Mariner, Mazatlan, time change?

Does anyone know for sure whether or not Mazatlan ship time is the same as port time?

I have heard that it is for all the ships EXCEPT Mariner. I don't know why it would be different, but I need to know b/c I've booked a private excursion, and I don't know if the pick up time will be right.

I have never been on a ship where they did not change the time. Of course I haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean yet, but I can't see where it would be any different. I have been to Mexico several times and other places the time changed and the ship always notified everyone of the time change. It would make it too difficult for shore excursions, ect. to remember if the ship didn't change the time and I think alot of people could miss the boat. It has always been whatever the local time is, that is what the ship time is.

I'm just off the Mariner this past Sunday. Stays on ship time (Los Angeles time). Cabo and Mazatlan are both one hour ahead. Puerto Vallarta is two hours ahead.

This was Captain Johnny. Not sure if this is his directive or not. But we did not change times.

While I appreciate the reminders about how important ships time is and fully understand, I am very concerned about local time for this trip. We are meeting friends in Cabo and PV and do not want them standing around at the dock for several hours. Also attempting to do a private excursion in PV. The excursion does not rely on cruise ships for their business so they will not wait for the ship as many do.

It appears that recently the Mariner has changed their "ships" time and no longer go forward an hour from pacific time. I have a compass from fall that clearly stated that they did. But in the last couple of weeks I have been watching the Cabo web cam which clearly shows the Mariner departing at 7 pm local time which would be 6 pm pacific time which is the time listed in the itinerary. If the Mariner ships time was moved forward 1 hour, as they used to do, then the ship would be leaving at 6pm local time (5 pacific).

Still would be great to get one more confirmation. Any recent compasses?

Thanks for everything,

Paul

While I appreciate the reminders about how important ships time is and fully understand, I am very concerned about local time for this trip. We are meeting friends in Cabo and PV and do not want them standing around at the dock for several hours. Also attempting to do a private excursion in PV. The excursion does not rely on cruise ships for their business so they will not wait for the ship as many do.

It appears that recently the Mariner has changed their "ships" time and no longer go forward an hour from pacific time. I have a compass from fall that clearly stated that they did. But in the last couple of weeks I have been watching the Cabo web cam which clearly shows the Mariner departing at 7 pm local time which would be 6 pm pacific time which is the time listed in the itinerary. If the Mariner ships time was moved forward 1 hour, as they used to do, then the ship would be leaving at 6pm local time (5 pacific).

Still would be great to get one more confirmation. Any recent compasses?

Thanks for everything,

Paul

I'd be inclined to take the poster a couple posts back at their word. It's not the first time I have heard that they keep a single time standard on board. I am sailing the Mariner a week from this Sunday (5/2) and our game plan is going to be to keep our timepieces on Pacific, and sync'd with the ship. That way, the only thing I would only ever need to make a mental adjustment for would be a specific local event. As the poster noted, Cabo and Mazatlan are the same as US Mountain (+1 Hour), and Puerto Vallarta is going to be US Central (+2).

I've been watching the Cabo webcams on tuesday mornings the last few weeks and the Mariner has been a little irregular on arrival time- Sometimes by as much as 45 minutes (10:15 AM Pacific) one week. That figures to 11:15 Cabo time, so if you are meeting friends, you might want to play it safe on your time estimate, especially when you figure in queue/tender time.

I would expect the arrivals in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta to be much more punctual, but it really seems like from the time they put the screws to it coming out of San Pedro, they are running against the clock to make that 9:30 AM arrival in Cabo, or there is some other factor working against them.

The only reason I am concerned is I booked with Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan, and she said that she would meet me outside the terminal at 8am. However, according to the ship itinerary, we don't arrive until 8am, so I'm guessing I couldn't get to Randi until 8:30am or 9am? Maybe I'm incorrect, since it's not a tendering port, and I could potentially get off right away. I'm just foreseeing a long line....

I'm just off the Mariner this past Sunday. Stays on ship time (Los Angeles time). Cabo and Mazatlan are both one hour ahead. Puerto Vallarta is two hours ahead.

This was Captain Johnny. Not sure if this is his directive or not. But we did not change times.

Sorry if I'm being dumb, but if Mazatlan is an hour ahead, would 8am Mazatlan time be 7am ship time?

Archived