Show me your aft!

jhale

Just booked our first aft on Carnival Valor for December 2019. I wasn't even looking to book one it just sort of fell in my lap when I was looking to book a balcony room. The price was great as well. It's a surprise for my sweetie for our 10 year anniversary.

Thanks to those that resurrected this old thread. I've been on the fence about spending the extra $$$ to upgrade from our L-shaped balcony on the upper deck to an aft wrap. Tonight I bit the bullet and we're now in 6452 on the Valor in February and I couldn't be more excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I am going to try to resurrect this again. I am in Room 7453 on Carnival Freedom in April. We upgraded from a regular balcony for only $50 more. My only concern is engine noise. Has it been bothersome for anyone else? Also, as far as looking at Stars, is there more light at the back of the ship near these type balconies?

On 10/15/2019 at 5:37 PM, jbwilson1988 said:

I am going to try to resurrect this again. I am in Room 7453 on Carnival Freedom in April. We upgraded from a regular balcony for only $50 more. My only concern is engine noise. Has it been bothersome for anyone else? Also, as far as looking at Stars, is there more light at the back of the ship near these type balconies?

Good to get this thread going again.  We have had aft wraps on the Conquest (3rd time this Christmas), Liberty, Valor, and Glory.  We've been on all three decks (6,7,8).  We've never had engine noise.   When in higher waves, there was a slight vibration, but it was nice to go to sleep to.  All the wraps are essentially the same, but the 8th deck wrap is a bit longer.   There is a nice covered area on the side of the wrap where you can look down to the front of the ship.   Nice place to go if it's raining.  As for the stars, you can see them, but there is enough ambient light from other places on the ship to wash out some of the stars.   I think the best place to see stars might be near the bridge, on one of the observation decks.