Princess was unable to get charter flight to Aruba

moiragirl

I was to travel on the Coral Princess today, but due to the airspace over the UK being shut down I was unable to fly into Miami as planned on Tuesday, I had some hope that Princess was going to put us and other passengers from the Sea Princess on a charter flight to meet the ship in Aruba, on Thursday, but received a phone call to-day to say they were unable to get flights. Was it just us they couldn't get flights for or was it also the Sea Princess passengers as well? Feel badly let down.

They are going to give us a full refund, although that is not the point, due to work committments it just wasn't easy to rebook at this time. I know that the airspace being closed was not Princess's fault but I was on the ball with them from last Thursday and all that I was told was they couldn't do anything until the flight was cancelled. I was sent a text from Virgin before Princess alerted me that the flight was cancelled on Tuesday.

Hi Heather,

Thanks for that.

Think we will take a few days to think about next steps, we are unsure now as to which cruise to go on and with what company. It will be hard to try to fit in that length of cruise for the next couple of years until my husband retires.

Jackie.

what a terrible disappointment for you, and for so many other people. I've been lucky in

my travels, so far. This whole thing has been a disaster on so many fronts.

I hope you can rebook and enjoy a wonderful cruise....and not have to wait 2 years.

I was sent a text from Virgin before Princess alerted me that the flight was cancelled on Tuesday

Sounds normal to me...

So sorry for you missing the ship..hope all works out for your refund

Hi Moiragirl,

I can imagine how miserable you must be feeling not being able to go on the cruise that I'm sure you have looked forward to for so long! Such a disappointment.

Its often not so easy just to change your holiday dates with work etc, so I really hope that you are able to book another cruise soon so that you have something to look forward to. Keep your chin up! Best wishes.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your concerns, now that a day has passed and I have had time to think it out properly, I am thinking of booking another one Oct/Nov time to the Panama Canal, just won't be for as long. Not sure whether to give Princess another chance or go with P&O.

We did the Panama Canal cruise on Coral P and had a great time. I am aware that P&O are doing charter flights for the Panama Canal cruise this year. Charter flights are good as not only does it save the hassle of a night in a hotel in the US when you get there, but it also cuts down on the number of holiday days that you have to take. OK so it may be only by one or two, but when you don't get many days leave from work for the year, every one is important.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the very best.

I was sent a text from Virgin before Princess alerted me that the flight was cancelled on Tuesday.
Normal for non-caring, no clue of what the heck is up-princess customer relations

Sounds normal to me...

Er, no.

Airlines have systems set up so that when a flight is cancelled in the operations computer, that triggers a mass texting to every passenger who has registered a mobile phone number for this purpose.

The cruise line doesn't operate the flights, so it doesn't have instant information about cancellations so it's not going to be able to do this.

Cruise lines could have systems set up to text every passenger the instant that a cruise is cancelled, but what good is that when virtually no cruises are actually cancelled?

Archived