fleet by Summer 2011, she may sail the Caribbean. I think this is a bit of a longshot, though anything is possible.

One thing I noticed.... when Celebrity listed their Europe deployments, Mercury was missing from the list, and currently does not have any European itineraries posted for Summer 2011 on the Celebrity website. Perhaps there will be changes to Mercury's deployment, or as Rick said, maybe she's leaving a bit sooner than planned. Time will tell.

Another thanks to Chessbriar for sharing these with us. I had been eager to see the Christmas itineraries, but it looks like more of same ol', same ol'. I'm so disappointed. This will forever be one of my biggest complaints about Celebrity - they change their itineraries every ten years, if that. :rolleyes: It really forces you to try other lines if you want to see someplace new.

Another thanks to Chessbriar for sharing these with us. I had been eager to see the Christmas itineraries, but it looks like more of same ol', same ol'. I'm so disappointed. This will forever be one of my biggest complaints about Celebrity - they change their itineraries every ten years, if that. :rolleyes: It really forces you to try other lines if you want to see someplace new.

As I look at Princess and RCCL, they too seemed have fallen into the same old same old.

I have only been cruising for 9 years and have seen some big changes in X's itineraries. Unfortunately, it's more toward the bland.

Galaxy - 7 night from San Juan, 10/11 nights Western from Baltimore, 11/12 night Panama Canal from Galveston, 10/11 nights from San Juan

Mercury - 7 night Western(including stops in Meridia and Progresso Mexico), Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal/Hawaii, New Zealand, 2008 scheduled to take over Galaxy's San Juan run only to be moved to Baltimore and Charleston

Century - 7 night east/west Caribbean runs, 9/5 night cruises, then refurbed and set on the 4/5/5 night cruises.

Horizon did 10/11 night Panama Canal cruises from Tampa

Connie used to do Hawaii and Panama Canal runs, now doing 14 night Caribbean

Zenith did cruises from Jacksonville

Millie was to do New Zealand only to be moved to take over the Mercury runs in San Juan

This is more about cruises X really doesn't do any more. Solstice/Eclipse now does a neutered version of Millie's boring eastern Caribbean run. Equinox does a version of Summit's 10/11 night runs. Summit does Galaxy's old San Juan run. Eclipse/Solstice is doing a neutered version of Century's old east/west runs

These are things I remember off the top of my head. In the past, X seemed to try and be more creative. In the last 2-3 years, they have become very bland. I know many of us hoped with the addition of new ships we would see some next itineraries, not so. The larger ships are limited to where they can go eliminating some wonderful possibilities. Look at the Azamara Caribbean cruises and you will see ports that cannot be done with today's larger ships. With fewer ports ships can go to and with more larger ships, the itineraries will continue to be boring.

With the rumors of 2 more X ships after the 5th S class ship(expect another 2 X class ships) it's only going to get worse.

Hi Rick !

I totally agree. While there is no Celebrity ship in the Caribbean in Summer 2011 at the moment, it can always change, and I suspect it will. At this point, I feel that Europe is over-deployed for Summer 2011. Celebrity (and other Cruise lines) may be doing this to get a feeler to see how the Europe itineraries sell. If any of them do not do well, Celebrity may reconsider redeploying 1 ship to the Caribbean for Summer 2011 at some point. There is still plenty of time for Celebrity to make changes.

Another rumor I heard on Equinox last week, was that if Mercury does not leave the fleet by Summer 2011, she may sail the Caribbean. I think this is a bit of a longshot, though anything is possible.

One thing I noticed.... when Celebrity listed their Europe deployments, Mercury was missing from the list, and currently does not have any European itineraries posted for Summer 2011 on the Celebrity website. Perhaps there will be changes to Mercury's deployment, or as Rick said, maybe she's leaving a bit sooner than planned. Time will tell.

Equinox stays in Europe in 2011...

Celebrity wrote that they are happy to go to Europe with all Solstice-class-ships (and I am too) :)

There will no ship in Caribbean in summer (but I don't think that this is bad...)

I think Mercury will leave the fleet after her final Caribbean Cruise in April 2011... (Someone says something about a transatlantic itinerary from Charleston to Hamburg which starts the 22nd April. I think than the ship will be rebuilt to the second TUI cruise ship)

I posted almost the exact same guess as to deployments a few days agon on another thread ....... The only thing I got "wrong" was the itins for Eclipse and Equinox. I guessed Eclipse on 10/11 nighters and Exquinox on 7 nighters.

I am more and more thinking that Mercury's last "hoorah" will be a 14-17 night Transatlantic Charleston-Hamburg on April 22nd 2011, then she will go into the shipyard for her refit into "Mein Schiff 2" for TUI ......:( It makes sense to refit her in the spring so TUI can get a full summer of top yiedling cruises out of her before the lower yielding winter season.

Where have you found this information about Mercury?

Equinox stays in Europe in 2011...

Hi Celebrity Fan !

That's not accurate. She will do Europe during Summer 2011, and then Equinox will sail 10/11 night Caribbean during the Winter 2011/ Spring 2012 season.

Archived