Show me your aft!

jhale

On conquest class ships - on the veranda deck - the aft cabins next to the wraps (8450 and 8457) have 1/3 larger balconies and they do have a couch in them. I don't think the empress deck is this way. We had 8450 on conquest and the wrap (8448) on freedom. I would take the aft over the wrap. If you do not have a large party it is a lot of deck for a couple people (not to mention much more expensive). Our balcony on conquest had 2 reg chairs and 2 lounge chairs and a table. We loved it!!!:rolleyes:

Does 8451 have the couch and any lounge chairs? I have that cabin on the conquest and would appreciate any info you have

On conquest class ships - on the veranda deck - the aft cabins next to the wraps (8450 and 8457) have 1/3 larger balconies and they do have a couch in them. I don't think the empress deck is this way. We had 8450 on conquest and the wrap (8448) on freedom. I would take the aft over the wrap. If you do not have a large party it is a lot of deck for a couple people (not to mention much more expensive). Our balcony on conquest had 2 reg chairs and 2 lounge chairs and a table. We loved it!!!:rolleyes:

What about the upper deck( deck 6). Do you think those have the same large balconies as the verandah deck. I am talking about the ones next to the wrap. It looks the same as veranda deck. Looking at the deck plans, empress has more cabins accross the back of the ship , whereas decks 6 and 8 have 2 less.

I tried to look at your pictures on the cruisecritic photo gallery,

it said You do not have permission to view the images in this category. :(

Welcome to the mysterious world of the CC Photo Gallery! :D

I too receive inexplicable error messages like this -they make no sense at all!

God knows who is limiting you, but it's not me.

Welcome to the mysterious world of the CC Photo Gallery! :D

I too receive inexplicable error messages like this -they make no sense at all!

God knows who is limiting you, but it's not me.

LOL thanks, how was your Valor cruise? I did see the pictures you posted on the picture site :D

I finally have something to contribute to this thread!

p1697743968-3.jpg

p1620895793-3.jpg

p1875780403-3.jpg

p1814057728-3.jpg

p1723258699-3.jpg

The room felt bigger than a regular balcony room, but I don't know if it was actually bigger square foot-wise.

It had a couch (which converted to a bed so the cabin sleeps 3), a chair and a table, standard bathroom, standard closet configuration, but no hall.

We had 2 lounge chairs, 2 reclining regular chairs and one non-reclining, also 2 of those small tables.

As you can see the overhang did provide some shade, depending on which way we were sailing, but not much protection from the rain.

You can't see the balcony from the aft lido deck pool - but you could see someone standing right at the railing.

There wasn't much noise - none from the club below on deck 5. There was movement even in calm seas (mostly a gentle rocking), so if you have motion issues, you might not want to get this room.

We had soot one day when they were doing some kind of test where they blew the horn multiple times. Other than that it was clean. We had one cigarette butt (people are soooo stupid) in 8 days.

I LOVED this room!

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked in 6476 on the Carnival Breeze Aug. 25th. Two questions:

:confused: Will noise from the lounge be bothersome at night?

:confused: Does anyone have photos of this particular cabin and balcony that they could share or point me to?

Thanks!!! We are so excited!:D

• 1 month later...

We were on the dream 6th deck in March and the room had a sofa, but not a sleeper sofa. We booked again in aft on Vista deck on the dream coming up for Sept 7th and there are a few rooms that hold three on floors 8 and 9 on the Dream. We booked 9477 and was told by our PVP that the balcony for this room is about 50% larger than the middle rooms on same deck due to configuration of the ship for that deck. We are booked for 3 in this room.

I tried to look at your pictures on the cruisecritic photo gallery, it said You do not have permission to view the images in this category. :(

For you and anyone else wondering, many of the photo's in this thread are red x'd because of webshots changing to a pay service. I lost a ton of my photo's from there. Now I have to figure something else out. For now, I post in facebook then I can post in here from there but I don't want to upload many photo's of my cruise in facebook so I need a new option.

For you and anyone else wondering, many of the photo's in this thread are red x'd because of webshots changing to a pay service. I lost a ton of my photo's from there. Now I have to figure something else out. For now, I post in facebook then I can post in here from there but I don't want to upload many photo's of my cruise in facebook so I need a new option.

I use photobucket, so far so good, and my phone automatically uploads my pics there.

We are sailing Pride Nov 3 and it will be our first aft balcony.

Question: Do you get more smell from the smoke stack? Seems the flow of air would wrap the fumes behind the ship.

We called Carnival Legend Vista Suite 7347 (corner aft) home for 12 nights in the Mediterranean. Never had an issue with smoke or smell.

• 3 weeks later...

We are sailing in 13 days on the Fascination. We had booked an ocean view because the cost was so cheap. However, today we had the opportunity to upgrade to an aft balcony for a very nice price and we decided to go for it. Looking forward to posting some pictures here when we return!

• 1 month later...

Have had a regular aft balcony before on the Glory and it was awesome!!! Cabin 8461. Now we have our first aft wrap booked on the Valor for next December, and my brother has the extra long balcony room beside us, cannot wait to open the divider and have one hugeeeeeee balcony!!!!!!

Hi all! I'm thinking about an Aft Cabin for a Caribbean cruise. I spend a lot of time on my balcony and I'm wondering how sunny these cabins are. Any help will be appreciated.

The amount of sun you get on your balcony depends on several things such as the direction of the ship, and which class of ship. On Fantasy class afts, the balcony has an overhang, but on other classes, such as Conquest class the back of the ship is sloped so that there is very little overhang. In the middle of the day, you could possibly have a lot of sun on that class of ship.

I've often heard people complain about the soot on the afts, we've had several now and never had a problem with soot or smoke. Once we were under a restaurant and they washed the windows at night and that presented a wet balcony in the morning. We complained and they were nice about it and gave us a on board credit for the inconvenience. So I went shopping until the balcony dried. But they are lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the Sunshine in March 2014 and have an extended aft cabin(8N-8330) and an interior cabin. We have 3 booked in each cabin but are sure there will be 4 in the aft and two teenage boys in the interior pretty much most of the time. We are now concerned that the sofa is just a sofa and not a pull out sofa bed. I emailed Carnival but have yet to get a response. Anyone know the answer to this question from previous cruises on other Carnival ships? Does the extended aft have just a sofa or is it a pullout sofa bed and/or will they bring in a pullman bed if I ask for one? Should I bring a blowup air mattress to be on the safe side?

Edited by ZRC1MLC2