Gift Champagne in Deluxe Suite

DaveOKC

A couple of times we have not had the Suite Welcome Aboard cocktail party -- when I asked we were told -- "Not on this ship".

Farewell cocktail party -- only had it once.

What other Suite events and treats do you get?

KK, You've sailed Eurodam? Did you not have a Suite Farewell Party? We have sailed her four cruises and had four Suite Welcome Aboard Parties and four Farewell Parties.

:D Maybe they're running them Just for Us. :) ???? I think not. :rolleyes:

We always have had Suite Welcome Aboard Party and Suite Farewell many times on Maasdam.

There was a time or two Captain only popped in for just a minute at Suite Welcome Aboard as we were sailing the St. Lawrence out of Montreal and conditions required he be on the Bridge.

We enjoy the Suite Farewells maybe even more than the Welcome parties as it's a chance to thank everyone who provided such a great cruise.

I cannot think of a single time we did not receive a Welcome Aboard bottle of champagne from Captain and Hotel Manager. We always get one for each segment of our b-to-b's. Of course, I'm not saying it didn't happen to someone else just that it never happened to us.

Again, we've been lucky. :)

KK, You've sailed Eurodam? Did you not have a Suite Farewell Party? We have sailed her four cruises and had four Suite Welcome Aboard Parties and four Farewell Parties.

:D Maybe they're running them Just for Us. :) ???? I think not. :rolleyes:

We always have had Suite Welcome Aboard Party and Suite Farewell many times on Maasdam.

There was a time or two Captain only popped in for just a minute at Suite Welcome Aboard as we were sailing the St. Lawrence out of Montreal and conditions required he be on the Bridge.

We enjoy the Suite Farewells maybe even more than the Welcome parties as it's a chance to thank everyone who provided such a great cruise.

I cannot think of a single time we did not receive a Welcome Aboard bottle of champagne from Captain and Hotel Manager. We always get one for each segment of our b-to-b's. Of course, I'm not saying it didn't happen to someone else just that it never happened to us.

Again, we've been lucky. :)

Yes -- we sailed on the Eurodam in Nov/Dec 2008 -- there was only the Suite Welcome Party.

We sailed on the Maasdam 4 times in 2007. In the spring we did back-to-back cruises -- no Suite Farewell party. In Aug -- only the second week was there a suite Farewell party.

Well, my half-brained theory is obviously wrong. Ignore the short blonde behind the curtain ... :)

Is the Farewell Party the same as "cocktails with the Capt and HM" (formerly the VIP Party?). We have had the Welcome, Cocktails with the Capt & HM, and the suite brunch, but I don't specifically remember a Farewell.

Archived