Which Day Pass???

beachbuddy

Do any of these resorts have water toys. Like water bikes, etc? I want to just lay on the beach but the kids want to be a little active.

Sheraton has free non-motorized sports.. usually kayaks and trikes, as well as snorkeling gear. You can rent a jet ski or go parasailing as well.

Hilton has mats, tubes and kayaks free to guest. They also have snorkeling gear and kids pails, shovels and trucks. No jet ski's or parasailing.

Atlantis has water trikes in the lagoon as well.. but you have to rent them .. the main beach is too rough for toys.

if we are going to BCH - can we just walk in and get the day pass? or should we book in advance? Where? how much?

Also do they provide towels as well? (would be great if we don't have to lug our big carnival towels with us!)

Edited by Froufie

if we are going to BCH - can we just walk in and get the day pass? or should we book in advance? Where? how much?

Also do they provide towels as well? (would be great if we don't have to lug our big carnival towels with us!)

You can book ahead of time as Island Marketing - you save $5pp.. but check the cancellation policy.. I don't think there's a refund for bad weather, just for your ship not porting.

Otherwise, you can just go to the front desk and get your passes ($55pp).

They provide towels, kayaks, tubs and mats and well as kids toys.

Is the only "all-inclusive" day pass at the Paradise Island Resort? The BCH looks much nicer, but we would like some drinks included. Thanks for any help! I have one more week to decide what we are going to do for the day in Nassau.

You might want to read the whole thread - there is lots of info on day passes and sounds like Paradise Island resort is NOT recommended!

• 2 weeks later...
There is no website that I know of that posts these day rates.

Here's what they are in a nutshell

Sheraton at Cable Beach - $25.pp. Pools, beach, snorkeling gear, bar/grill, resort location. $99 for a day room for 2 adults. $10 ea add'l person to a maximum of 4per room.

Passes available same day at the front desk. Occasionally found in other vendors or thru the cruiseship.

Wyndham at Cable beach (sister to sheraton and located next door). $40 pp which includes a Buffet lunch at the seaside cafe. Pool, slide, lagoon beach, access to the sheraton beach, bar/grill, resort location.

Passes available same day at the front desk. Occasionally found in other vendors or thru the cruiseship

British Colonial Hilton, Small private beach, quiet gardens and hammocks, small quiet pool. this is for those who like to relax with a book. NOT a resort atmosphere. Bar/Grill/ Poolside and beachside service. $40pp includes a $30 voucher for lunch.

Passes available same day at the front desk. Occasionally found in other vendors or thru the cruiseship. Island Marketing also carries this tour.

Breezes - Cable Beach - Adults only $60. All inclusive. Buffet food is so-so, but the outdoor grill has good burgers etc. If you drink, this can be a good thing. Great beach. dirty Pool.

Passes available same day at the front desk. Occasionally found in other vendors or thru the cruiseship

RIU - Paradise Island - All inclusive - $90. Small pool, great beach. Small property.

Passes available same day at the front desk.

Atlantis - Paradise Island.

Beach Pass - $60

Aquarium only package $35

Water park $110 pp

Does not include transportation or lunch.

All day passes are available based on occupancy, and can be "sold out" during the high season.

Looking at the post below this, Riu is now 100. My boyfriend and I are looking for an all inclusive package (drinking included). Price is obviously a motivator, but I cannot bear to go to Paradise Island Resort. I am on the same page with you and would much rather go to the BCH. However, my boyfriend wants to drink. I am a cheap date, and he is not lol. Therein lies the compromise.

For Breezes, the dirty pool is sad BUT luckily, I don't care about the pool, only the beach.

Thanks for the info! I am going to give Breezes a call :) This'll be a happy compromise for us.

I believe the BCH is no longer $40? I think it is $55 now? (with $30 food/beverage credit) Anyone have confirmation of this?

BCH is $55 at the front desk. with $30 food voucher.. $50 from Island Marketing in advance (check the cancellation policy for Island Marketing)

BCH is $55 at the front desk. with $30 food voucher.. $50 from Island Marketing in advance (check the cancellation policy for Island Marketing)

BONUS tip: We did this last month and it was $55 and if you pay directly at the hotel (not through Island Marketing) bring your Hilton Honors card and get the points applied to your account.

Sadly, we also talked with some people from a ship who just walked in there and did not pay the fee........guess they don't check it very carefully.

Thanks for the tip about the Hilton honors card - and thanks Scubagirl for the info.

Don't want to book in advance - depending on weather and how we are feeling (this is the last stop of our 9 day b2b cruise) we can decide if we want to just chill out at the BCH or head out to the Sheraton/Wyndham.....then of course I also wanted to see the flamingos at Ardastra (so much to see - so little time! :D)

Ok I have read the whole thread and have gotten so much information. Myself, Daughter who is 9, and my Mom will be in Nassau next month. I have a few questions

Will 2 women and a child be safe on the #10 jitney or is it better to spend the money on a cab?

What day pass is better the Wyndham or the Sheraton? I saw that the Sheraton is 25 for adults and kids under 12 are half price is that correct? Also what is the day pass for the kids at Wyndham? Adults are 40 including the buffet, right?

Ok I have read the whole thread and have gotten so much information. Myself, Daughter who is 9, and my Mom will be in Nassau next month. I have a few questions

Will 2 women and a child be safe on the #10 jitney or is it better to spend the money on a cab?

What day pass is better the Wyndham or the Sheraton? I saw that the Sheraton is 25 for adults and kids under 12 are half price is that correct? Also what is the day pass for the kids at Wyndham? Adults are 40 including the buffet, right?

You will be safe on the #10 jitney. It runs from 6am - 6:30 pm after that you'll need a cab. They run every few mnutes. You should have not problem.

Sheraton is a great property, great beach, 3 pools, non-motorized water toys and snorkeling.

Wyndahm is a smaller property, with a small lagoon, less vast. I like this property because it's quieter, but I use the sheraton beach and my own snorkeling gear.

Wyndham ($40 including buffet lunch) does NOT discount for kids, although children under 3 are free.

If you are looking to snorkel and use the water toys, I'd choose the Sheraton,

Edited by scubagirrl

Scubagirrl,

Any good diving there? What dive shops are best? Will be there first week of Feb. Thanks in advance.

Jason

Two main dive shops.

Stuart Cove - Premier Dive shop. www.stuartcove.com Located on the south west side of the island. These guys do the famous shark dives you see on TV as well as movies, (James Bond, Into the Blue etc).

Bahama Divers - more tourist centric. Located in Nassau at the Yacht Haven marina. www.bahamadivers.com

Depending on your timing.. either would be a good choice for a 1/2 day dive.

You will be safe on the #10 jitney. It runs from 6am - 6:30 pm after that you'll need a cab. They run every few mnutes. You should have not problem.

Sheraton is a great property, great beach, 3 pools, non-motorized water toys and snorkeling.

Wyndahm is a smaller property, with a small lagoon, less vast. I like this property because it's quieter, but I use the sheraton beach and my own snorkeling gear.

Wyndham ($40 including buffet lunch) does NOT discount for kids, although children under 3 are free.

If you are looking to snorkel and use the water toys, I'd choose the Sheraton,

Thank You so much! Now I need to decide which to do. I am leaning towards the Sheraton. Carnival offers an excursion to the Wyndham so not sure how quiet it will be.

We will be on the Allure of the Seas in April 2011. The stop in Nassau is from 7:00 am and departs at 1:00 pm....so a very short visit. Would is be worth it to get a walk up day pass for the BCH? What are the pool/beach hours? I like the idea that it's so close to the port and we can walk there. We have 3 kids, ages 11, 9, and 6 who love the beach and to swim.

We have already been to Atantis to spend the day there 2 years ago---there would not enough time this trip anyway.

I know many people would just stay on the ship, but we like to get off to "visit" each port.

Any other thoughts for this quick stop would be greatly appreciated.

I was just curious after reading some of the comments about the day passes. We just booked our pass for the Wyndham thru Carnival as an excursion to eliminate some hassle. I saw that the Wyndham day pass doesn't include alcohol, but does anyone know if the pass thru Carnival is slightly different and does include it?

Neither includes alcohol. The Buffet is indoors at the Seaside Cafe and they do not server alcohol. Drinks are available outside at the bar or cafe, (or even pool service) for a price.