All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

I was on the Empress deck and had perfect wi-fi in my stateroom. In fact, it was faster there than in the hotel we stayed at before we cruised. However, I imagine I was on the same deck as the wi-fi signal, so I am not really sure how it is on the lower decks.

do they charge for the wi-fi? Or are you only charged if you are in their computer lounge?

do they charge for the wi-fi? Or are you only charged if you are in their computer lounge?

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faqs/default.aspx?faq=internet+and+communications

I spent a while this morning trying to find a webcam of Port of Charleston, but wasn't successful. Assume she's arrived and ready for her inagural sailing.

Thanks!

Am I correct that there is no Charleston webcam that would show the port?

I am still looking. I know that there is a webcam that points at the port on top of the Ness Motley building but I cant find a link to it. :mad:

Still looking...

Thanks!

Am I correct that there is no Charleston webcam that would show the port?

To the best of my knowledge there is no webcam.

Sure was disappointed this morning not to see her docked already when I came to work. Think she was about 45 minutes late coming in. But she is there now and I intend to take a look at her on lunch break with camera in hand!

To the best of my knowledge there is no webcam.

Sure was disappointed this morning not to see her docked already when I came to work. Think she was about 45 minutes late coming in. But she is there now and I intend to take a look at her on lunch break with camera in hand!

She was at the mouth of the harbor by Sullivan's at 8:15am. Pretty cool. Where are you going to be taking pics from? I am going on my lunch break too. I am going to be on Wingo Way anyway so thinking about from the pier under the bridge.

Or Patriots Point

Edited by All4fun&fun4all
added a place

Anyone been to Pearlz Oyster Bar? I've got to have my oysters before a cruise and we've never sailed out of Charleston before. Is this a good place? How is the other food? Does anyone know if it's within walking distance from the Days Inn on Meeting Street?

Thanks for any replies!

We were watching Man vs. Food the other night and Adam Richman was in Charleston. He showed a place called Bowen's Island, where they harvest their own oysters, bring them back to the restaurant, and steam them. They bring them to your table in a shovel! All you can eat for $21.

Another place he visited was the Hominy Grill. The shrimp & grits looked to die for.

Looking forward to someone posting pictures of the Fantasy in the Port of Charleston today! Thanks for all the updates!

Alan

We were watching Man vs. Food the other night and Adam Richman was in Charleston. He showed a place called Bowen's Island, where they harvest their own oysters, bring them back to the restaurant, and steam them. They bring them to your table in a shovel! All you can eat for $21.

Another place he visited was the Hominy Grill. The shrimp & grits looked to die for.

Looking forward to someone posting pictures of the Fantasy in the Port of Charleston today! Thanks for all the updates!

Alan

We get our oysters from Bowen's Island! We have a neighbor who parks cars for events out there.

I am headed out around 1:30pm today to get those pics in port.

It does appear that they are boarding from ground level so there is no incline. And traffic is being routed from Calhoun Street to Concord St. Concord leads right up to where the tents are for unloading. At 12:30 today the traffic did not appear to be bad and it seemed that the shuttles and boarding were going smoothly.

Will keep working on the pics...

Great. Thank!

Our Roll Call folks really have NO IDEA when to head to the port on Sunday, since we don't have anyone's experience.

No point in getting there are 11:30 and having to sit for hours, but who wants to wait only to get there at 2 and find 2,000 other people arriving. Besides, I want my first "free" lunch on board!!!

:D

There's some good food advice on the East Coast Departures board in a thread started someone who lives in Charleston.

We get our oysters from Bowen's Island! We have a neighbor who parks cars for events out there.

I am headed out around 1:30pm today to get those pics in port.

How cool! It seemed like a fun adventure to drive out there and get a feel for the "real" SC coast. Look forward to your pictures.

It does appear that they are boarding from ground level so there is no incline. And traffic is being routed from Calhoun Street to Concord St. Concord leads right up to where the tents are for unloading. At 12:30 today the traffic did not appear to be bad and it seemed that the shuttles and boarding were going smoothly.

Will keep working on the pics...

Does that mean entering the ship on Deck 0? That's what we did on Fascination in Jax.

Forced us to take the elevator and pretty much told us to go up to Lido and get lunch.

I was hoping we'd board on Deck 3 and I could sneak to my cabin (I'm on Empress) to drop my carryon bags, since I'm sailing solo and don't want to haul them around the buffet.

Oh, whatever. I'll manage! I'm cruising in a few days!! :D