Rising Tide Bar

LBumb

It's a cool, interesting novelty. It was rarely particularly busy on our cruise, and we spent about 45 minutes there one evening (up and down twice, I think). The service was fine, it's a unique idea, and there's a certain wow factor. Otherwise, it's pretty much just another bar. That's probably one of the challenges of having a unique bar on a ship with as many bars as Oasis has.

Based on our cruise, they probably could have saved some bucks and had a really nice stationary bar on the Promenade. Others' opinions may vary.

It's fully stocked. Probably takes about 5 minutes to go up or down. It goes one way on the hour and half hour and the other way on the 15 and 45. I think I did have the martini, and agree it was very good.

Just to be clear, I think it was pretty neat. From a business standpoint, given the likely cost of the system, I don't know that I'd do it again, but the Oasis is intentionally over the top (and executed well for it), so maybe it does make sense.

Hubby and I enjoyed it. I had a chocolate martini, if I recall. Maybe it was an espresso martini. We stayed on and went up and down twice. There wasn't a line to get on. The bar is pretty when it is up in the air because there is a lovely fountain underneath it and the water spout gets higher as the bar goes higher, so it makes for an interesting display in the Prominade.

I can't answer the question about the bathroom and honestly don't know where it is.

What are cruisers opinion of the rising tide bar. It is so unique was just wondering what oasis cruises thought of it.

I really thought it was a rather stupid idea to be completely honest but, in the spirit of trying something to have an informed opinion about it, I really thought it was a pretty fun bar to grab a cocktail. Sure it only goes up a few floors and then comes back down to the same spot but we found it to be different enough that it was a fun little adventure. I don't think it's something that would be a deal maker/breaker as far as choosing a cruise ship but, when we're on Allure next year if I feel like having a drink and I'm close to Rising Tide, I'd do it again.

My hubby and I enjoyed it. Try to get on the side where the Schooner Bar is located and you will be able to hear some great live music as you travel up and down. It is a novelty item but it was fun and something different! :)

We rode the Rising Tide a few times, and enjoyed it. We struck up a conversation witht he girl who operated the controls, and she told us that she porgrams the speed based on minutes. Typically, they set it so it takes 8 minutes to go from the Promenade to Central Park. If I recall, she said the fastest would be 3 minutes.

Is there a time limit you can stay there? What if you have to go to the restroom between ups and downs? :)

Do you have time to go and then "reboard". Just curious about the logistics. Or will they rise or lower without you leaving your spouse "on board"?

Is there a time limit you can stay there? What if you have to go to the restroom between ups and downs? :)

Do you have time to go and then "reboard". Just curious about the logistics. Or will they rise or lower without you leaving your spouse "on board"?

If you hustle, you have time to go the restroom. If you don't make it back in time, you have three choices:

1) take the elevator/stairs up/down three flights to catch up with it

2) wait for it to come back to where you are

3) leave you spouse at the bar and go do something else :)

If you hustle, you have time to go the restroom. If you don't make it back in time, you have three choices:

1) take the elevator/stairs up/down three flights to catch up with it

2) wait for it to come back to where you are

3) leave you spouse at the bar and go do something else :)

LOL, so there is a way to get back on if you have to get off for the restroom. Thanks. Who knew there could be so many logistics associated with a bar BUT when you have alcohol consumption, a restroom is a necessity. :)

What are cruisers opinion of the rising tide bar. It is so unique was just wondering what oasis cruises thought of it.

I watched a parade from the bar. It was great. The operator raised it up a little and we had a wonderful view and just sat and enjoyed our drink. Ken Rush came on board and some of the dancers and they got off at Central Park.

Archived