jhale

Show me your aft!

With the aft balconies being so popular, I thought it'd be fun to start a thread with pics of aft, aft-wraps on different ships.

I'll start with the Ecstasy E244

e244.jpg

22010E244.jpg

22010018.jpg

22010019.jpg

22010020.jpg

Thank you for starting this, Princess has the "Ultimate Aft Thread" which is incredibly helpful, I'm still waiting to find an aft cabin picture on the Splendor, we're in 6452 next to the aft wrap balcony, and we were just curious what the balcony looked like, I hope someone posts one, I've searched all over the internet to no avail.

I love this post.. We'll be in our FIRST AFT for October 2010.

Can't wait.

Thanks! I thought it'd be a neat idea. We had our first aft in February and have our next one booked for October on the Triumph. We looooooved it!

Hint - if anyone has a pic of cabin 7430 on the Triumph feel free to post ;)

What a great thread!! Although I must say that when going down the list quickly, it almost didn't look like you were asking to see aft...but another word that is used for a backend! LOL!!

Thanks for the giggle- it definitely made me do a double take...but I am looking forward to seeing more "aft" pictures so I can dream about the day I will be in one (((sigh...maybe one day!))) ;)

Wow, those balconies look luxurious!

The aft wraps on Spirit class ships are considered Suites.. they are bigger than the normal wraps on the Conquest ... Triumph and Victory..

I love this thread! We are sailing on the Pride on 5/16 and are staying in 8268. The ships layout shows it as a aft so I'm curious to see if anyone has pictures. The wait is just killing me so hopefully this will help pass the time!

How many in an aft? We are a family of 5 can these cabins hold 5? If not can we get the aft balcony next to the wrap and remove barrior? As of now we're looking at a cruise sometime in fall of 2011.

Wow.I want one but I would feel like I was wasting it for only two people.Maybe raffle off some spots?LOL

Wow.I want one but I would feel like I was wasting it for only two people.Maybe raffle off some spots?LOL

Cabin crawl! That way all your cruisecritic.com buddies can check it out.

How many in an aft? We are a family of 5 can these cabins hold 5? If not can we get the aft balcony next to the wrap and remove barrior? As of now we're looking at a cruise sometime in fall of 2011.

Depends on the ship some allow 3 per cabin.. most only 2.. you would have to see if the cabin beside would allow 3.. if not you would have to get one across the hall..

Its always only the 2 of us that sail and get the aftwrap.. I enjoy my balcony time alot and its worth it to me.. alot of friends sailing with you helps too;)

Cabin crawl! That way all your cruisecritic.com buddies can check it out.

Exactly what we do:p

I need to figure out how to post pictures. Can someone give me a quick lesson?

Edited by SAC69

Kel, we have 4237 on the Miracle next month. So excited I can hardly stand it! We'll host a cocktail party for our CC group.

Most only hold 2. We are a family of 3, so we had to put our 7 year old in the adjoining cabin. It was like having a 2 bedroom suite, with 2 bathrooms.

Yes. The 4237/4239 combo even has a connecting door inside. The same on the opposite side (4228/4230)

Yes. The 4237/4239 combo even has a connecting door inside. The same on the opposite side (4228/4230)

Which room allows 3.. the aft beside the wrap???

Which room allows 3.. the aft beside the wrap???

Yes. 2 beds and a sofa.

Edited by MrPete

Yes. 2 beds and a sofa.

Good to know.. thought most afts only held 2 even on the Spirit class

Edited by KruznKel

We had Dream 8468 - one of the 2 wider aft balconies on Deck 8. Nearly twice the width of the standard aft at the same price.

8468a.jpg

8468b.jpg

Victory aft wrap 6461

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

We also had the 2 starboard extended balconies - 6451 & 6459. Made for a VERY long space when the dividers were open.

IMG_0074.jpg

Edited by KJPG

I'll be in my first wrap-around suite aft in July :)

Deck 7(no, I won't tell my cabin #, somebody may try to steal it from me :eek:), I know there are some pics out there...so COME ON PEOPLE, POST EM'!!

I love aft cabins. It's so quiet back there and looking at the wake is awesome in the morning/afternoon/evening/night. Plus, you get the complete privacy :p:rolleyes:

We've mever evem had a balcony on our cruises, must less the aft we booked. I told the DW we have one rule, no clothing allowed on the balcony. I hope that works out.

We've mever evem had a balcony on our cruises, must less the aft we booked. I told the DW we have one rule, no clothing allowed on the balcony. I hope that works out.
c

Careful with that thought. The neighbors above you can see down into your balcony:D They are not as private as a regular balcony.:eek:

We are so excited that we will sailing in our first Aft Balcony cabin on the Dream in a few weeks - 6468!! I cannot wait!! Thanks for the pictures of other Dream Aft Balconies!! I'm even more excited!

Here are some of 7445 on the Freedom (we had the wraparound and 5 of the aft balconies next to it - unfortunately only 3 of them opened up to the aft.):

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/mimi567/cruise/freedom%202009/

These are of the Conquest - I took them as they passed us a few weeks ago:

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/mimi567/conquest/

If that is a link to your album .. can't view it...

Any tips on how to post pix correctly?

With the aft balconies being so popular, I thought it'd be fun to start a thread with pics of aft, aft-wraps on different ships.

I'll start with the Ecstasy E244

e244.jpg

22010E244.jpg

22010018.jpg

22010019.jpg

22010020.jpg

Thanks for the great pics. We just booked the Ecstasy Aft cabins U226 and U228 they look great. First time AFTer's

We're on the Destiny Jan 2011 in an OS. If I called to change to a wrap is this an upgrade or downgrade? Also does Destiny wrap come with VIP boarding?