Glory Eastern 4/11/10

Lyncoya

LOL!!! thanks girl!!! :D

Honestly, I wouldn't rent a golf cart in Grand Turk...we planned on doing that, but when we got to the port, we could see the WHOLE island from the 10th deck. We decided it wasn't worth it....there really isn't much to the island. We just made it a beach day. Beautiful beach though and Margaritaville is fun, although expensive. Have fun!!!

Try the fish and chips...you may like it, it just wasn't for me.

Thank you for the heads up about the cart. I can't believe you can see the whole island from the ship.....I knew it was a small island:eek::eek:. I don't know about Margaritaville.....I guess we'll make it a beach day....or just go with the flow when we dock. That mango swirl is startin' to talk to me;) I will check out the F&C to see if I like them. Thank you again for the pictures and review:)

Thank you for the heads up about the cart. I can't believe you can see the whole island from the ship.....I knew it was a small island:eek::eek:. I don't know about Margaritaville.....I guess we'll make it a beach day....or just go with the flow when we dock. That mango swirl is startin' to talk to me;) I will check out the F&C to see if I like them. Thank you again for the pictures and review:)

No problem, I'm glad you liked 'em. Make sure you come back and tell me all about your trip. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We're sailing in November with a slightly different itinerary. I absolutely agree with you about Grand Turk. The last time we were there we walked in the little town. I think we'll do something similar to what you did when we get there. We're not going to to HMC this time..darn!!

Thank you for sharing!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OH, Wow ! We will be in 1004 on our cruise to Bermuda in Oct. We're excited because it sails from Norfolk, VA. We live in Delaware so we can just hop in the van and DRIVE ! Yahoo. No flights required ! Thanks for cabin pictures.

OH, Wow ! We will be in 1004 on our cruise to Bermuda in Oct. We're excited because it sails from Norfolk, VA. We live in Delaware so we can just hop in the van and DRIVE ! Yahoo. No flights required ! Thanks for cabin pictures.

I wish I didn't have to fly to port. :( You're lucky. :) Glad you liked the pics...have fun on your cruise! :)

Just did the Western itinerary with DH last month. Was soooo fun! Im going to show DD this thread and all your pics. Its her turn to cruise now. Hurry up and get here January!!!:eek:

I think we're gonna do the western next year on the Valor. I've never been to any of the western ports, except Cozumel.

• 2 weeks later...

The burrito bar would be a lot better if the meat was HOT. :)

I said the same thing in my review!!! By the time you add the cold veggies to the luke warm meat, you have a burrito bordering on being cold!! I liked the taco bar on the last sea day sooo much better!!

I said the same thing in my review!!! By the time you add the cold veggies to the luke warm meat, you have a burrito bordering on being cold!! I liked the taco bar on the last sea day sooo much better!!

I was beginning to think I was the only one. I could only take one bite of that thing, and that was it! I saw the taco bar, but didn't try it. Next time I will. :)

• 7 months later...
Here are a few obserations. The aft area is adults only. Why is the pizza back there? Kids eat pizza, therefore making this area not "adults only". I never saw any kids misbehave...just an observation.

The hot tubs were nice and HOT. They were never too crowded either.

The cover on the aft pool is nice.

The comedy club is a must do!

The burrito bar would be a lot better if the meat was HOT. :)

Fish and chips were OK...the fish was a little "fishy" tasting to me, if you know what I mean. Not nasty, just maybe a little strong for my taste. The calamari was great though.

Mongolian grill was delish as always. Most of the times there were lines, but nothing too horrible.

My new favorite frozen drink is the Mango swirl...awesome.

Get your drinks from the artrium bar. (the bar by guest relations) The bartender was soo nice, and she made the drinks stronger and bigger than any other bars for the same price. I think she thought my husband was cute. ;) Long island ice teas were nice and potent. :D

The AFT is certainly not an adult only area. There may be an adult only pool area in the back of the ship but that's where most waterworks and carnival kids camps are. The back is more about kids than any place.

• 4 months later...

Archived