Crown Grill sample menu - for Star Princess in particular

souyouki

So I'm looking for some sample menus for the Crown Grill - and here's the most recent related thread that I can find:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1173257

For anyone who has done the Crown Grill on the Star Princess recently, how consistent do you find the actual Crown Grill menu on Star Princess with the sample menu? Your thoughts and comments are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Haven't sailed on the Star yet but for what it's worth, I've never heard that the Crown Grill menu varies from ship to ship -- I think you're safe relying on that menu for awhile, since it was posted so recently.

Haven't sailed on the Star yet but for what it's worth, I've never heard that the Crown Grill menu varies from ship to ship -- I think you're safe relying on that menu for awhile, since it was posted so recently.

We ate at the Crown Grill on the Ruby 3 times 2 weeks ago... that menu looks identical to what was on the Ruby... also it is the same as is on the Crown Princess.

So, it does seem to be the same across the ships..and it is a great menu....

We ate at the Crown Grill on the Ruby 3 times 2 weeks ago... that menu looks identical to what was on the Ruby... also it is the same as is on the Crown Princess.

So, it does seem to be the same across the ships..and it is a great menu....

The Crown Grill menu is the same on all the newer ships.

Some of the older ships hadn't fully made the transition to the full Crown Grill menu yet (maybe they have now). For example, last July on the Star Princess - it id not have the full seafood section available. It was still a good menu but it wasn't fully a Crown Grill yet. Ironically, I had better food on the Star Princess with a smaller menu then I did on the Crown Princess's Crown Grill.

Thank you to everyone for the feedback!

I'm actually kind of waffling between doing the Crown Grill and Sabatini's for my upcoming Star Princess sailing... when I was on the Star in January 2009, I wanted to take my travel companions to either the Crown Grill or Sabatini's (ended up doing neither due to cost consciousness :( ) I had gravitated a little towards Sabatini's because I think my travel companions would enjoy all the Italian-style desserts. On the other hand, I was also somewhat concerned about Sabatini's antipasti-->pasta-->entree-->dessert serving format, because we would potentially be eating so much that we couldn't even finish our chosen entrees, let alone dessert, which would potentially ruin our enjoyment.

So would anyone who has tried desserts on the Crown Grill (especially on Star Princess, but feedback applying to non-Star ships are also welcome) have any recommendations in that area? Again, thanks in advance!

The Crown Grill menu is the same on all the newer ships.

Some of the older ships hadn't fully made the transition to the full Crown Grill menu yet (maybe they have now). For example, last July on the Star Princess - it id not have the full seafood section available. It was still a good menu but it wasn't fully a Crown Grill yet. Ironically, I had better food on the Star Princess with a smaller menu then I did on the Crown Princess's Crown Grill.

Would you perhaps remember which seafood items were the ones that had been missing when you were on the Star?

Given that the Crown Grill is a steak and seafood restaurant... I would obviously want to give the "turf" a try. But as a big fan of seafood, I'm also interested in what kind of "surf" would potentially be missing...

So would anyone who has tried desserts on the Crown Grill (especially on Star Princess, but feedback applying to non-Star ships are also welcome) have any recommendations in that area? Again, thanks in advance!

All the desserts are fantastic but I have been getting The Crown Dependence which is sampling of 4 of the featured desserts... a very nice way to go...

I, too, am a seafood fan.... on our last visit, while I love the pork chop as the main course, as appetizers, I asked for smaller versions of two seafood entrees..the Prince Edward Mussel Pot and the clams and sausage... it was fantastic. Actually, they brough out regular portions which were not too big after all...

Would you perhaps remember which seafood items were the ones that had been missing when you were on the Star?

Given that the Crown Grill is a steak and seafood restaurant... I would obviously want to give the "turf" a try. But as a big fan of seafood, I'm also interested in what kind of "surf" would potentially be missing...

When I ate in the Crown Grill on the Star in October, the lobster was not available. They said the kitchen was not able to prepare it for lack of proper space. They had not renovated the restaurant during the drydock. They gave me prawns in its place. There was no added charge as there would have been for lobster.

I asked why they couldn't get lobster from the main dining room galley and bring it to the steakhouse. No answer was given.

Archived