Ft. Lauderdale hotel with nice beach and shuttle

yellowsnow

I am using a $140 priceline credit to book one night of hotel before our cruise. We looked into the W, but we were turned off that they don't offer shuttles. We would like something that is a little bit more than a bed to sleep, we'd like to begin to steam off at this hotel, so beach access and pool is a must. Also the shuttle is a must. Food or drinks included would be a plus but I can't say I've ever seen any of those.

Any ideas of what could be a good match?

Why is your choice dependent on a shuttle? It is very inexpensive to cab from the airport and to the port. Most shuttles will be at hotels near the airport inland. Not for beach hotels.

You are correct you will not find all inclusives.

Have you checked out tripadvisor for reviews and location/map info? That's where you should start. Then come back here for personal experiences with the few you are interested in.

None of the beach hotels offer a shuttle...choose your hotel and get a cab....should be under $25...and there are no all inclusives...that is mainly a caribbean/mexico thing...

You can hop the sun trolley to get around and find places to eat, or you can walk.

The Courtyard by Marriott is opposite the beach (but probably not that much on PL depending on when you go....)

Book the hotel you want and get a cab....same for getting there from the airport if that's what you will be doing.

You will not get everything you want....so you should get into that mindset and find the hotel you really like. The Harbor Beach Marriott is lovely as well.

That is good to know that no beach area hotels have shuttle to port. Hopefully most have shuttle from airport? We were just hoping to find one with shuttle included because if some hotels include it in the price, it does save us $25 or whatever for a taxi, but I suppose it's not that big of a deal and we have no choice if we want a beach hotel. I'll look into the hotels that have been recommended. Thanks!

That is good to know that no beach area hotels have shuttle to port. Hopefully most have shuttle from airport? We were just hoping to find one with shuttle included because if some hotels include it in the price, it does save us $25 or whatever for a taxi, but I suppose it's not that big of a deal and we have no choice if we want a beach hotel. I'll look into the hotels that have been recommended. Thanks!

No the beach hotels do not.

If you want something in the moderate range, look at the Bahia Mar. Get a tower room facing the ocean. Across the street from the beach (bridge takes you over it) and it's in a great location just a half block from the water taxi stop. Near restaurants and bars and you can walk to Las Olas pretty easily if you want.

...it does save us $25 or whatever for a taxi, but I suppose it's not that big of a deal and we have no choice if we want a beach hotel...

If a hotel on the beach is your number one priority and you are concerned with the number of trips via taxi, would you consider renting a car from the airport and then getting a beach hotel a little further out of town? That's what we are doing. Then, we will have full use of the car pre-cruise, and we can get around beautiful Fort Lauderdale easily.

Why don't you check into car rental rates and see if that suits you. Just a suggestion. :)

If you want something in the moderate range, look at the Bahia Mar. Get a tower room facing the ocean. Across the street from the beach (bridge takes you over it) and it's in a great location just a half block from the water taxi stop. Near restaurants and bars and you can walk to Las Olas pretty easily if you want.

This is a great option.

The Yankee Trader, formerly the Yankee Clipper is a wonderful Ft. Lauderdale hotel. Right on the beach and walking distance to night spots, restaurants, shops, etc.

WRONG - The Sheraton Yankee Trader is now the Westin. The Sheraton Yankee Clipper is now the Sheraton Fort Lauderale Beach Hotel. There is no more Yankee Trader.

Archived