New to Carnival - simple question... :)

TurnLeftKasey

I have been on RCCL before - so I am familar with their WOW sale which is 1/2 off deposits and free OBC.

My question is: Does Carnival have the same, if so, what time of the year is it and what does it normally include - such as 1/2 off deposits/OBC, etc.

Thanks much guys!

Jennifer

I have been on RCCL before - so I am familar with their WOW sale which is 1/2 off deposits and free OBC.

My question is: Does Carnival have the same, if so, what time of the year is it and what does it normally include - such as 1/2 off deposits/OBC, etc.

Thanks much guys!

Jennifer

Generally no reduced deposits. Deposits are by length of cruise:

CTN Cruises $50 non-refundable

3 Day Cruises $100 pp

4 Day Cruises $150 pp

5 Day Cruises $200 pp

6,7 Day Cruises $250 pp

8 Day Cruises $300

Alakska Cruises $350

10+ Day Cruises $400

Europe Cruises $500

You can checkout Cruise Critic sponsored cruises on this board, that generally offer $25 or $50 deposits.

You have to "shop" the best deal with Carnival. Sometimes they offer upgrades at time of booking. Checkout "Early Saver" bookings on the website.

ken

So if I am reading this correctly - they never have a set free on board credit offer - that you've seen?

I know RCCL usually does their WOW sales in May, and I wanted to book another cruise soon - but wanted to try Carnival for the first time, just wondered if they offered similar specials.

Sounds like they don't. But the CC reduced deposit sounds good - for $25 to $50.

So if I am reading this correctly - they never have a set free on board credit offer - that you've seen?

I know RCCL usually does their WOW sales in May, and I wanted to book another cruise soon - but wanted to try Carnival for the first time, just wondered if they offered similar specials.

Sounds like they don't. But the CC reduced deposit sounds good - for $25 to $50.

there have been sales that included free OBC (and upgrades and such) ... what the poster said in ansnwer to your question is there are not sales that have reduced deposit, which is what I thought you asked too.

You can also buy a future cruise certificate, on many Carnival ships, that unlike RCC is combinable with other OBC including stockholders.

Hope this clarifys things a bit.

Generally no reduced deposits. Deposits are by length of cruise:

ken

quoted what he said and what you repeated he said.

he said no reduced deposits .. and you commented he said no OBC sales...

Oh, but Carnival has something that's MUCH better!

The BIGGEST, ONE DAY SALE EVER!

(which they used to offer almost every month, and it would run for a few days at a time...) :rolleyes:

Archived