Carnival Crew Member

AllSmiles31

Pretty soon there will be facial recognition technology to help manage the photos, and maybe will let guests find the photos easier.

One of the recent Dream reviews stated that this has already implemented! :)

Congrats on the job! I hope it is everything you've dreamed of. So looking forward to reading your blog as a job on a cruise ship is something so many dream of, but few North Americans dare persue. We love having our pictures taken onboard, great memories of great times. Good luck!

If you are on the Sensation for six months, then we will be bumping into you at end of your training! We sail Oct 14. The Sensation can be very crazy during the summer - we sailed last August and it was packed. My son loves to cruise and has asked to not go then as there were too many kids then.

The decor I found a little strange - liked the Fantasy a bit better. But if you have family that travels to Orlando, they can come see you for bit as you are there twice a week.

Comfortable shoes would be important! As the floors you will be taking a lot of the formal pictures on are very hard.

How awesome! Did I see you may be on the Spirit after your training? We'll be sailing her in Sept. :)

I have bookmarked your blog - can't wait to follow your adventure. Have fun!! :)

Thats where he might send me. But I wont know until I get there. :)

Congratulations! You did say the Sensation, right?? We will be onboard on 2 May. We will look you up! It would be cool if you were doing the Embarcation pics!

Yay! Please do!

How does one sign onto your blog. I have no link on your post. Thanks

The link is under my name :)

Congratulations on the job!!!

I will be following your blog and living life through you vicariously. What a great way to experience life. Good Luck!!

By the way, we will be on the Sensation doing B2B May 2nd and May 6th. I will try to stop by to say hello.

Wow everyone, I can't believe how fast my blog is taking off! I'm so excited!

Thank you guys sooooo sooo much!

Congratulations on the job!!!

I will be following your blog and living life through you vicariously. What a great way to experience life. Good Luck!!

By the way, we will be on the Sensation doing B2B May 2nd and May 6th. I will try to stop by to say hello.

o0o Please do!!!

Courtney,

Congrats to you! I am sure you will do a great job and love being on the ship!

I have read the blog and cannot think of anything else to bring with you...your recruiter sounds like a gem! :) What a great help to you!

Enjoy your last couple of days in Cali...go have an in-n-out shake for me--I really miss in-n-out. :)

Will keep reading the blog...its a different view working for the cruise line versus being a guest, will be interesting to see your insight. :)

Have a great time...Alice

Here's a tip...

Go to the drugstore and buy some Bonine (sea sickness medicine) and start taking it a couple of days before you get on the sip. And then take one each morning until you get used to the motion.

Ashley :)

Yea...be sure to check out that contract about writing blogs etc.....Some companies are very, very strict, and being a contracted worker, they could dismiss you for just about anything I bet... Not to dampen your mood, just be careful. Plus isn't internet time expensive on the ship, I'm sure you have to pay, maybe not as much as passengers, but still.

Someone mentioned about additional duties, I know on our Legend cruise last year one of the ships photographers was always dressed up at the port to have your photo taken, she was a pirate one day and so on. I just remember her because she was the blondest pirate I had ever seen.....hahaha.

Either way have fun and don't worry about that Cruise Confidential book, IMHO, that guy is full of B.S. to sell books. I'm sure some of it is true but not all of it, I just don't believe him.

Don't overpack! That's my biggest advice.

Bring some beach wear, casual wear and a formal outfit or two incase you want to go to the Disco.

A portable gaming system like Nintendo DS or PSP is a life saver.

From a fellow Carnival employee.

Archived