Cab fare from...

tgr2387

Just wondering what the approximate cost for a cab from Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport-South to Port Everglades is. We know they offer a shuttle for a fee but we like to keep our options open. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

i just booked my hotel for 7/30 on Hotwire for the Hyatt Place Airport South (for $62) :D anywho...the hotel is on 18th Ave and offers port service for $8 a person which is not bad but im traveling with a family of 7. Do you know how much it would be to have a van/cab take us? or a regular cab take us to the port?

just north of the hotel you will find an Outback Steakhouse, There is a liquor store on 17th st just North of you also. There are a bunch of fast food places if that's your liking on 17th also. A little farther North there is a Publix supermarket but you might need a car to get there. Look each of them up on the net for exact directions. There are a lot of things on 17th. Cab/van from your hotel to cruise port is about $10-$15. Luggage would be the issue. Might need two cabs. The lobby will be full in the morning with cruisers. I've stayed at the comfort suites 3 rtimes on rt 1 between 17th and 18th. Taken the shuttle and cabs when needed.

i just booked my hotel for 7/30 on Hotwire for the Hyatt Place Airport South (for $62) :D anywho...the hotel is on 18th Ave and offers port service for $8 a person which is not bad but im traveling with a family of 7. Do you know how much it would be to have a van/cab take us? or a regular cab take us to the port?

Two cabs at approx. $20 each. Less than if you use a shuttle and pay per person. ($8 x 7 = $56) Personally we like cabs as we can come and go on OUR schedule.

just north of the hotel you will find an Outback Steakhouse, There is a liquor store on 17th st just North of you also. There are a bunch of fast food places if that's your liking on 17th also. A little farther North there is a Publix supermarket but you might need a car to get there. Look each of them up on the net for exact directions. There are a lot of things on 17th. Cab/van from your hotel to cruise port is about $10-$15. Luggage would be the issue. Might need two cabs. The lobby will be full in the morning with cruisers. I've stayed at the comfort suites 3 rtimes on rt 1 between 17th and 18th. Taken the shuttle and cabs when needed.

Thanks Darien for the tips about what we will find in the area. seems like everything is within close proximity of the hotel. thanks again.

i just booked my hotel for 7/30 on Hotwire for the Hyatt Place Airport South (for $62)

darienill........Chill636 is asking about the Hyatt Place Airport South in Dania. Your answer in post # 6 is what's close to the Hyatt Place Airport North. Just don't want to give Chill the wrong information.

• 2 weeks later...

Chill636, Just booked Summerfield Suites on Hotwire for $59 a night and have asked all the helpful CC members and received lots of info. Look under Ft. Lauderdale FAQ topic and three and 1/2 star hotel topic. Basically, Oakwood Mall across the street. Did research on that and came up with many stores, fast foods, etc. Kmart there and they might sell beer but liquor can't be sure. Just booked yesterday so don't know too much. Hyatt Place South and Summerfield are supposed to be next door and pretty new too. I think we got great prices. Enjoy your stay. If you find out more or are going before April2011, please post info!!!

Melody

Chill636, Just booked Summerfield Suites on Hotwire for $59 a night and have asked all the helpful CC members and received lots of info. Look under Ft. Lauderdale FAQ topic and three and 1/2 star hotel topic. Basically, Oakwood Mall across the street. Did research on that and came up with many stores, fast foods, etc. Kmart there and they might sell beer but liquor can't be sure. Just booked yesterday so don't know too much. Hyatt Place South and Summerfield are supposed to be next door and pretty new too. I think we got great prices. Enjoy your stay. If you find out more or are going before April2011, please post info!!!

Melody

I think we sure did get GREAT deals!! thanks a bunch for your help and tip!!!!

Archived