Show me your aft!

jhale

Yes we had trouble with an aft wrap above the comedy club. No problem on the nights they had the comedy but they also used that lounge for music parties 3-4 nights. Unless you are out until 2:00 am or can sleep through anything, I would think twice. We tried to go to sleep and couldn't for the thump, thump, thump of the bass. When we spoke to the Guest Services Manager, she told us that they were aware that it was a problem but since some people didn't complain, they just addressed the complaints as they came up. We were very nice to her but told her honestly that it was extremely annoying to not be able to go to sleep around midnight or so. We ended up getting some onboard credit and a discount towards a future cruise which was nice because we weren't there demanding something be given to us like some people do. Maybe that's why she was so generous - because we weren't being buttheads like so many people are when they complain about stuff.:)

Edited by breenw

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any updated information about Freedom Cabin 8450. I just booked this room for an 8 day cruise in July 2014 for my fiance and I for our honeymoon. We are really wanting a balcony we can lay out on and we were told this is supposed to be a balcony that bigger than the rest of the aft balconies by about 1/3 but not as big as an aft wrap balcony. Can anyone confirm that 8450 has both chaise loungers and chairs? Pictures would help too if anyone has them! Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have any updated information about Freedom Cabin 8450. I just booked this room for an 8 day cruise in July 2014 for my fiance and I for our honeymoon. We are really wanting a balcony we can lay out on and we were told this is supposed to be a balcony that bigger than the rest of the aft balconies by about 1/3 but not as big as an aft wrap balcony. Can anyone confirm that 8450 has both chaise loungers and chairs? Pictures would help too if anyone has them! Thanks in advance!

Found this review for you :) The balcony looks awesome!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1485398

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Hi! Those are great balconies! I have 8450 on the Liberty in less than two weeks and have had that same room on the Freedom.

There is most certainly room for one or two chaise lounges plus a chair. There SHOULD be at lest one there and if not, you should ask for one. There is more than ample space to lay out. I actually like these balconies better than the aft wrap on Conquest class ships for the price. There is plenty of room as much of the space in the aft is more narrow and curves around the side of the ship.

YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! Have fun! Remember there are only two of these rooms on the ship with the extra wide aft balcony and you've got one of them!

Hi! Those are great balconies! I have 8450 on the Liberty in less than two weeks and have had that same room on the Freedom.

There is most certainly room for one or two chaise lounges plus a chair. There SHOULD be at lest one there and if not, you should ask for one. There is more than ample space to lay out. I actually like these balconies better than the aft wrap on Conquest class ships for the price. There is plenty of room as much of the space in the aft is more narrow and curves around the side of the ship.

YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! Have fun! Remember there are only two of these rooms on the ship with the extra wide aft balcony and you've got one of them!

Ruggled, thank you for the reply. Its great to know we are going to be getting a great balcony for our honeymoon. I am worried that they will take away the loungers and leave the chairs when Freedom undergoes 2.0 upgrades (or a combination of upgrades) when it goes to dry dock this winter. Has Liberty underwent 2.0 upgrades and do you mind taking picture of your balcony and posting them here! I would love to see some updated pictures! Are we able to request chaise loungers to be put on the balcony if they are not there? Do I need to do that before by talking directly to Carnival? Thank you so much!

• 3 weeks later...
Why? What happened?

Mona we had a fair amount of wet weather on this particular cruise and because there is no covering above this balcony, the balcony was always wet. Likewise, it was always dirty with soot, which I had not experienced on the previous aft balconies, as well as trash from those above us. When our neighbors above us moved their chairs around at night, it was very loud inside our cabin because their balcony is situated right above our beds...so it was same with those below us when we moved our chairs around. Privacy was an issue...normally when you are out on your side balcony, you rarely see anyone else around you.

For the record, I am not a complainer, I love to cruise and I love Carnival. This was just not a good balcony for me.

To the question on the sofa bed in aft extended balcony, we too will be on Sunshine in April and have booked the whole corner on deck 8 multiple balconies, corner wrap and extended. From what I have seen the sofa beds do not pull out, they are twin beds they make up each night. You may not be allowed a pullman bed due to occupancy restrictions. Worth asking in advance so no suprises.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked into a vista suite (8273 Legend) for our upcoming cruise we are travelling with our 10 month old.

I am wondering if anyone knows where the crib would be set up?

We were in Vista Suite 7347, just below your suite. I would think the rooms are equally sized. If so, and depending on crib size, there's room enough for a crib in the corner of the bedroom. The chairs in the sitting room could also be moved. It would be a bit crowded, but workable. You're gonna love this suite.

Here are some pictures and a video of 7347. We were on the Legend for a 12-day Med cruise.

Carnival Legend Vista Suite 7347 Photos

Carnival Legend Vista Suite 7347 Video Tour

We are booked into a vista suite (8273 Legend) for our upcoming cruise we are travelling with our 10 month old.

I am wondering if anyone knows where the crib would be set up?

My wife and I cruised with our son in the wrap-around directly across the ship from yours back in 2010. Plenty of room to put a crib just about anywhere in the room. As I remember, you could probably put it right at the foot of the bed if you want to. I'm so jealous of you. We now have two kids and can no longer book that room. I would say it was the best room and balcony set-up we've ever had. The only one I would (maybe) book next time would be a wrap-around on deck 4 simply because of the cover in case it rains. Never had an issue with people looking down on us from above--- about all they can see is your feet if you are laying with your head closest to the cabin. Have a blast!!! Bill

We were on the Pride in an aft cabin July 2013. We had 1 lounger, 1 adjustable chair and a small side table. I think we could have requested another lounger or chair but there really wasn't room for more than 2 seats. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app