Port of Miami Parking Question...Can We Do This?

deej696

We are going on a 9nt B2B in a few weeks, and some friends of our in the Miami area are taking us to the port, and allowing us to leave our car at their place. As it turns out, they need to leave town the day prior to our return. My question is, will they be able to park our car and leave it at POM, even though they are not cruising etc? Its been 2 years since I did a cruise from here, and if I recall correctly there is a garage, but I cant remember if you had to have cruise documents, etc to get in. I just dont want my friends to get there and be given a hard time.

Obviously I would just take a taxi to their home, but it would far more than offset the savings of paying for 2 days of parking as opposed to 9....

Anyone have some insight?

don't know for sure but I agree there might be access issues. Here's two alternatives

1. They just leave the car at their house and you take a taxi or shuttle there....

or

2. They leave the car in the MIA parking garage. We know there's no access issues there and also know the taxi cost....

As my wife and I were talking about it last night, both of us seemed to remember that you simply pulled up and got a ticket from the machine at the POM garage. There wasn't an actual person and it wasn't prepay like it is at Port Canaveral. Is this correct? If so, I'm thinking it should be no problem to do this?..

Your friends can access the port parking garage with no problem, security issues come into play at the terminals. I ould think the hardest part will be to find your vehicle when you debark your cruise.

If you have a cell phone, and they have one, they could call you and leave you a voice mail as to where they park the car. The garage isn't that big, you should be able to find it this way.

Can anyone confirm that you don't pay till you leave, as opposed to in advance like in Canaveral?

You pay upon leaving, and Port Canaveral is also a pay after your cruise now (they apparently figured out they were losing money on the B2B cruisers).

You pay upon leaving, and Port Canaveral is also a pay after your cruise now (they apparently figured out they were losing money on the B2B cruisers).

POM was pay in cash upon arriving the last time I cruised out of Miami.

Archived