Zuiderdam secrets?

LindaKE

Are there any secrets that most uninformed cruisers may miss on the Zuiderdm? As an example of what I'm asking, I'll give this. On the Spirit, there was a crepe station on the Lido buffet at night. Since we always ate in the MDR, we would have missed this if I hadn't read about it here on CC an gone looking for it. It made a wonderful snack after a show or an alternate dessert. The Spirit also had a great observation deck aft that overlooked the children's pool. It was deserted most of the time, so adults got a wonderful aft view in a quiet spot. Since we're going to Alaska, this would be heaven. Again, I wouldn't have known to look for it if I hadn't read about it on CC.

Thanks!

Are there any secrets that most uninformed cruisers may miss on the Zuiderdm? As an example of what I'm asking, I'll give this. On the Spirit, there was a crepe station on the Lido buffet at night. Since we always ate in the MDR, we would have missed this if I hadn't read about it here on CC an gone looking for it. It made a wonderful snack after a show or an alternate dessert. The Spirit also had a great observation deck aft that overlooked the children's pool. It was deserted most of the time, so adults got a wonderful aft view in a quiet spot. Since we're going to Alaska, this would be heaven. Again, I wouldn't have known to look for it if I hadn't read about it on CC.

Thanks!

Hmm... let's see...

The forward portions of decks 5, 6 and 7 are all public viewing decks.

The selections for Ice Cream in the Lido and the various meats/burgers in the Terrace Grill change daily (some things will remain constant)

If you're new to HAL, there are hot and cooked to order breakfast items on the room service menu.

The Pinnacle Bar is one of only a couple (I believe Ocean Bar may also) lounges that feature the Grey Goose Martini menu. Try the yellow tulip :)

There is occasionally a bar happy hour that features 2 for 1 drinks in a couple select locations. Check the Daily Program for details.

Decks 5, 6, and 7, got it. DH will love the availability of ice cream. After he got used to getting it on our first cruise on Carnival, that was his biggest complaint when he couldn't get it on other cruises. (That was the biggest positive we could give Carnival. We're not "fun ship" fans.)

Is the full menu available for supper if you're not in a suite? We usually eat at the Lido buffet for breakfast, but room service might be wonderful after a long day in port.

Is the full menu available for supper if you're not in a suite? We usually eat at the Lido buffet for breakfast, but room service might be wonderful after a long day in port.

I think you're asking if the dining room menu is available for room service, regardless of cabin category?

If so, then yes, it is. There's just not as much room to spread out to eat it in the other cabins.

Hmm... let's see...

The forward portions of decks 5, 6 and 7 are all public viewing decks.

The selections for Ice Cream in the Lido and the various meats/burgers in the Terrace Grill change daily (some things will remain constant)

If you're new to HAL, there are hot and cooked to order breakfast items on the room service menu.

The Pinnacle Bar is one of only a couple (I believe Ocean Bar may also) lounges that feature the Grey Goose Martini menu. Try the yellow tulip :)

There is occasionally a bar happy hour that features 2 for 1 drinks in a couple select locations. Check the Daily Program for details.

Are the forward viewing areas on decks 5, 6, and 7 accessible right at the front of the ship?

Are the forward viewing areas on decks 5, 6, and 7 accessible right at the front of the ship?

Yes. Just keep walking forward until you think you should leave a breadcrumb trail so you can find your way back. Eventually there will be a very heavy door straight ahead. It's a high step to get outside.

Yes. Just keep walking forward until you think you should leave a breadcrumb trail so you can find your way back. Eventually there will be a very heavy door straight ahead. It's a high step to get outside.

Thank you!!!!! We have not booked yet for 2011 Alaska...looking and trying to decide:D (half the fun, right?)

Archived